main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Is Carrie ready to come back?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    DONT REMIND ME OF THAT SCENE!!!!!! :_|
    Oh god any scene like this in the ST would be legit the saddest thing ever and I would cry. I dont know how *maybe villain backstory*

*cries*

2. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    LOL, thanks for the link.

Well the only thing I can think of is an idea that occurred to me because of this thread. Suppose Carrie is not in the new film and Leia has died before the start of Episode 7? Han is a lonely widower, and while he loves Luke, he is secretly very jealous because Luke can still talk to Leia through the force, while he cannot. Han has always hated all that force mumbo-jumbo and he is too proud to ask Luke for help, but now the force is the only thing that can possibly link Han and his family to Leia again. Finally, Luke finds a way to let Han have a moment with Leia again by acting as some kind of force-conduit (think of that final scene with Whoopi in Ghost). Then near the end of the film, Han dies in some kind of self-sacrifice but he is almost happy to die because he'll finally get to be with Leia again.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That whole scene is so emotional and when he goes into the house and finds her... :( I don't know if I could take a scene like that with Han and Leia. :_|

Padme501st likes this.
  4. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah and throw in their now heavily emotionally scared child in there and you got yourself a sob fest. *I can also see maybe that event being a motive for the kid becoming a jedi. Avenge your mom*

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Ok, I know what you mean, but let's not fridge Leia, please. If kid Solo is going to avenge their mom, okay. But let Leia die on her feet (figuratively speaking), and not just die for another character's reasons.

J_Girl and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    P
    I was just saying IF they did a scene like that. I don't want them to actually kill her that way.

Darth Chiznuk and LawJedi like this.
  7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
  8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh **** O.O

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I just hope she's okay. I would love to see her in Episode VII because she deserves it but her health is so much more important.

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Cant see her returning now.

A good plot line would be that she's died, Han is washed up and drinking his worries away, probably hasn't seen his kids - until Luke finds him and tells him that he's needed to help save the galaxy...again!

12. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I'm starting to think she won't return. I don't think thrusting her back into a MAJOR *most likely* high stress movie/role will be a good idea if she's currently not in a healthy state. I'd understand if she can't return and I think most fans will too.

13. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Carrie is tough and has been through much worse as she has told us all over the years.She has made it public over the years that she actively pursues treatment for her bipolar issues. I'm sure we all wish the Force to be with her. Here's wishing her the best of health and hugs. [:D]

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I wouldn't write off Carrie that easily - she had a set back, she's getting treatment and rest, and its not like she'd be putting in 18 hour days swinging across gantries...

15. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I'd love to see Carrie back [​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk and J_Girl like this.
  16. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I've been worried about Carrie in the back of my mind for some time. I hope none of this interferes with her performance in Ep. 7

She's always been known as a bit of a loon, but she's our lovable loon!!!

17. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    Surely she's just too fat to play Leia?

it would really disappoint me if she did

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That's an incredible cruel and ignorant thing to say.

J_Girl, DarthBreezy and yodasbum like this.
  19. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Shooting is a good way off still, but regardless she has to take care of herself first. But she is tough.

20. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i doubt this is significant enough to affect her involvement in the film, especially given that filming won't begin until summer or later. carrie's been through far worse than this.

yodasbum likes this.
  21. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    yes it was probably a bit "cruel"
    i'm just being honest though

and how is it "ignorant"
    Do you know what ignorant means?

22. HK-FittyCent

HK-FittyCent Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2013
    Hold on there, are you saying that her weight is the sole factor in whether or not she delivers a good performance? Just because Harrison's in his 70s, or Luke has been overweight at times, would you now say they are not viable to reprise their roles, or is it an issue of can Carrie pull off another skimpy outfit in her 50s?

Are you trying to provoke argument, or is this your legitimate opinion? I'd like to think her health is paramount to the fans, both on a personal level of wishing her well, and with a view to her giving a good performance if and when she appears in the new film. People have been joking (hopefully that's what it is) that they should make her into a twenty-something CGI monstrosity at age 56 - would that meet your expectations, or would you prefer solid writing, performance, and story?

J_Girl and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I tell you she's absolutely 100% ready
    [​IMG]

24. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  25. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    Yes, for me, that's why i said implied it was my opinion

Harriosn Ford would do a great job, i loved Indy 4, and he would still be a great Han. Not so sure about Mark Hamill but i'd still be confident of him playing a good older Luke. But in less Fisher loses a lot of weight (which i can't really see happening at her age) i am skeptical she could pull of a good Leia.

Of course it's my legitimate opinon? Why would i just say that. She should be trying to lose weight anyway.
    And i'm not saying overweight people shouldn't be in movies, but i would be disappointed if Episode 7 had an obese Leia . . . as i'm sure a lot of people would be lol
    It just doesn't fit her character

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.