main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fleeting Moments (Skywalkers/Solos) Update 04/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Blackfish

Blackfish Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2012
    hahaha!!! I was working on something along these lines myself, but it didn't turn out like I planned. yours is funnier. I can so see this happening!

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. The word 'normal' will never describe a Skywalker. Great update.

3. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Brilliant line!:p I like looking at the Skywalkers in the 'normal' domestic sense like this. Nice!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    @Briannakin ain't that the truth. they are far from a normal family...but they do try have a bit of normalcy. :D
    @Blackfish you were...recently? wow...are you going to post it :)
    @mayo_durron_666 thanks...Luke frequently does walk it with her...sometimes he's smart about it...others he gets hard headed and won't drop it. I personally love normal settings like this. [face_love];):)
    @Hazel you think? But when your mom says open the door..and her name is Mara Jade...and she has a lightsaber and DEFINITELY knows how to use it...you open the blasted door! [face_laugh]

Title: Idle Hands are the Devil's Tools
    Notes: This one-shot was inspired by Fekkat's own story and general comments of Ben being mischievous as a child (as pointed out in the Joiner King).
    This also was a one-shot of its own..but I decided to put it in this thread instead. I probably will do this for others like it.
    His parents had always said how mischievous he was. Ben didn't have a clue what that meant, but he guessed it wasn't anything good. His father always sounded stressed when he listed off the things Ben had done that week that obviously upset him.

Which sounded a bit like what he was hearing now.

"Ben!" His father hollered in distress.

Eight-year-old Ben Skywalker ducked his head. I guess he found it… Young Ben mused. Not that he could help it….it had been sitting there. He couldn't
    resist the impulse to tinker with it.

"Ben Skywalker, come to the front room this instant!" His father demanded.

Ben sighed wearily and got up from his spot on his bed and cautiously made his way out of his room. He poked his head out and called out, "Yes, Dad?"

Luke Skywalker turned toward his child, a frown line creasing his forehead, his eyes narrowed, and his mouth twisted in disapproval. He was seated on the living room couch, eyes locked with his young son's. On the table in front of him, lay an assortment of circuitry, plating, cylinders, and one distinct green crystal. In other words, what was left of his father's lightsaber.

"Ben, come out here."

"All right..." The boy slunk into the room, remaining a good ten feet away from his father.

"Ben..." Luke sighed and picked up the crystal between his thumb and forefinger." Can you tell me what this is?"

Ben looked up quickly, gnawing at his lip. "Looks like a crystal."

"And where does this belong, Ben?"

Ben fidgeted at the overuse of his name.

"Ben?"

"In your lightsaber."

Luke sighed once more as he put the crystal down. "Ben…."

Ben groaned.

"Why does my lightsaber look like this?"

The boy fidgeted again.

"Ben?"

"I was bored…." He mumbled, chin tucked against his chest.

"Bored?"

"Yeah, and," He reached up to scratch behind his ear. "I thought it might be astral to see how a lightsaber worked."

"So you took it apart…"

"Yeah." He scuffed his shoe against the carpet.

Luke shook his head. "Ben..." He ran his hand through his hair, not sure what to say about his son's over curiosity. The boy's insane need to tinker with all things mechanical had his parents against the ropes.

"You're not mad are you?" Ben asked, taking a seat close to Luke.

His father stared at him for a moment then shook his head again, this time in reassurance. "I just….Is there really nothing else you can find to do?" An eyebrow arched as Luke hefted some of the lightsaber into his left hand.

Ben shrugged and Luke exhaled once more.

A laugh. "Oh, Ben, what am I going to do with you-"

"BEN SKYWALKER! WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE SITH IS THIS?" His mother's voice hollered in pure aggravation.

The expression of amusement dropped from Luke's face. He turned to face his son. "Ben, please tell me you didn't."

His son lifted his chin. "I wanted to compare them…since they're both different."

"I see…" He let in a hissed breath, putting the mechanisms back down, and let his hands on his thighs as he moved to rise. "Let's hope your mother is that understanding of your mechanical curiosity."

"I'm not going to hold my breath on that one, Dad."

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh dear. Force help the galaxy when a Skywalker gets 'bored'. At least Ben is only taking things apart. He could be assembling things, like mini-death stars!!!

