main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Time travelling?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Braxus, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3wBKrRV6tVw&desktop_uri=/watch?v=3wBKrRV6tVw&gl=SE

Just close your eyes and picture the Skywalkers watching the binary suns.

2. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Yes, I wondered when SuperShadow would return LOL. Seriously, these sources are either wrong/false or we are in for a horrible sequel trilogy.

Time Travel! I would get up and leave the theatre, without hesitation.

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I met JJ the other day while waiting in line at the grocery store. We started chatting about this and that and after a while, he let it slip that Heath Ledger will make an appearance as Skeletor in EpVII.

Too soon?

- How could you even SAY that?
    - I feel terrible.

/LM

4. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    a little... poor skeletor...

5. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    A new time travel version of star wars will be released. Force ghost Anakin goes back in time to the Death Star in ROTJ to slap Darth Vader's mouth shut, thus preventing him from screaming "NooooOOoooOoo". Needless to say, a dying Luke, a lightning trigger happy Palpatine, and even the two red guys in the back all let out a sigh of relief.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    This is a star wars film forum, not the military. Get a grip.

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    ...As you were, gentlemen.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  8. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    No time-travel plotlines in SW, please. Been there, done that. So to speak.

9. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    This is a serious thread, and you're going off topic. I was only referring to me being a senior member on these forums, and therefore worthy of some respect. Peace!

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is the furthest thing from a serious thread. And while I respect everyone on these boards (veteran or newbie) that won't stop me from expressing my opinion when I see ridiculous threads like this one.

TreborSabreon and Sith_Knight087 like this.
  11. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    You're entitled to your opinion. Peace!

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Since when has this been about registration dates? We're not in the first grade.

As for my response to this thread, I don't think time travel fits in Star Wars. I know they tried it in the EU (or a form of it, anyway) with flow-walking and that didn't go over very well.

13. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Respect is something you earn by being worthy of it, not by being old.

Time travelling is extremely unlikely to happen, since they still follow GL's rules regarding what's possible and what's not possible. AFAIK, his version of the GFFA does not contain the possibility of any sort of time manipulation.
    One thing that might be possible, though, is flashbacks. This third trilogy might be intended as the closing trilogy of the Saga and if that's the case, we'll likely be in for some reflections on the past. ROTS expanded on the narrative style of Star Wars and I wouldn't be all that surprised to see this trilogy do the same.

- Artoo? What are you doing here?
    - Ah, repairs. I was hoping you could help me out.

/LM

14. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    True, and as you see I try to calmly respond some of the people who posted childish messages in this thread.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  15. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    My sources (which are intellect and reason) tell me your 'sources' are wrong. Actually, they tell me that you're full of it, but that's neither here nor there.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Meh, at first I thought it was one of those people who really suggest whacked-out theories, fully believing themselves what they're saying.

Now I think the guy's just having some fun at our expense :p

stormcloud8 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Is this really how you think?

18. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.

No, but the truth is I don't really get why everybody freaks out and says I'm full of it and stuff like that. According to my sources EpVII will be close to ROTJ in timeline. By pure reason, it's therefore higly unlikely the original cast will portrait the same characters. That's why I suggested time travel as a solution to this problem. Ok, so people didn't like that idea, but for me it's much more provocative if the characters of Luke, Han and Leia would be CGI.

19. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Just don't suggest time-traveling on a Star Wars forum.

20. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    yeah, cuz that'd be totally weird and that's what the thread is about

21. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Braxus I am a working journalist and editor who makes money by being credible in reporting facts. (not very **** much money, but that is a different story,) It is my advice to you that all you have to do is indicate what your real life name is and then name at least one of your on the record sources so that your story can be double checked by any reader, should they choose to do so. Until then, what I assume you are doing is either repeating or making up a rumor.

...and btw, if you have actual sources that give you data of this depth, why aren't you capitalizing on it by selling the story instead of just wasting it for free on the JC forums?

22. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    1. Wether I speak the truth or make things up doesn't matter. If you were a journalist, you would know it's not only common sense, but also an editorial principle to protect your sources. At least where I come from.
    2. I'm not in this business for the money. I like Star Wars and want to talk to fellow fans. I come in peace.

23. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    There is so much wrong with your movieized misconception about how sources become protected it gives me the facepalms. And congratulations for giving me the unique experienced of being lectured to about journalistic ethics by a person who, literally, one sentence earlier indicated that it doesn't matter if they are telling the truth.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  24. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    You should write the story! Can't wait to see time traveling and Mace Windu is none other than C-3PO.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's not your suggestion of time travel that bothers me, OP. It is your claim to have sources when you clearly don't. It has been all but confirmed that Hamill, Fisher and Ford are in talks to return as older versions of their characters in Episode VII and that their children will most likely be the focus of the trilogy. I realize that you are obviously trolling but in other posts you seem to want to be taken serious. Forgive me if I find that quite annoying.

KilroyMcFadden and TreborSabreon like this.