main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if everything goes back to normal?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Since the Ahsoka Fugitive arc started, the general consensus has been that things will never be the same again for TCW. We're pretty much all under the assumption that Ahsoka will leave the Order and Anakin will find himself caught between the Jedi and the Senate. However, TCW has a history of hiting the "reset button" after even the most poignant arcs. After the events of Mortis, the Big Three went right back to fighting the war without another mention of the Ones. Another example is the Umbara arc. After all he went through, Rex hasn't shown a bit of change. He'a back fighting with Anakin and has seemingly put his questions regarding his role in the war aside.

My question is this: What if this arc ultimately doesn't change anything? What if Ahsoka is found to be innocent and goes back to being Anakin's cheeky Padawan? Will you feel cheated? Or will you just accept that TCW is episodic in nature and forget about this arc? Discuss!

07jonesj likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Worst possible situation - Barriss is revealed to be the villain and is arrested. Everything goes back to normal. Not only do we return to the status quo, we pointlessly destroy some EU in the process. Yeah!

3. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    JustanotherdayofTCW

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Disappointed but, yeah. Move along, move along.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I completely disagree with the notion Rex did not change after Umbara ended. Rex has been even more of an independent thinker since that arc ended in his appearances since. Others even seem to be aware of it as evidenced in his appearance in the Rako Hardeen arc. Rven in "The Jedi Who Knew To Much" Trc warned his fellow troopers she is armed and dangerous of his own accord to protect them (regardless of believing her or not, Rex can ask why?). The show really has not hit reset buttons sense season 3. The Rako Hardeen arc has also had a lasting impact on Anakin. Then we just came off the Maul arc which is absolutely irreversible having killed characters off and left Mandalore burning. Season 5 has picked made numerous continuity call backs.

I don't think TCW will hit the reset button now. This is the 5th season game changer that will move us into a new era when TCW next picks up.I think Ahsoka is going to leave the order and the show may actually retool itself after this as far as what it focuses on and the kind of stories we continue to get. If Ahsoka leaves and the show continues to follow her it opens up new possibilities and gets us away from stories always revolving around Anakin (granted that has not happened season 5). Ok, Ahsoka may or may not be found guilty but even if she stays with the Jedi her relationship with them and Anakin can never be the same. Anakin's trust in the Jedi council can never be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more characters die next episode.

QuangoFett and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    How is any of that a result of what he went through in Umbara?

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    You got any optimism pills to spare, Seerow? I could really use one. :(

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I have some other pills that could help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TaradosGon, fistofan1 and 07jonesj like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    In the Slave arc when Rex kills the slaver, no one tells him to do it. He makes that decision of his own accord. Rex lives his own words to think for himself. In the Rako Hardeen arc when we see Rex guarding Palpatine I think he was actually getting used for the reputation he gain in Umbara. Mace seemed unsure of if Rex could not or would not tell him where Anakin was. It really is not in Palpatine's best interest to come right out and use his obvious authority to undermine the Jedi yet, so he uses Rex to shield what he's done since Rex really would be capable of running interference for Anakin anyways.

Then in the last episode perhaps the best callback to Umbara so far. Rex came across those troopers who has been cut down and for him its a familiar situation. Now I think he was more in the middle on whether Ahsoka did or or not. But he does see there are some dead troopers and he takes it upon himself to warn his brothers she is armed and dangerous.Those are all products of Rex's experience on Umbara, IMO.

Even better with this Ahsoka arc is the mention of Krell. I imagine if the general population found out about what Krell's betrayal. He was an apparently well known general according to Fives. Folks would be really pissed off since he was pretty much tossing out those expensive clones that cause folks on Coruscant to not be able to take their hot showers and are driving the Republic into bankruptcy.. Krell is part of the cause of all the disgruntlement toward the Jedi.

I'm just not going to get pessimistic about a TV show or anything going on with a fictional universe. There are to many other things that go on in my life that require the pessimism.

