main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Is Carrie ready to come back?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Agree, she will not be asked to carry the movie. She will be fine.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm not too worried for Carrie since I doubt she'll have a major role. Just let her be all crazy supporting and I'll be happy. *because dammit we need crazy Carrie*

3. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Ms Fisher and the rest of the gang will be just fine.

This thread is lacking in pics like these:

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Those were the days.

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Carrie's acting will be fine. What is not as certain is how Leai will be written into the ST

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

eDisc likes this.
  6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Now that truly is the question. Here its been pretty much "Is she a jedi or is she just a senator/whatever political role". Ooh the questions that we might not ever get answers to *till 2015 that is*

Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm hoping for both. Would be a very nice parallel to Palpatine if she was Chancellor (or whatever they call the Head of State.) It seems too good to pass up and could cause all sorts of conflict if they find out Darth Vader is her father (if that's not common knowledge which I really don't think it would be.)

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    What I think they might do is not fully confirm it till episode 8. Maybe in episode 7 give little subtle hints that she might be a jedi *like references something or whatever. Something to make the fans talk* and then have a reveal later *like maybe she admits she is and trains her daughter/son or does something with the force*

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I would certainly be okay with that. Perhaps a totally epic bad*** Yoda-like reveal ala AOTC. ^:)^

10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Ok maybe not yoda like *dont want her jumping around* but maybe something like "our hero is in trouble and about to be killed so she gets in front of him and uses a force push/whatever to save them". Audiences get happy and fanboys cheer. I also kinda hope Star Wars starts doing what Marvel does with "easter eggs" (minor little hints/nudges to fans that aren't supposed to be taken seriously but are just nods to fans. Like the doctor strange reference in Spider Man 2. SW references *specifically from the EU* could definitly please fansboys and have us go on little "easter egg hunts". Not like "In your face" references but subtle things that only fans will recognise. Ohh the possibilities! :D)

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh yeah I wasn't advocating she start jumping around like Yoda because I agree that would look silly. Just the way they had Yoda pull out his lightsaber and ignite always gives me a thrill. Perhaps some baddies think they can take the old chancellor on and they bite off more than they can chew!

12. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Haha that would be fun to watch *for some reason I see her being more of a force user but thats just me*. I can also see her pulling a "Ripley/Molly Weasley". Aka somebody threatens her child so she goes all:

*I remember that scene got a round of applause when I saw it. I kinda expect the same from Leia's scene*
    IDKY but I just kinda see the Skywalkers as being the most overprotective parents in the entire galaxy.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You had the same experience I had in the theater during that scene. Saw it on opening night (big Harry Potter fan) and the theater erupted when she said her line and took on Bellatrix (I was one of them!) A scene like that would totally work for Carrie! Yes please!!!

DarthBreezy and Darth Claire like this.
  14. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    For the record, I am a huge fan of Carrie. I love the way she carved out a career for herself as a writer. I love her intelligence, humor and her outspokenness. Having said that, when I saw the recent clip of Carrie on Craig Ferguson, I thought she seemed a little spastic and "off." So now with this new information, I'm a little concerned. Hopefully it's nothing. I know very little about manic-depression, but certainly it could be related to that. Maybe stress is affecting her, too.

As others have said, as long as her role in the new film is not too large or demanding (which I don't think it will be) she should be fine. Even if she's spastic on set, getting a good performance out of her will be Abrams' headache, not ours.

I would really hate for Han to be a widower in the new film. =((

Darth Claire likes this.
  15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Totally. I'd be full supportive of a scene like that. *and yes I cheered too. I also got teary eyed when Harry was talking to Dumbledore in the ghost train station. Wouldn't mind a sad scene like that in the ST trilogy either. Like the main hero is dying and sees force ghost Luke who tells him/her that he has to survive cause the universe still needs saving. Something to make us cry!*

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That scene was one of my favorites (also the scene just before it is quite powerful and wonderfully shot IMO) and a scene like that with Luke and his offspring would probably have me in tears also. :_|I've always wondered what exactly the netherworld of the Force is and to see Luke joining Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin at the end of the saga is probably my greatest wish.

Darth Claire likes this.
  17. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I want to cry more in the ST *and since this is Arndt we might get that*. And yes I do wonder what the afterlife of the force is like. Soo many questions *that JJ will probably never answer. Its all an island at a church ;)*

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes soo many questions. I wish I could be put into carbonite and thawed a few weeks before the release. The wait is killing me and JJ will probably try his best to make the wait even more agonizing! :p

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Thats just what he does. He likes to watch us suffer. He's Darth Secrecy.

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Oh please of please!! Make me cry!!

21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes I need tears and moments that I can turn into beautiful angst fan fiction because I need reasons to read more Star Wars fan fiction! :_|

22. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Considering that Arndt is writing this, and that at least one of the Big Three characters will likely buy the farm before the film is over (perhaps even two main characters will die) I think tears are almost a guarantee. Children watching their parents die, and/or scenes of parents having to "let go" of their children so they can grow up and come into their own destinies. Not to mention the husband-wife, brother-sister, or friendship bonds that might be broken. Lots of opportunities for Arndt to pull at our heartstrings. And he is skilled enough to really hit it out of the park if he wants to.

There should be tears aplenty.

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah and combining Arndt and JJ "Makes you cry in the first 10 minutes of Star Trek" Abrams. If all goes well, there will be water works. :D.....or should I say :(

24. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    hopefully they cast charlie sheen too and then, at the end of the movie, when they blow up another death star, charlie and carrie can both look right into the camera and say "WINNING!!!" whilst winking and giving a triumphant thumbs-up.

25. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Exactly! Episode 7 should has the potential for some powerful scenes and major water works. And that's aside from our nerd tears of happiness at seeing these characters again.

And for the record, I really love that scene of Harry in the train station as well. But my favorite scene, the one that makes me cry every time, is this:

Dumbledore: Lily...after all this time?
    Snape: Always.

:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.