main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It would be amazing if the real villainess here turns out to be Depa Billaba, come out of her coma.

Alas. It will not be.

2. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Boy, are we going to feel stupid when the killer turns out to be Oppo Rancisis.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Oppo's basically going to be DOA. They've proven time and again that they're willing to kill off characters without thought for the EU. Vos, Rancisis aren't safe and neither is Bultar (if she appears).

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dunno if anyone remembers the old 2SA, but both Barriss and Asajj's characters came from the original design:

[​IMG]

(edit: nobody interpret this as an advocation on my part that the unknown assailant is Barriss -- I might stop watching the show if it comes to that. :mad:)

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm not really sure what's going on with Barriss, as I haven't seen the past few episodes, but it seems like they could just as easily create a new character and do whatever it is they're doing to Barriss...

That would be great. I've always felt that Kar Vastor would make a good TCW villain as well... as long as they don't decide to kill him.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Bit of fanon (and wishful thinking): Barriss, who's a healer, is checking on a comatose Depa when Billaba suddenly awakens. Billaba corrupts Offee through the dark side (I can't be bothered thinking how right now) and convinces her to bomb the Temple etc.

Barriss_Coffee and fistofan1 like this.
  7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Now after a long hunt across the world I've discovered the identification of the the bomber. Their name is:
    Pong Krell
    I will copy this to the TCW threads.

Sitara likes this.
  8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    And then she slips back into a coma. No one will ever know. It's the perfect crime! And when Barriss claims that Billaba corrupted her, the Jedi Council will say 'But she's in a coma!' and Billaba will smirk.

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    She does have that fiendish look in her eye again.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  10. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Y'know, just playing with the pieces the arc gives and revealing Tutso Mara would be quite the twist.

11. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    So... if Barriss is the bomber ([face_plain]), what? Anakin kills her, Ahsoka sees him do so, runs off w/ Ventress, cue O66?

12. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    You know, I really shouldn't be suprised by this sort of thing anymore. But a little part of me dies inside every time they do something like this.

For shame Mr. Filoni. For shame [face_shame_on_you]

13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I will stop watching the show if it comes to that.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Honestly, Barriss being the bomber will be the worst breach of character in the show's history for me. Even Piell's death was apparently planned at the same time as Coruscant Nights was written, was annoying but I got over it.

This is just illogical, however. They could have literally picked almost any other Jedi and it would have made more sense than near-pacifist Barriss Offee bombing a sacred temple. [face_frustrated]

Nubbs, Esg, fistofan1 and 6 others like this.
  15. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Ugh. It's Barriss, isn't it? Ugh.

Also, that scene with Ahsoka and Asajj cornered by the clones was just painful. How did all of them forget that their blasters had a stun setting?

16. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    If Barriss Offee actually is responsible for the bombing, I vote that we retcon the Barriss we see during Order 66 into her twin sister, Bariss Coffee. 8-}

MistrX, Plaristes, Zorrixor and 11 others like this.
  17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    So that comic panel was in Central America?

Barriss_Coffee, RC-1991 and 07jonesj like this.
  18. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    It's not even the Order 66 comic panel that's bothersome here. It's the complete butchering of her character. That's even worse than continuity butchering.

19. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    On that note, I agree. I can live without a single comic panel (Barriss' jedi knight status has been ambiguous since her first appearance on the show, and even before that I think, so I can accept most of Medstar just fine)

It's the very notion that she would go this far that I find distasteful. It's especially disappointing when I want so badly to like this arc...

Oh well, the last episode could either be awesome, or a total flop. 1 week left.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Agreed Menk

Esg likes this.
  21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Perhaps Barriss's pacifist ways are what led her to do all this?

Jacen was once like a pacifist too... until he adopted the "end justifies the means" approach to bringing peace to the galaxy...

EDIT:

Looking through the Wook, it seems that Barriss didn't believe there was a dark side.

The parallels with Jacen continue...

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I think pacifism and TCW should stay away from each other.

Not a match.

Esg, JackG, Zeta1127 and 1 other person like this.
  23. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I don't think its that complex. All they did was check which film Jedi wasn't in ROTS and the lightbulb went on.

Initially I even liked that they were trying to think outside the box a little by not having it be Ventress, but now they have made it completely hamfisted once again - assuming it is going to be Barriss. There are so many ways they could have gone......................

Nubbs and GGrievous like this.
  24. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Um...since when was Bariss a pacifist? I seem to recall her as the young Jedi healer who challenged a master martial artist to a bout just to prove a point and then almost lost control during it. She's a healer yes, and has shown a high degree of personal restraint and decorum compared to many of the Jedi we've seen, but there's really nothing that would make her involvement in a Separatist conspiracy any more shocking than that of almost any other Jedi.

They're using Bariss because she was previously established, during the Geonosis arc, as being Ahsoka's friend (it also helps that she can at least semi-convincingly impersonate Ventress' physical frame), which makes the betrayal cut much deeper. I can't really think, off the top of my head any better candidate for this rather dubious terrorist action.

As far as retconning death scenes goes: assuming Bariss is executed/goes rogue following these episodes, we can always give those death sequences to Luminara's new Mirialian padawan to be named later.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There's a possible motivation for Barriss, and it is better than it being Ventress or Maul or some created-for-these-episodes character.

But there's one big hole in the "Barriss did it" theory too... Palpatine. We know he planned this, that it's all part of his strategy. We know the true killer had to have gotten through prison security somehow.