QuangoFett likes this.
  10. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    It cant go back to normal. Even if Bariss is caught, Ahsoka had a traumatic adventure and in the future she will definatly change. I mean her best friend which she trusted tried to frame and kill her. Her own Master thought she was guilty. The jedi council, plo koon all of them realy thought she could do something like that.

Ahsoka is a person which trusts her friends and she will be surprised/shocked that her Jedi family does not even trust her.

I think Ahsoka is done with the order. At best she will remain and go to agricorp units. at worst she will leave and begin to live her own life.

Tarkin and Palpatine just use this situation to force the jedi to give him the nexus routes as adeal to spare ahsoka the death penalty.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Anakin believes Ahsoka is innocent, I don't know why people keep claiming he doesn't. Hell, even after finding Ahsoka next to the nanodroids, Anakin refuses to say Ahsoka is guilty, Plo has to suggest it.

And lol at the Nexus routes coming back up.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If you ask me. Anakin had a moment of doubt toward the end with stunned Ahsoka when he was thinking about seeing her with Ventress. However he seemed to shrug it off like he wanted to his his own head against a wall for even letting the idea leak into his brain.

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I agree. It was like he doubted her for a moment then came to the conclusion that Asajj must be behind all of this.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think that Ventress and/or Barriss will die in the final episode, so that's new. But Anakin and Ahsoka I expect will continue as if nothing has happened.
    Personally I think Ventress will get a noble self-sacrifice/redemption death but that's a theory for another thread....

TaradosGon and 07jonesj like this.
  15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Also known as: Exactly what will happen next week. The big shake up is Barriss' betrayal. No way she leaves or is expelled from the Order. Not even a chance she'll be reassigned at this rate. Status Quo is a near certainty.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Stop it! [face_frustrated]

You're crushing the remnants of my optimism here.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The weird thing about TCW is that 95% of the time, the characters never learn from their escapades in prior episodes.

That other 5% is when it's convenient for the plot. Then they suddenly remember everything.

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol it would be classic TCW, amirite? I mean, you kinda gotta laugh at that.

Esg and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  19. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    He does not believe it. He just wants her to be not punished. Ahsoka smells Anakins distrust from even a mile. She knows her Skyguy.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    What? Everything these past two episodes have shown have portrayed Anakin as believing Ahsoka to be innocent. Even after being found next to the Nanodroids, when Mace asks Anakin if events suggest she is guilty, Anakin refuses to answer and Plo Koon steps in.

Anakin would refuse to believe Ahsoka is guilty even if she was. His attachments are a big part of his story.

21. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Dave Fillioni has been talking about how big of a game changer this arc will be since celebration, and he spent most of the "internet Skype discussion thing" hyping it up as well, how this among other things would have a huge revelation on the same level as the return of Maul. If we dont get that, if everything is back to normal by the end of the episode, then Dave Fillioni has spent 6 months talking it up for nothing. I dont think that will be the case though, I think Ashoka will leave the order, and I allso think Ventress and Bariss will die.

KeltheDor likes this.
  22. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    Why Ahsoka is running than? Anakins look full of questions doubts, when noticing ventress with Ahsoka. Later he looked at her when she was unconcious like "Oh lord, my daughter uses drugs, what shall i do. What have i done wrong?!" :p

23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Because she thinks Anakin doesn't have the ability to exonerate her. They trust each other, but it's just not enough to get Ahsoka in the clear.

Jeez.

24. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    You realy say there is no doubt in Anakins Face?

Skywalker always brakes the rules if he wishes, its like Ahsoka said, if he realy wanted he easily could have made his way into her prison cell, by mindtricking the clones. But he did not do that. Maybe he was not sure if she did or not. In the elevator he mentions to Tarkin that she is still very young. nearly appologizing.

You would not talk about somebody you trust like that to an opportunist like tarkin.

He loves his student but he does not trust her. I dont think Anakin is trusting anyone.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Opinion noted.

Best to move on.

BlenderWars likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.