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] Poor Mara and Luke. I'm thinking Ben makes nearly as much mischief as the three Solos combined.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    His grandfather would be proud. [Face_rofl]

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    [face_laugh] Hmmmm...now that's an idea mwahahaha, but you're right

He does have that Skywalker mechanical inclination

Perhaps.

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Title: A Knight's Duty
    Notes: A funny piece the morning of the Unification Summit, before Daala sicked her dogs on Luke with an arrest warrant.

Thanks to all my lovely reviewers: @Briannakin, @Hazel, ginchy

Ben groaned, trying to dispel the sun from his eyes.

"Up and at 'em, Ben."

The youth rolled over on to his stomach and pulled a pillow over his head.

"Five more minutes," He murmured.

"Nope." Luke yanked the covers off. "The Unification Summit is today, and you have to be there."

"Why?"

Luke sighed exasperatedly. "Well first of all is your duty as a Jedi Knight and if you're not there by my side it will look very bad to the GA's member-worlds. Second, your Uncle Han's going to be there—in his monkey suit, as he puts it—and if you're not there he'll chew you out. Third, I'm your father and I say so."

"I knew I should have stayed in the Temple." Ben mumbled and attempted to curl up into a ball.

"Too late." Luke plucked the pillow off the bed and tossed it into the corner."You've made your bed, now…well I guess you won't be doing any lying in it for the time being." He paused. "So get up. I want you ready in fifteen minutes."

"Yes, Nana." The teen grumbled, smirking.

They both knew what it meant; a call back to Ben's old Nanny droid when he was a child. Nana had always been fiercely protective of Ben—she had been programmed to—and always insisted Ben act in a certain way despite his own wishes. She had never taken no for an answer—which is why Ben had frequently gotten into the habit of turning her off.
    He only wished his Dad had the same off switch sometimes.

"I heard that." Luke leaned over and cuffed Ben lightly on the ear. "Get up."

"Fine."

"I mean it's the least you can do after what I've done all these years.

"I said, fine."

"I fed you and clothed you and put a roof over your head."

Ben shot his father an irate glance.

"I'll be waiting in the living area. Fifteen minutes."

When Luke left the room, Ben collapsed back onto the bed.

"He really should come with an off switch..." He muttered into the mattress.

Since this piece is so short, I will upload another one later tonight.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Timeless, classic. =D= Daala is a piece of work, isn't she. :p But Ben and Luke are fun. @};-

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. That kinda was the scene at my house this morning... and every morning. Great 'slice of life piece.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Title: A Sudden Parental Epiphany
    Notes: One one of the various one-shots I wrote after finishing a Hero Never Forgotten.
    Jade Shadow
    Luke Skywalker sat behind the controls of the Jade Shadow, letting the autopilot do its job. He was glancing at the ship's database toward the galactic map in front of his eyes. His finger traced over a point in space, the Jedi Master assessing their location. He set his jaw contemplating their next coordinates. This was becoming more difficult than Luke had first anticipated. Tracking down Jacen Solo's journey during his five-year sojourn was proving more treacherous and less clear.

He set back in his pilot's chair, sighing.

"I know we're missing something." He mumbled to himself.

The Jedi leaned further back, shutting his eyes to the world around him. He stretched out with his senses, feeling around with the Force and drawing it into himself. He let it pulse through his body from his head to his toes. Luke couldn't help but feel at ease and refreshed. His frustration was subsiding.

Truthfully, if he was to be that with himself, the only thing that kept him from becoming totally disillusioned was his son, Ben. The youth's stubborn insistence on accompanying his father on the 10-year journey had perhaps been Luke's saving grace. It kept him sane to say the least and it was a lot better than having conversation with oneself. While true the boy proved to be willful and smart mouthed, repeatedly, he was a great joy in the Grand Master's life.

After all, isn't this is what he had longed for all this time? To be connected with his errant child?

Of course, he would have liked to have picked a better venue than this, but Luke took what he was given-and cherished it.

On that note, he sat upwards and pressed the com panel, signaling his son.

"Yeah?" Ben responded on the third try.

"Ben? Could you come here please."

The youth seemed to hesitate. "Anything wrong?"

