main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Biggest Peeve of TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Darth Maul returns for me. What's yours?

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    ^^^^^ Yep.

I raged about that one for awhile but I'm over it now.

3. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Murder of Pong Krell.

They claim they made Savage and brought back Maul all because it was a mistake to kill him off, but then they go and do the same to Krell, this shows most insanely cool original character?

And no, I don't like Krell because he weilds two saber staffs; in fact I wish he hadn't. But his character, the cool voice of reflection with hints of insanity underneath...the way he views clones as insects unworthy of his attention...

It was great. But then they had him go stupid at the end and start mocking and gloating like he was an internet troll, and then got shot in the back in an incredibly anti climatic way.

He needs to be brought back. The Dark Side did it and whatever. But I want Krell back and I want him to cut a bloody swathe through the entire galaxy.

CT-867-5309 and AvadaKenobi like this.
  4. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Th anagonist of this arc being Barris

5. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Killing off Lux's mother and then taking the easy way out by saying "LOL, those meanie, evil Sepratists did it!" It'd have been braver to have actually been a real Republic retaliation.

6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Not enough Padme/Anakin relationship stuff... more Cad Bane is always better. Also the formatting of episodes is wonky sometimes, for example we get four episode arcs which could have been told in three episodes (the recent droid arc). But then we get three episode arcs which feel rushed and in reality should have been expanded to four episodes.

Yancy

7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    My biggest peeve with TCW is that there isn't enough of it.

8. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I still think the Republic was behind it. Dooku never really said, just that he couldn't remember. He is old and senile after all.;)

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We had a thread like this on the temp boards. I don't think it was ever recreated so I'll let this stay open.

My biggest pet peeve with TCW is how long it takes to get follow up on things that happen in episodes and sometimes it never comes.

10. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Fillers too.

11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Shouldn't this thread be merged with the Pessimism Thread?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    All the missed opportunities and wrong turns. This show is not unlike Anakin himself: Unlimited potential thwarted by boneheaded decisions.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    No, I'm not merging it. I believe this is a good topic for separate discussion and we had both a thread like this on the temp board as I said. If this get out of hand however, you guys know the drill.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Obi-Wan and Grievous fighting a lot,
    Anakin and Dooku fighting all the time,
    I was annoyed about Maul coming back but will keep an open mind

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Not enough Anakin Arcs, only focusing on him
    Not enough Fives

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    There was an episode known as "Secret Weapons"...

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Too many arcs focusing on Anakin and Obi-Wan 1 arc a season tops with mentions in the rest only

Hank Hill likes this.
  18. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    The running animations, they look extremely awkward.

Mr. Atom Bomb and Darth Ibonek like this.
  19. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Believable Running cycles are difficult to do, because you have to first animate the character and than tweek his speed to the surrounding. I think the whole animation is done without backround. Otherwise it would crush their Computers. They using fake backgrounds like lowpoly shapes to give a walkpath. Later in the final renderin they put together the background and the animated character for the single frames.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  20. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    My biggest petpeves

-KILLING OFF SAVAGE OPRESS

-Season 5 is only 20 episodes instead of 22
    -TCW is only 22 minutes not 44 minutes or 1 hour
    -It's only once a week
    -4 part arcs in season 5 were too long in some places and too short in other places. Onderon should have been 2-3 eps, younglings should have been 1-2 eps, droid should have been 1-2 eps, there should have been more maul/savage/mandalorian episodes like 5-7 episodes. then add in the clovis arc. and the current arc thats 16-21 episodes total and fill in the rest with other stories

07jonesj likes this.
  21. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Easily the D-squad arc, I just don't know how they let that be created. A single episode I could understand, but a 4-part arc? What were they thinking?

CaptainRex115 said he disliked TCW being in a 22-minute format, and I agree. Especially now that they're mainly doing 4-episode arcs. I'd rather 11 45-minute episodes than 22 22-minute episodes. The episodes would likely be better paced with that format too.

22. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012

07jonesj likes this.
  23. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    Any episode that features the Gungans or jar jar binks. Droids based episodes are also boring.

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I love the Younglings arc. A great cast of original Jedi. A look at a Jedi ritual/trial. Yoda overseeing the Gathering. Hu-Yang is voiced by David Tennant! Hondo back to his antagonistic ways, then a drunk, then a hero again. Grievous being a badass! Grievous getting the revenge on Hondo promised all the way back in Season 1! Slave I! Tense Ahsoka/Grievous lightsaber duel. The Katooni/Hondo relationship was also wonderful.

With the D-squad arc, I just didn't find Gascon or WAC funny. At. All. It was aimed at what I can assume is a 4-year old target audience. R2-D2 and 3PO are pretty damn hilarious for me, but every single piece of dialogue that came out of Gascon or WAC's mouth caused me a sliver of physical pain. The only redeeming episode of that arc was "Missing in Action", as it involved Gregor.

25. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Yes 45 minutes would be awesome! However I was thinking more like 22 45 minute episodes not 11 ;)

07jonesj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.