main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Examiner.com Reports Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher returning as Luke and Leia in 'Star Wars VII'

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by gambit420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah and we can kinda summarize what happened before we first meet them through everybodys favorite "Rogue yellow paragraphs flying through space"

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Say what??? :confused: Seriously?????

If the 'ST ruin(s) their once perfect image in the saga as well' (shades of 'GL raped my childhood' here) then such 'fans' have far more issues than a VCR and the OT on VHS can fix*...

*Yes, I own a few copies of the original OT - I pick them up in thrift stores when I find them because while I dearly love my DVD's, and will soon splurge on the BR, I like the idea of having 'first editions' in my personal collection.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Well that does require a lot of effort to explain, 30 years is not short time, and without knowing all the big events(the Thrawn Trilogy, Dark Empire, the Vong War) you won't understand what really happened and how did it shape their life.

Actually the PT cast is all in good shape and most of them have further achievements over their career, I do want to see them reunite.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't need to know to appreciate the changes I see. Their performances alone will be enough to express the struggles they've gone through. That's enough for me.

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    They skip about 19 years from 'Sith' to 'ANH', and no one worries too much - as for the 'between years' and all of that 'EU stuff' - there's a huge discussion in a pinned thread about how it just might all go out the window - but we have NO CLUE as to how long post Jedi (with the RUMORED casting of the OT cast, it's a safe bet that it's more than a year or two but no exact dates....) so right now, it's all academic rambling anyway.

6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I just want to assume the galaxy was all in peace and happiness and singing kumbaya with ewoks till our new villain arrives and F's **** up.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Because to the big 3, especially Luke there is little happened from 19BBY-0BBY, but if they still play important role in ST, we have to know those big crisis to understand their change, and their family members like Ben Skywalker, Mara Jade, Jaina Solo and a bunch more.

Dark Empire is bad(however it's linked to many EU), but I don't think it's wise to throw out Thrawn Trilogy.

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    IF any of those ancillary characters even exist in the ST - they may very well not. Luke may just be a Ben Kenobi type character - just some crazy old hermit living on the edge of the Galaxy...

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not talking about the major galactic events in between the movies. I'm talking about how they changed as people. They're not 20 or 30-somethings anymore, they've been married (presumably anyway), they've had children, perhaps grandkids, etc. These things can change a person. That is the type of personal growth I'm looking forward to seeing.

Pro Scoundrel and DarthBreezy like this.
  10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    What have I missed? What are her current struggles? {Genuine question}

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Cheers for that.

My two cents - she'll be fine. This is nothing. The key word here; allegedly.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Again with the "inevitable." You sure seem awfully fond of making sweeping statements on behalf of everybody else, and I just don't get it. I mean, just how on earth is it "inevitable" that anything is "gunna be ruined"? And the OT images will "obviously be damaged"? Are you serious?

I don't have any idea whatsoever how seeing people older and "not the same" is sad thing, either, but for you, that may very be true. I certainly hope that it isn't that way for you, though and that seeing these characters will be a large part of a thrilll-ride filled movie-going experience for you (just please, if you wouldn't mind easing up on the speaking for eveyone thing). [:D]

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Damaged a bit. Probably not from the big boy fans but I already know some people who are a bit depressed cause he's not hte same. *mostly my sister. Can somebody please give me a way to get her to stop crying! Its annoying! She keeps demanding I answer all these questions and promise her they won't die and I can't do that for her! Kids these days*. I'm personally fine with how they look, its just that maybe some of the younger viewers will be all "Wait...THATS Luke Skywalker?"

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I suppose that there's no pleasing everyone (and good luck trying to figure out what the kids want beyond action and pretty faces), but I honestly don't think the sky is gonna start falling when 'Old Master Luke' appears. :D

16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Old Master Luke is pretty much expected. Its just the idea of him being the Lead Hero that I think is highly unlikely. I'm fine with almost anything else but the idea of the OT3 being the lead stars *no new cast no whatever* is just unlikely.

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh it will, though - when 'oldschool' fan girls like myself start screaming in fangasm, we're going to bring the house down!!! :p

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Fact. Fact ;)

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm sure I'm going to scream like a fangirl. :)

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Can fan boys scream in fangasm too when 'Old Master Luke' appears? :p

EDIT: Pro Scoundrel beat me to it. :mad:

21. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    ;) there wont be a dry eye in the place when they kill these characters off lol

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I can see if any of the OT characters die the reaction here will be this:
    Step 1: Denial. "There's no way he can be dead. Look at this single screenshot I found that proves he is alive! No way will Disney kill off a OT character. They're obviously faking their death"
    Step 2: Anger. "RAAAH DISNEY RAPED MY CHILDHOOD! HOW DARE THEY KILL HIM OFF! This is the worst thing ever! Now I'm stuck with these new characters!
    Step 3: Bargaining. "Sign this petition to bring back this character"
    Step 4: Depression. "I can't believe they're gone. This is just soo sad"
    Step 5: Acceptance. "Well at least they'll be a force ghost so technically they are not gone"?
    ;)

23. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Let's hope it's true!

24. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Luke Skywalker dying on screen is going to create a major disturbance in the force lol