Luke sighed. "Just come here."

"All right. Be there in a sec."

In his son's voice, Luke had felt traces of skepticism and confusion.

It could wait.

Ben strode into the cockpit about a minute later, throwing himself down in to the copilots chair. He eyed his father with wry eyes, waiting expectantly upon the Jedi Master.

"So…" His fingernails drummed against the armrest. "What's so important you dragged me away from my food? my stomach's gonna give me hell for this."
    Luke watched the boy's fingers move restless. He smiled inwardly. Ah, so the youth had been disturbed during his most looked forward to past time: mealtime. The most important aspect to a teenage boy's life next to his own raging hormones.

It was no wonder his son looked so put off. He noted the way Ben's eyes made contact with the cabin door and wouldn't be surprised if he were to hear a gurgle coming from the boy's direction.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" He sighed, looking back towards his father.

The older Skywalker looked upon his child, studied him. The boy was tall but well-muscled, slight without being gangly. He was certainly a far cry from the fourteen year-old
    Ben of two years prior. His most notable attributes lending to the boy's over all look were his brilliant red hair and sharp blue eyes.

Eyes that were fastened upon him.

"I just wanted to tell you something…"

"Yes." He looked expectantly.

"I feel…" Luke paused, searching for the words.

"Yes?"

"That…"

"Dad?" Ben voice drawled at his father's unexpected resistance.

The Jedi closed his eyes and took a deep breath before reaching to complete his train of thought.

"It's something I never knew. Never thought about." Luke spoke slowly. "But since the day you were born and perhaps even before then, I came to a realization…"

He raised his eyes to stare into his boy's own.

"…I love being a father."

Ben gaped at him before taking a moment to recover.

"That's it?"

"Yes. Should there be more?" Luke asked.

"You interrupted my meal, so you could have..." Ben sighed, bewildered. "…this sudden parental epiphany."

"Yes."

"You're…You…" The youth stumbled over his words.

Luke looked on.

Ben was at a loss for words, unable to form a complete thought. He threw his hands up in the air after shooting his father an exasperated look and stalked back to the galley.

Luke could hear his son mumbling under his breath, but all of it was incoherent to him.

However, through the Force he could feel inkling of his son's feelings; embarrassment, frustration and…yes even love.

He chuckled to himself. "So Mara…. I think we did a good job. What about you?"

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] Fun updates. Father and son are a great treat to us.

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] Hehehehe. I just loved this one, Ben is just your typical 16 year old here.

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    They're fun for me too..as you can see by my posts I love writing them alot..blame FOTJ series.

Pretty much *chuckles*

16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    @Briannakin, @Haze Thanks for reading all!

Title: A Different Rule of Two
    Summary: Sibling fluff, Luke and Leia, plus Allana
    Notes: So to include previous one shots not associated with FM..I've changed what this thread encompasses..it's mostly Luke, Mara and Ben..but it will now include scenes with Han, Leia etc.
    Allana watched from the corner of the Solo livingarea as her great-uncle sat at the diningroom table, tapping on a datapad and scribbling notes down on a piece of flimsi. His lips were moving and he seemed to be calculating or researching something. She watched mesmerized. Her Great-Uncle Luke was a man of average height by Allana's standard—certainly not as tall as her grandpa. He had graying hair off-set by vivid blue eyes. His face was worn, but he had a concentrated look on it. His aura in the Force was still; she'd learned of the soothing energy he emitted as time went on. Allana liked sitting by him because it felt nice—like she was being bathed in warm sunshine.

Her uncle stopped and put down the 'pad. He raised his arms over his head and yawned loudly, stretching. "Argh, what a kink." He muttered and then leaned back in the chair.

He turned his head—as if sensing her—and spotted Allana watching him.

"Have you been sitting there the whole time?" Luke asked.

"Almost..." The little girl held her stuffed tauntaun and wiggled off the sofa.

"You should be in bed, young miss."

"I'm not sleepy."

Her uncle smiled lovingly. "Regardless, Allana, you really should be in bed. " He looked around. He knew his sister wouldn't like it that her little granddaughter was awake after she had put the girl to sleep.

"I want to stay up." She gave him her best pitiful look.

