main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The book made it abundantly clear to me at least that Plagueis was after both political power (more power behind the throne rather than out front power like Palpatine had) and the power to cheat death.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I'd argue he did achieve all of his political goals. He was successful at getting Palpatine elected. The one area his aspirations didn't materialize was becoming Co-Chancellor with Palpatine. Some of us wonder if that was truly a priority for the Sith "Grand Plan"? Plagueis becoming co-ruler. I personally think he wanted to tear down the galaxy and rebuild it from the ground up in his vision. The Galactic Empire that we know was not Plagueis' plan, that was Sideous' vision. There is still room in the story to extrapolate a different method of ruling. Recall, that the Sith believed the galaxy would thank them for showing them the true way to live. The Emperor's rule did not achieve this tenant.

After Plagueis is attacked, he retreats from public view. You could say his attention really turned inward at that point. Plagueis was no longer focused on executing the political power aspect of the "Grand Plan". He left that up to his apprentice. Though Plagueis needed things accomplished on a governmental level, he became less interested in that type of power, and more interested in Force ability. That's the direction of thought my quoted line came from.

3. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    This thread reminds me of Darth Plagueis himself, just won't die.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Okay, I'll bite. How do you think this Plagueistopia would look like?

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

And it will be a wonderful world where death means nothing and the possibility of ressurection and immortality can be constantly used against the hero. I mean hell if I saw somebody I love die and had somebody who knows how to ressurect people...you get the point. ;)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    ;)

That's a question I'd like the answer to as well. I charge that we do not yet know the full details of the true "Sith Plan". In that packet you will find the particulars...

7. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    I have a feeling this "trick" can only be accomplished a few times max. Recall when Plagueis kept bringing Venamis back, his mind was gone after a certain point. I think this will quiet the legitimate complaints of death being meaningless.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    One thing I want them to NOT do is just go for another generic typecast villain actor like Hugo Weaving or Mark Strong. Time to branch out and find new people. They already kinda played it safe with JJ and in a sense Arndt *pixar writers. Everybody wants them* I don't want them to play too safe with casting. In a way pull a "Heath Ledger". Cast somebody who nobody would expect to be a villain, but then have him blow us away with how awesome he is.

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    People who don't like the idea of resurrection and immortality should find a new universe to enjoy. Stars Wars already has immortal ghosts who, upon dying, can be resurrected in the force.

And we also have all the techo-aspects that make make immortality probable, not only possible.

While I'm hoping that we get a female baddie this time around, I'm not against a Plagueis plot. How's this for an idea? When Sith die, if they are powerful enough, they can enter the realm of the darkside, or a dimension or universe comprised of only the darkside. While there, Plagueis spends the time during TPM-VII conquering that world. Now, in VII, he is ready to return to our dimension, with the galaxy still weakened from the Clones Wars, Galactic Civil War and post-war strife, wars that he set in motion via Palpatine and Anakin, to claim his ultimate prize: to destroy all last remaining elements of the light side.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Oh, and which franchise? Resurrections are everywhere in SF. It's almost impossible to escape them.

I don't know why you are all set to bring this dreck into star wars. Ghosts are acceptable because they can't do very much but there's no need for reanimation in the flesh.

Only a few times? How ... reassuring.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't think the novel went that far.

The book says nothing of this. Thus if his mind was gone it was like that before he died the first time.

12. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Please no Darth Plagueis

Or Darth badmanian

Or Darth Malevolent

Or Darth Killfoolsian

Just a regular evil sci-name please.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  13. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    ^

Sean Connery

a villain with a bit of class

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The second

16. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    Ok... Check back later. I don't carry the novel in my hip pocket. I will transcribe the material I'm referencing...

17. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    LOL!!!

18. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Admiral Ackbar should be the villain.

19. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Drugs. They need a war on drugs. Death Sticks will be the new baddie. Darth Death Sticks.

Miles Lodson likes this.
  20. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya, I almost actually sifted through the audiobook because of this guy's BS surrounding the same topic...then I realized I'd rather drink whiskey out of the toilet and snort AJAX.

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  21. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012

"Darth Plagueis", by James Luceno. Paperback Edition. Page 346 Paragraph 5, "Still in safekeeping on Aborah were texts and holocrons that recounted the deeds and abilities of Sith Masters who, so it was said and written, had been able to summon wind or rain or fracture the skies with conjured lightening. In their own words or those of their disciples, a few Dark Lords claimed to have the ability to fly, become invisible, or transport themselves through space and time."

This is one of the personal turning points that made me consider Plagueis as a legit villain in the ST.

I admit, upon further research, it wasn't Venamis' mind, but his organs that were shutting down upon repeat resurrections. Thus furthering the point that the "trick" does have limitations.

Darth kRud likes this.
  22. Darth Lycan

Darth Lycan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 28, 2013
    I can see this remember Palpatine's prophetic words "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace." I can't see the emperor after finally beating the jedi being content with the rule of two. Maybe the rule of two is fine for sith lords, but I can't see the greatest sith lord being content with that. What better way to display your power than to resurrect a once dead people, and perhaps even revive the sith army. I don't know how open palpatine & dv where about being sith lords, but I can see this being done in secret.

Maybe through cloning with dna extraction on Korriban? Palpy would have the resources, and money to make it happen. It would be much easier to conceal than say perhaps building a death star. If a revived sith race was begun many years bby & ep VII is say 30 years after rotj this sith army would have had a good 30-40 years to prepare for galactic conquest. Just a thought.

I use this analogy. If America was beaten in a great war, and only two had survived passing down our traditions for thousands of years & through cunning we finally beaten our enemies in one swift stroke. With no one to oppose us, I would be sure to revive our once dead nation/culture.
    Sounds like a trap?

Darth kRud likes this.
  23. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Palpatines master was big on ending the rule of two. In the Darth Plagueis book, which went into The Phantom Menace period, Sidious made Darth Maul his apprentice while he was still under Plageuis.

24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Silly question here, but I didn't read the book:

When Plageuis dies in the book, is there any mention of what happens to his body?

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  25. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    "And sprawled there, Plagueis: his slender limbs splayed and elongated head turned to one side. Dressed in finery, as for a night on the town. And now dead. Or was he?

Wary of approaching the corpse of his former Master, he called on the Force to roll the aged Muun over onto his back. From that angle Plagueis looked almost as he had when Sidious first met him, decades earlier: smooth, hairless cranium; humped nose, with its bridge flattened as if from a shock-ball blow and its sharp tip pressed almost to his upper lip; jutting lower jaw; sunken eye still brimming with menace-- a physical characteristic rarely encountered in a Muun.

On closer inspection, he saw that Plagueis's already cyanotic flesh was smoothing out, his features relaxing. "

That is every line from the short prologue (narrated by Palpatine) that describes Plagueis after he was killed. It doesn't say what Palpatine might have done to his body afterwards, or if he did anything. He probably left his corpse to be discovered.

So basically his body was left pretty well intact. The prologue is pretty interesting. As you can see, Palpatine doubted himself whether he had really taken Plagueis down. But upon further inspection, he assures himself that he's dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.