main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm also looking forward to seeing Ventress again. Seems she only pops up in finales now, eh?

I want to see where her character development goes from here. She's more on the side of "good" than ever before. At the very least, she's an anti-hero.

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    "Your assassin - eliminate her from your payroll. I have... other plans for her. [face_mischief]"

*ahem*

On Ventress: will the coming arc be the end for the hairless harpy? Click at your own risk of being spoiled.

Ventress forms an alliance with Ahsoka, it seems. Episode 5x20 might contain her fate, but LFA and CN wisely avoided giving this information away to the TV guides.

serendipityaey likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anti-heroes rule! I think she could make a cool secret mentor for Ashoka.

4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Hey - Ventress might be a better mentor for Ahsoka than Anakin is!

Seerow and Bliss000 like this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL. I dunno, Ventress might turn Ahsoka into Daria.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Okay, this popped into my head a while ago , had me wondering which do you like better Asajj Ventress as a Sith or a Bounty Hunter

I, for one will go with Bounty Hunter, I find that it makes her a better character

Which do you choose?

7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, while I think the bounty hunter career makes her more sympathetic and relatable, she did some awesome things as a Sith that made me watch TCW in the first place, so it's both for me.

8. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I guess I'll have to see after this episode...

Bo-Katan likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    JackG likes this.
  10. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Ventress will get back in touch with Talzin, who will tell her she needs to become more powerful to destroy her many enemies. Ventress will say who will teach me this power? Talzin will say..."Your sister, Mighella." Ventress will be like, "I have a sister?" Talzin will say yes, she is in the Outer Rim. She was cut into half but survived due to the Dark Side and Hatred and Revenge. Free her, restore her, and she will teach you the sekrit of Sith Lightning.

Then you can take over the galaxy and live happily ever after.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What in the actual **** happened to Ventress in this episode???

She should have told Ahsoka to take her "bargain" and shove it up her orange ass. Since when does Ventress care about being pardoned by the Jedi or the Senate? And if she did, why the hell would she believe Ahsoka could get it for her?

"I'm on the run for a crime I didn't commit and I've got Jedi and clones after me, but if you work with me, I'll make sure they pardon you for your crimes...after I stop running from them myself that is."

Really? I know there's a brain under that tattooed skull, why isn't she using it?

And her getting knocked out that easily by the Cloaked Menace was just wrong, especially after the number of times that she has fought Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time and escaped.

The only excuse here is that the plot demands it for some reason. I'm disappointed.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It seems every episode with Ventress is bound to be good.

"ARC Trooopers", "Nightsisters", "Witches of the Mist", "Cloak of Darkness", "The Hidden Enemy", "Massacre", "Bounty", "Revenge", and now "To Catch a Jedi."

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm fine with her being an anti-hero or somehow good. A brainless ****ing wuss is not Ventress though.

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  14. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm pretty sure she fought Anakin and Obi-Wan once while they were holding back. Also, she wasn't herself then.

15. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to agree... her being knocked out that easily was a bit of a disappointment, though I'm more upset with why she decided to work with Ahsoka at all. It seems so random, but I'm hoping that whatever payoff we see next week might make up for her acting a tad out-of-character in that moment.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't know, but I think her character really sucks, now. They should have just killed her off, because now there's way too many of these bounty hunters.

17. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm wondering if she's going to take the fall for the bombing, be executed and have the story left as a cliff hanger for S6 (would be EXTREMELY disappointing if Barriss was the guilty party and we had to wait the break only to find that out).

If Anakin confronts Asajj and wants to do the right thing by taking her custody and making her stand trial... Well... Who is in charge of the courts? The guy that ordered her killed by Dooku in the first place.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So she's pretty much screwed either way.

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I think so. I figured she'd die in this arc. I don't know where else her character can really go, and if she were to truly be redeemed, then it starts poking holes in Yoda's belief that the Dark Side will forever dominate one's destiny. She can try to do the right thing in this arc and then die tragically if nobody believes her and doesn't believe Ahsoka when she speaks up for Asajj.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ya think Anakin is gonna kill Ventress?

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Maybe. Though I think that even if he takes her captive, she's in trouble once she's taken to court. Palpatine wants her dead.

Asajj almost certainly doesn't know Palpatine is Sidious, but I figure she knows that there is a Sidious that is manipulating the senate. I wonder if she'll bring that up if Anakin tries to apprehend her, remarking that it would be a death sentence. Probably not.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yes, that was my expectation from the very beginning of this arc. In a season tentatively given the title, "Who will Fall?" it makes sense to me that someone is going to die in the finale. Out of Asajj and Ahsoka, I'm thinking Asajj is much more likely.

24. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    That poster was misleading as not everyone died. Hondo, Maul and Embo are still alive. Ahsoka, Asajj and Rex could still die though I hope it's not Ahsoka.

25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    It could be something where both Ahsoka and Asajj are captured, they are able to clear their names of their involvement in the bombing, everyone celebrates. But then Asajj is all of a sudden hit with charges for all of her other crimes and executed despite Ahsoka's objections. With Anakin siding with the Republic and against Ahsoka on the matter.

I would still think something big has to happen, and that someone will die to give some weight to that event. Otherwise this arc could just come across as weak in Maul's wake, at which point they should have just made last arc the finale.