Luke shook his head. "No way, young lady." He got up and started toward her then attempted to pick her up. She scooted away, smiling impishly.

"Allana." Her uncle took on a serious tone; the kind her grandma did. Well, they were brother and sister so she figured it was a family thing.

"But…"

"No buts." Her uncle folded his arms over his chest. He'd dealt with similar stubbornness with his own son when he was a child.

She made a sad face, holding her tauntaun by one arm.

Luke shook his head."That's not going to work, Allana."

She sighed. Her great-uncle was about as resolute as her grandmother. Another family trait. She shifted from foot to foot, contemplating when a yawn came from her mouth. She covered her mouth with her hand startled.

Her uncle smiled. "See, you are tired. Now, let's get you situated back in bed."

"All right..." She walked over and took his large hand with her small one. "But you have to tell me a bedtime story."

"I'll see what I can do."

Luke led his great-niece back to her room. He put her back in bed, fluffed her pillow, and tucked the blankets in around her. Lastly, he made sure that her tauntaun was snuggled close to her.

When he was done getting her situated, he pulled up a desk chair to her bed and sat down. "Now, what's next…"

Allana turned onto her side, facing her great-uncle. "A story, you promised."

"That I did." He looked down into her grey eyes. "What story would you like me to tell you?"

The little girl wrinkled her brow in concentration. "Um…That's a tough one."

Luke waited patiently, smiling slightly as she made her "tough" decision. Despite all she had been through during the last year, it was obvious to him that she was still a little girl with little girl's thoughts. A sweet, innocent child.

"Oh, I know!" She chirped excitedly. "I wanna hear about when you and grandma were little!"

A bit of shock jolted him. His facial expression dropped, and a melancholy feeling began to settle in.

"Uncle Luke?" The girl struggled to sit up "Does your tummy hurt?"

"Huh. Oh. No, Allana. No. Why would you say that?"

"You made a really bad face. Like this..." She demonstrated by making her lips drop into a frown. "You looked all sad...like something was hurting. Is something hurting, Uncle?"

"No, sweetie, I'm not hurting. It was just something you said made me think of something."

"Something sad?"

"Well, no. I wouldn't exactly call it "sad"." His little niece looked very confused at this point. "You see, the truth is…your grandma and I…we didn't grow up together."

"You didn't? Why not?"

"Because, a very bad man was ruling the galaxy at the time," Leia interjected from the doorway. "And the Jedi of the Old Republic were very afraid that bad man would hurt us." She came in and placed a hand on her twin's shoulder. "So we were separated."

"Separated?" The little girl seemed troubled.

"But that's okay, Allana," Leia assured her granddaughter. "Because we're together now." She hugged Luke from behind. "Even though," She then kneeled and reached out to touch Allana's hand. "We were separated, it all worked out in the end. I may not have known him then, but I know him now." Tears entered her eyes. "That's all that matters, baby."

Luke smiled sadly and put an arm around his sister comfortingly.

"You're not sad?" She asked.

"No, Sweetheart. These are happy tears."

"You're happy?"

"We're very happy." Luke assured.

"You see, even though Luke and I didn't grow up together, it wasn't a sad occasion when we learned who we were, it was happy."

"I was very surprised I had a sister, but I think, I had always known."

"You had?"

He nodded.

"Grandma? Did you know too?"

"In a way, yes."

"How?"

"Well, I think it was the Force. It was…a feeling. I could always feel this connection that Luke and I had. I had a feeling I loved him very much, but it was a much different kind of love than I first thought. Different than the love I had for your grandfather."

"When did you find out?"

"Well, Luke and I didn't meet each other until we were much older; and we didn't find out we were brother and sister till many years later. Your uncle and your grandpa rescued me from a very dangerous super weapon called the Death Star. Your uncle later joined the Rebellion and helped get rid of the Death Star."

The little girl watched intently

"We went through a lot with each other those next four years; me, your grandpa, and yout uncle. We began to get very close. That's when grandma started to have this feeling about your uncle."

"That he was your brother?"

"Well, I didn't know that for sure." Leia said slowly.

Allana turned inquisitive eyes to her great-uncle.

Luke smiled. "I wasn't really sure till after we rescued grandpa."

Her eyes went wide. "You rescued grandpa?"

