main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.18 - The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, makes me think of Christmas Vacation when the uncle dude farts and the Christmas Tree catches fire.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Ok I took a look and it's dumb, even modern cells of important prisoners have sound recording, especially during interrogation. All they have to do is take out the recording and see what were they saying and no misunderstanding would be caused.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

If Anakin can go to the Dark Side and murder all his former best friends then Barriss betraying Ahsoka is not that hard to believe.
    Anybody claiming that it is NOT Barriss is wrong.

IT IS THE AWESOME BARRISS! ;)

PS: Thanks to the latest episode we know that it is an evil lady that is as tall as Ahsoka AKA BARRISS!

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm glad you're so thrilled that TCW team have decided to take a Jedi pacifist and make her bomb a sacred Temple. Character development? Nah, we don't need that. We just need awesome, right? Good writing is overrated, anyway.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Good writing is overrated in this show at time. Like...hmmm... That is why there was none in the Maul episodes... :D

Are you shocked!? Seriously!??!!?!?!?

After 5 seasons and, especially, the turning of the Mandos into pacifists... are you really shocked that a jedi pacifist is made into a killer?!

I personally I love the idea of a good student going bad. I do not see the problem.
    It is far less stupid or idiotic than the way Maul was done in this show.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Didn't you say you weren't posting here any more? :p

Tarkin said the audio was missing, implying that Ahsoka had tampered with it.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The image didn't show it, and why would the audio suddenly went broken during interrogation? That's what the Jedi could use to question him. Plus they should ask for the the surveillance camera recording when those clones were beaten and Ahsoka was escaping.

8. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    The image didn't show audio, no. That's not really how pictures work.

The question you raise was raised by Tarkin as evidence for Ahsoka's guilt.

The Jedi are in no position to question Admiral Tarkin, since this has become a military matter.

They may be in a position to request the camera evidence, but having watched the episode, it seems unlikely that the footage exists since Ahsoka is being set up in an elaborate plot. Remember the Jedi are themselves under suspicion.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I love the hypocrisy of Ahsoka's statement. "If she's guilty, she's guilty, and she must be dealt with!"

Correct Ahsoka. Now what makes you qualified to pass the sentence exactly? Tarkin was right, it was a military matter, and with how tied to the Senate the Order is, having Republic intelligence conduct their own investigation is wholly justified.

Also, Ahsoka, if you want to be useful, don't go waving your arms around, just grab the bloody woman and pull her down. Tarkin however, is pure gold in this episode. Why would you write a character to poke holes in all of your writer's logic? Because its Tarkin. He just shoots down anything you might have a question about.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's quite weird, why would there be no audio recording during an interrogation? They should check the audio device to see how was it jammed and this could prove something.

The Jedi could ask other military leaders(those who later became the Grand Admirals of the Empire), especially those who dislike Tarkin to do them a favor, since there surely are people who wants to see Tarkin fall.

11. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I will admit, I did like the A New Hope reference with the Clone squad running through the hallways. "We think they may be splitting up, they may be on levels five and six now, sir"

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes and one has to wonder whether the irony of her situation is lost on her now that so many view her as the guilty party. I guess the Force really does work in mysterious ways, doesn't it, "Little 'soka"?

13. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    If that was a reference to The Fugitive at the end, does that make Anakin Tommy Lee Jones?

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol yeah because Anakin wasn't set up as having a major dark side to him. He wasn't some crazy obsessed stalker in AOTC and he didn't slaughter Tusken Raiders.

He wasn't trying to stop his wife's death and he didn't put himself in a perceived "point of no return" position after he disarmed Mace.

Oh wait, all that stuff happened.

lol you don't even have a single reason or explanation. Why did you even bother to respond?

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I did have my reason and respond. YOU just did not bother to read it. Anybody in SW can go bad...

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Here's the issue with Barriss going bad:

Why the hell would she?

Disgruntled with the war? OK. She isn't the only one, and being disgruntled with the war does not lead to bombing the Jedi Temple with one's friends inside. Even Dooku's disgust with the ineptitude of the Jedi and the Republic did not lead to his immediately becoming a Sith. He left the Order and Sidious got hold of him, leading him to believe that they could end corruption.

I could see Barriss's disgruntled attitude leading her to leave the Order and get corrupted by Sidious but it hasn't happened. We've seen nothing with Barriss other than her being Ahsoka's friend and Luminara's obedient little Padawan. With Anakin we had seeds planted all the way back into TPM that he could easily be persuaded to go dark; his feeling out of place in the Order plus his anger issues made him ripe for Sidious' picking. There is none of that with Barriss.

It's like trying to imagine Obi-Wan Kenobi going to the Dark Side. Sure, technically it could happen. But a writer would have to tell me one hell of a story behind him turning to make it believable. We have no such story with Barriss and the writers only have 22 minutes left.

17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Oh, right, your reason was "because it's awesome". Good one.

Yes, anybody in SW can go bad, but a reason would be nice.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's not like General Krell had a reason. He pretty much turned bad for the lulz. Vision my ass.

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, vision aside, there were many complaints about Krell's turn, even though it was set up by three full episodes of Krell treating clones as poorly as possible, so it's not like Krell was ever a good guy.

Barriss, on the other hand, seemed lawful good. Pure good, even.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    At least they set it up within the arc to make some sense. She had shifty eyes and a lot of focus on her in TJWKTM. Is that still out of left field? Yeah, a bit, but not entirely. It's probably safe to assume her EU characterization is being completely disregarded, and they're only doing a progression of her character from the Geonosis arc.

It feels strange to say this, but I have faith things will make some more sense by next week's episode.

21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    How is this at all a progression from the character we saw in the Geonosis arc?

What reason would she have to do this? On top of a reason, how does it lead to "bomb the Temple"?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Jus' saying, it's been 1.5-2 years IU, plenty of time for her character to go through a significant change. It would be nice to see some explanation for this, which is what I'm hoping for. But even if it's poorly explained or not explained at all, I can shrug it off. War is hell, they say.

It's still kinda random, but even randomness can be justified with a little effort.

Seerow likes this.
  23. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Seriously, watch the episode. Every question you ask is answered explicitly.

There is audio during the interrogation, the fact that it's missing is suspicious. That suspicion is being placed on Ahsoka. Get it?

The Jedi could ask all sorts of people all sorts of things if they were privy to the same knowledge of the story (and foreknowledge of future events) as the viewers, but they're not.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    One thing I forget to mention really digging about this episode was a cool nod to Ep. IV. There's a scene where you just see a group of clones running down a corridor, taking a turn down another, and continuing to run. When I first saw the episode, I was thinking at that exact moment about how awesome it would be for them to imitate Obi-Wan walking around the Death Star in Ep. IV with Ahsoka, and then instead of just walking out from behind them, she pops out of the ceiling. Very nicely done, TCW.