main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: S05E18: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 22, 2013.

?

How would grade THIS episode?

1. 10/10

56.1%
  2. 09/10

14.6%
  3. 08/10

9.8%
  4. 07/10

7.3%
  5. 06/10

9.8%
  6. 05/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 04/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 03/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 02/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 01/10

2.4%
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    You guys know the routine.
    If you want to see who voted how, just click the vote(s) button of your choice.
    Feel free to share your scores and whatever you liked or weren't enamored with.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Is this intended to be episode 18 Sx3? ;)

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Um wrong episode lol.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

+The funeral scene
    +Music was great in this episode, where was Kiner
    +Barriss
    +Tarkin
    +"...rarely without strategy"
    +Geonosis call back
    +The conversation between Barriss and Ahsoka
    +Anoat system
    +The Republic military citadel
    +"Avoiding neutral systems", good continuation of the theory in the Mauldalore arc
    +Jedi as military weapons, Letta had some good lines here
    +Letta's death scene
    +"I can't blame you..."
    +Chin touch
    +"This is now a military operation..."; Great Imperial foreshadowing
    +Rex standing up for Ahsoka
    +That chase sequence...oh that chase sequence...
    +Awesome helment for the clone with the creature
    +The sheer emotion between Anakin and Ahsoka
    +Perfect pacing
    +Everything about this episode was GORGEOUS, but that animation alone, ooh la la...

I honestly don't think Barriss is the bomber honestly, it seems way too obvious for an answer, plus why would she frame Ahsoka in the first place, even to let her escape? It doesn't make sense - why not just frame another Jedi in that case? I'm with Senator Kelberry on this one...

Brilliant, brilliant episode. What an arc this is, I am very impressed so far.

10/10

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Pre-emptive huh? Works for me.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Best Episode ever. The chase scene was amazing!

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    10/10 for me of course :p

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I got caught in copy/paste lala land for a minute there. [face_blush]
    Good news is, next week's is already done, correctly numbered and properly tagged.:p

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    10/10 for the captured Separatist's cameos alone.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So after cooling down a bit from watching this last week, I've decided it's not as bad as I initially thought. Even Ahsoka isn't that bad, and I do admire that the TCW team is willing to take such a radical direction with her character and how she relates to the Jedi Order and Anakin in particular.

And goddamn is this episode pretty. Very well put together. Great atmospheric depicitions of Coruscant, from the ominous military base to the dark and dank sewers. And everyone's character models are top notch. I noticed Tarkin's fingers are particularly more finger-like and less boxy appendages from earlier seasons. And speaking of the devilish rascal, he was a definite highlight of the episode. Some damn fine voice acting there.

A lot of great Anakin moments here. We see shades of the man who'll eventually make a deal with the devil to save the woman he loves, and he clearly cares deeply for Ahsoka. I imagine this arc will be very similar to the Rako Hardeen arc in regards to moving Anakin closer to the man we see in ROTS.

7/10

11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Every positive thing about this episode has been said, so I won't say anymore, other than that Clone trooper with the mask and Massiff looked pretty badass. I hope we learn more about him.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Massiff? Was he the AT-RT Walker Driver?

13. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The creature was a Massiff.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Ohh, did not know that.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    10, awesome episode is awesome. Neatest portrayal of Anakin in the entire series and Matt Lanter knocked it out of the park with his performance. Great to see Barriss. I really liked the drama, action, and suspense as the mysterious plot of frame Ahsoka unfolded and she ended up running away resulting in an epic chase. Its a character driven treat. This episode finally filled me up for some clone action with the pursuit. There are some interesting characterfuls with Fox and Rex and great callbacks to previous episodes here as well.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Visually brilliant, but the chase scene just was far too long, reaching ridiculous length (imo).

Valairy Scot likes this.
  17. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    10/10 Easily the best TCW episode by far... WHO THE HELL SET UP SNNNIIIIIPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?!?!?!?!?!?

Jedi Funeral was awesome. Tarkin was awesome, Ashoka was BOSS, owned tarkin at the temple.... Chase scene was EPIC. Just wow. Shocking just when I thought TCW wouldnt be topped, it got even better. Ashoka, Tarkin, and anakin are at the top of their game here. That tunnel scene. WOW..... I'm very excited for tomorrow's episode and the season finale. What the hell is gona happen?!?!?!?

heres an interesting feature that goes along with the episode I think everyone should check out: http://starwars.com/watch/the-jedi-who-knew-too-much-featurette.html

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Anakin was portrayed poorly early on imo, but they made up for that later.

I couldn't give this a 10 because the Fugitive homage was just too exact and they just couldn't resist including Ahsoka's annoyance factor.

9/10

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    10/10, really enjoyed this one.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I originally gave this a 4/10 but I'm bumping it to a 6. I think it's worth adding a couple more points just due to the discussion and debate it's sparked lately.

I think it took Ahsoka way out of character; the only aspect of her that was in character was her being annoying. And I just generally didn't enjoy it as much as the last episode.

I really enjoyed Anakin here, other than the whole "Revenge isn't the Jedi way." Oh hell, I enjoyed that too, given that I laughed my ass off.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I actually think she's become a lot less annoying over the last two seasons. Forced maturity is forced but at least she isn't a cocky bitch like in the Citadel arc.

Mia Mesharad and Valairy Scot like this.
  22. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    10. One of the best. Didn't mind The Fugitive homage. Great animation. Awesome Imperial feel to the facility.

23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This was a fantastic episode and an equally fantastic continuation of this story arc. I really like how the story moved along with Ahsoka being framed, supposedly by the real villain behind the temple bombing in the previous episode. There was lots of great character moments, some very nice dialogue as well and that second half with the chase after Ahsoka was just great; the tension and the mood with the rain and all helped it a lot & that last scene with Anakin confronting her before she decides to jump out of the pipe to get away was really quite dramatic. The bit where Letta was being force choked and Ahsoka was caught on the security camera having her arms outstretched towards her felt a bit convenient for the plot, but other than that I didn't really find any flaws so I was incredibly impressed with this one. Overall, an epic episode.

10/10

24. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Hold on a minute here. Can you explain this point right here? Snips being out of character, how so?

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    +1 Best chase scene in TCW ever. Period.
    11/10