Leia laughed. "Well, yes. But let's leave that for another time."

"All right."

"Now, where was I?" Luke mused.

"After grandpa was rescued." She hugged the Tauntaun close to her.

"Right. " He set his lips as if thinking. "You, your uncle had to fly to Dagobah to fulfill a promise."

"A promise?"

"To an old friend. My former Master, Yoda. During that time there, my Master…died."

"Like my daddy?"

Luke and Leia sat rigid for a moment.

"Yes, sweetheart." Leia responded finally.

"Oh." She looked to Luke. "Then what?"

"Well, Yoda revealed to me…that there was another Skywalker. That I wasn't alone."

"Another Skywalker?"

"Yes…then my other master, Obi-Wan appeared before me. He told me what Master Yoda had meant. He spoke of my twin sister." Luke looked to his sister and smiled. "It was then that I knew, that Obi-Wan spoke of your grandmother, he spoke of Leia." He took Leia's hand warmly in his, affection shining in his eyes.

Allana smiled. "Did you know grandma?"

"As I said, I think I had always known. Your uncle told me on the forest moon of Endor; and I told him "somehow I'd always known"."

Allana watched her grandmother and her great-uncle exchange happy looks.

"I'm glad, you're together now."

"We are too." Luke responded.

Leia added, "Although it might've been nice to know eachother…to grow up together….we can't change that"

"What were you like as kids, Grandma?" Alaan inquired, going back to her original question.'

"Well," Leia got up and sat on the bed. "I grew up the daughter of Bail Organa and Queen Breha."

"Queen? So you were a princess?"

"Yes, in a way." She smiled lovingly. "I was brought up on Alderaan and my father and mother loved me very much—I loved them. I could truly tell I was cared for. I use to play with Winter, she was a childhood friend and a constant companion. She was like my sister."

"And uncle?"

"I was raised on Tatooine. Do you know Tatooine?"

"The desert planet."

"That's right. I grew up there. I was raised by my aunt and uncle. My uncle Owen was strict with me and at the time I didn't appreciate that. I thought he was being unfair. My aunt Beru wonderful loving woman though…she used to take care of me when I was sick and would defend me when she thought my uncle was being too hard. I didn't have many friend; just Biggs and Tank. The rest of the people I thought were my friends…they weren't nice.

"Because of those conditions, I'd always dreamed of getting off Tatooine. I wanted to join the Imperial Navy at the time. I got my wish…" He decided to forgo telling her about his aunt and uncle. "The droids came...C-3PO and R2-D2, and I was able to leave…"

"Why did you have to leave?"

"Because I had to get a message to a very important man on Alderaan."

"Grandma's daddy?"

"That's right, Sweetheart."

"That's how I met your grandma…I rescued her. Me and your grandpa and Obi-Wan…" Luke paused. "And Chewie…You don't remember him though because Chewie died way before you were born—at the start of the war. He was a good friend."

"That he was." Leia reached out and put a hand on her twin's arm. "And, if it weren't for your uncle's optimism and goodness, I would've never married your grandfather or even met him. I would have never had children…and would never know you. I thank every day, that the Force brought us together…Because Luke and I are much better together than we could have ever been alone.

"We would have never come this far, if we hadn't ever met each other—and if your uncle hadn't been brave enough to tell me the truth."

"Then...it was a good thing you met each other; even though all the bad stuff happened?"

"It was." Luke agreed. "A very good thing."

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Alana is so cute! :)

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Allana is cuteness all the way through, and you capture her curiosity and warmth very well. I love how she describes LUke's sense :D @};- The sibling stuff at the end ... very sweet, indeed. :) [:D] !!

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Daw! That was so sweet. I love seeing the twins together and Allana is so adorable.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Notes: Okay, this idea came from Jedi-Lover's fic, "Alter of Waru", around Ch. 9 I think. Entire credit/original idea goes to her. But I thank her for letting me do this.

Title: Anything But Normal
    This was originally going to just be a scene with Allana and Luke but I thought it'd be even more sweet if I added Leia into the mix...I think its hard to forget Luke and Leia are twins because they're older so its more special in this setting....Allana loves them both so having her find out about this was endearing for me to write.
    @Briannakin, Jade_eyes, Hazel

Mara sat crossed-legged on her bed and stared at the lightsaber as if it were some snake waiting to strike at her. She couldn't understand it at all! How in the worlds did she come to possess this lightsaber!? Of course, she'd accepted it-and even now she was questioning why she had.
    Why had she been so dumb enough to accept it!? This wasn't a nameless trinket, this was a family heirloom! She shouldn't have accepted it! Its mere presence confused the hell out of her and she didn't like it one bit!
    No, she wasn't to blame! It was Skywalker. How could he have given his father's lightsaber away as if it were nothing? She couldn't even begin to wrap her brain around that carefree yet casual act. Wasn't he thinking clearly?!
    Mara bit her lip, half attempted to go and hand it back to him.
    Who was she to have something so precious? She was the Emperor's Hand, that's who she was. She shook her head. No, she wasn't that person anymore!
    Luke wouldn't have given something so precious to the Emperor's Hand. But he would to "just Mara Jade", wouldn't he? His friend. Isn't that what he had thought of her as?
    She frowned. Somehow, she doubted Luke would even give it to a friend. So, what was going on?
    "Argh!" She growled and got up, frustrated.
    Mara paced around and glared at the now-offensive item. She stopped her pacing for awhile and bent over to pick it up, turning it in her hand.
    "You don't just give this away. What's wrong with you!?"
    Something so special, yet he had given it to her. Not the Emperor's Hand.
    "But I wanted to kill him! I tried to! I told his sister!" She shouted. "Why, would he give this to me?"
    She was not that person anymore! But you were. And he had trusted her with something so precious. His father's lightsaber. What did it all mean?
    She sat down. "You don't give your father's lightsaber to a friend, Skywalker. We barely know each other." Mara whispered. "Why would you give this to me? This is special to you. I thought it was…"
    Not a friend.
    A thought occurred in her mind.
    No, even Skywalker wasn't so careless with something so special. He was naïve and good, but not dumb.
    Not a friend—but perhaps….more than a friend? She drew in a sharp breath at the thought.
    No, that was impossible! She stopped to ponder this. Or was it? Was this a sign? She turned the weapon over in her hand, examining it, feeling it, and soaking in its meaning.
    "A sign." She murmured. A sign of another step. The next level to their relationship. Was this lightsaber a symbol to the bond beyond mere friends?
    Her heart seemed to skip a beat.
    "Beyond friends." Lovers?
    Did Luke want something for from her beside friendship? Her heart rate sped up, the organ threatening to burst from her chest.
    Her chest suddenly felt tight and she couldn't breathe.
    "Lovers."
    No, not lovers. Not with him... This lightsaber symbolized a step beyond mere lovers. Skywalker wouldn't give his father's lightsaber to someone he considered a causal fling, that she was sure of!
    His train of thought bordered on something more meaningful. Something serious. Something cemented in time.
    Something that would last forever.
    "Does he…want that kind of a relationship?" She whispered again.
    Wedding bells and white dresses. Children and promises of forever.
    She pressed the saber to her breast. The latter part scared her and she truly wasn't ready for that. Yet, she couldn't help but feel elated.
    This was sign; he wanted to further their relationship.
    For the first time in awhile, tears came to her eyes. She knuckled them away. This feeling, it was so strange. Her heart felt so full and a warm feeling coursed through her body.
    "Damn you, Farmboy. Why couldn't you just ask me the normal way?"
    Oh, who was she kidding? Luke Skywalker was anything but "normal".

mayo_durron_666 and Jade_eyes like this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It was definitely a strange present and opened to a lot of interpretation. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, a gift fraught with meaning and this "interpretation" makes me squee! [face_dancing] [face_love]

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    @Jade_eyes, Hazel
    It is. and I just realized I posted this here instead of in Blue Eyes *sighs* This is why I shouldn't have so many threads... oh well, as long as its enjoyed..

Notes: This next part is sort of a continuation to 'Idle Hands are the Devil's Tools', but it takes on a serious tone...lets say Ben's curiosity had major repercussions. This is a two-parter. I probably will not post them back to back due to the heavy nature of the subject.

After Ben had been severely scolded, he was sent to his room for the night. Mara Jade Skywalker looked at the spread out parts—realized something, much to her horror. This wasnot her lightsaber—it was Luke's father's.

Her heart sank. Luke would be crushed if he were to find out. His father's lightsaber which had rested on a top shelf in hers and Luke's bedroom now lay in pieces. She sighed and looked at it, what in the devil was she going to do?

Well, she could fix it and keep mum on it... She shifted her shoulders...but she didn't like keeping this from her husband, it would be deceitful.

She sighed.

Even if she did decide to go that route, she had no idea where to begin…. She sorted through the pieces…this was not her lightsaber. It had been constructed thirty plus years ago. A lightsaber was a unique weapon, constructed specifically to meet its wielders needs and form.

Mara got up, leaving the mess on a table in the family rec room. She made her way to her son's room, casting a quick look around for Luke, and then entered it.
    Ben Skywalker was seated at a small table in his room, lightsaber parts strewed about.

"Ben, didn't I tell you not to tinker with anything?"

The boy didn't respond.

"Ben." Mara stalked over, peering over the boy's head.

"Shhh…Fixing dad's lightsaber."

"Ben..." She sighed. "I know you took it apart, but there's no way you can put it back together; let your father do it."

He turned his head over his shoulder, giving his mother a patronizing look. "It's not hard, Mom. All you do is put the pieces back like they were when you took it apart. Reverse the process."

"Is that so?" She placed her hands on her hips.

"Yeah…" He began to make work on the lightsaber—and stopped suddenly. "Mom…I can't do it with you over my shoulder."

"Oh, sorry." She backed off, watching him from the doorway. A thought occurred to her. "Does your father know you have his lightsaber?"

"Yea, I told him I could fix it."

She waited a beat. "And he said, okay?"

"Yea," He sighed and looked over his shoulder. "Mom, this is going to take longer if you keep talking to me."

She raised her hands in the air in mock surrender. "All right, I'll go." Mara turned to leave the room then paused, another thought occurring. "Ben….can you fix the other lightsaber?"

He stopped his work.

"Can't you?" He asked, eyes still fixed on the table.

She folded her arms over her chest.

"I could if it was mine to begin with."

He turned around and gave his mother a perplexed stare.

"Ben…the lightsaber you disassembled, did you find it out the top shelf?"

"Yeah…"

"That was your grandfather's lightsaber."

Ben's face fell as the reality of his mother's words dawned on him.

"Oh, no." His eyes dropped back to the table, a look of horror on his face. His head whipped back to regard his mother, eyes wide. "What'll I do, Mom?" He picked at the pieces absentmindedly. "Dad's….gonna go nova if he finds out."

"Probably."

A distressed look came over his face. "What am I'm going to do…" He moaned.

"That's pretty obvious, young man. You're going to have to face the piper."

Another look of horror. "You mean tell-tell dad."

"Bingo."

"I can't."

Mara shook her head. "Sorry, that is not an option." She frowned. "I hope you understand how very disappointed I am with you."

He gnawed on his bottom lip.

"Not only did you violate your father's and my privacy, you tampered with a very special memento of your father's. Ben, that lightsaber wasn't just some lightsaber, you ought to know that. That lightaber was technically the first present your father ever gave me; he entrusted me of all people with his father's sword."

Ben was feeling lower and lower with each word his mother spoke. He willed himself not to cry.

"And don't start with the waterworks." Mara warned. "It's not going to help you this time." She sighed. "Ben, don't look at me like that…your father is not some monster that's going to gobble you up. I can't understand why you have this ridiculous fear of him."

"He's going to be mad."

"Probably." She conceded. "But that doesn't mean he loves you even less."

He turned back to the table and began to cobble the lightsaber back together once more.

"Do I have to tell him now?" He murmured.

"Yes. Trust me it's better to do it now, than wait." She walked over and crouched down next to her son. "You'll feel better."

He considered this."All right…let me finish the lightsaber then we'll go."

"All right…finish up. No stalling."
    …..
    See, told you it was heavy..now you'll thank me when I put in some feel good ones and heartfelt moments in between.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Eek, I missed one. Great moments.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I don't thinks it's that heavy. It's a perfectly natural moment where a mother gets her son to step up to the responsibility of his actions.