main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Biggest Peeve of TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Not remotely realistic given how expensive this show is to animate. Changing the format would definitely fix the pacing issues of the shoe, however (some are too slow, whereas others are way too fast).

2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    There's not enough of the actual War. We should see huge, sweeping military campaigns in detail with complicated planetary agendas over resources and stuff.

I like a lot of the Underworld/Sith stuff, and its very good in producing compelling story lines. But if this show was created to show the Clone Wars, shouldn't it, you know. Do that? More often? It seems more like the Clone Cold War because everything is happening behind the scenes, sometimes not involving the Separatists vs. the Republic at all.

CT-867-5309 and Bobatron like this.
  3. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Adding 2 more to my list...

-The previews that come out in between episodes. I hate them and don't watch them

and MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE OF ALL

-People who constantly complain about TCW. Wish they would just move on if they don't like it.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE OF ALL:
    People who tell others to leave a forum because they have a dissenting opinion.

5. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    1. The episodes that focus on the droids are just tedious.
    2. The death of Savage. I liked him.
    3. Sorry but I never liked Asohka. I probably spelled her name wrong too.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Ryloth I think - that change was utterly unimportant to the story yet messed up countless other stories.
    Though that makes it easier to ignore at least.

I also have to second Seerow in how often they bring up a plot point, and then don't do anything with it, at least for a very long time.

They should have used the hyperspace codes from the Citadel to invade Raxus and capture the CIS Parliament. And Ahsoka should have fought Lux there and it would have been very tragic and a great way to gray up the war. Oh well.

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    - The contradiction and ignoring of the EU set in the Clone Wars (books, comics) and it's replacement with (bad in my opinion) other situations and fates for already established characters. They should be more respectful of it.
    - Return of Maul
    - Too many fillers (and some are completely pointless and ridiculous, like the droid arc)
    - not enough Clone Wars. As others have said, more Republic vs CIS, not random adventures of certain characters.
    - Perhaps my biggest issue with the whole show is the fact that it is a kids show. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a Star Wars show for kids, the animation in TCW is amazing among other things, but I always thought that the Clone Wars era is serious and dark (like the impression I got at the end of AOTC and ROTS), and this show doesn't capture that feel well (with an exception of a few episodes)

13thsithlord likes this.
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    1. Bringing Darth Maul back
    2. Complete inconsistency in power of the characters. Particulary Ahsoka. How the heck can she stand toe-to-toe with Ventress?! How old is she 15?! I mean Ventress is on Anakin's level almost. And how can Savage stand against Obi-Wan AND Anakin. From week to week you just don't know who is powerful or not.

starve and spicer like this.
  9. starve

starve Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    • Trash episodes, like the Droid centric story arcs. This show is capable of being very good, but the way they just blow the overall pace of the series with filler episodes is a travesty.
    • Variable character strength. At different times, Savage, Maul, Anakin, Ventress, Ashoka, and Obi-Wan have been portrayed as virtually unstoppable fighters. ...and then the next week they get thrown around like a rag doll. They are as powerful week-to-week as the plot needs them to be.
    • Minor gripe...I love the animation, but as someone mentioned earlier the running & walking animations are bad.

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  10. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    The show fixed this now with the latest character model, but teenage padawans in tube tops is my biggest peeve. If you can't make a cool female jedi character without showing some skin on a "kids" show, then try harder to put clothes on the character model. Now they've cut it back to a boob window and some revealing leggings/pants whatever-better, but seriously. And don't tell me Togrutas dress like this on their home planet or whatever, because Shaak Ti doesn't and Ahsoka didn't have to, someone chose that model over other concept art for a reason. You can't call it a kids show and pull that kind of garbage without me getting annoyed. I must be getting old.

My 10 year old niece-"Why is she running around in her bra during a war?" (while my sister in law smirks and rolls her eyes and my brother shifts uncomfortably, avoiding eye contact with his wife or daughter)

Me-"....I think it's a tube top technically...and I don't know..." (meanwhile thinking to myself "Because TCW/Lucas/Filoni want it that way, or they would have never approved that character design for a kids show")

If you wouldn't dress a teenage main character like that in a live action *Star Wars movie, don't do it in a cartoon.

*edited

11. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    The battle droids annoy me in both the PT movies and TCW cartoon. They are just irritating to me.

12. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Biggest Peeve of TCW?

1. Nicknames.
    2. I never feel like the main characters are ever in any real danger / not enough "price of failure" scenes.
    3. How powerful the Jedi are seems to be based on needs of the plot / Inconsistent depictions of power.

GGrievous and Nubbs like this.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The entire Gascon/WAC arc minus the couple Woody Allen moments.

14. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Where the heck is Padme, or Cat Taber? She hasn't been doing as many other voices this season either.
    Anyway, I think it would be neat for the show to take the opportunity to reveal what Palpatine is up to. I know the show is presented in such a way that Episode III hasn't been made yet, but the prequels have been done and we all know Palpatine is Sidious and all, so taking that angle of revealing just some of Palpatine's secrets behind the scenes would be a welcome change.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Huh, we haven't seen Padme this season have we?

16. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Nope. She also wasn't at Celebration VI.

17. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I just finished Season 4 and am watching the special feature on the last arc of the season.

I am stunned at how bad it all was. I mean, I knew Maul came back. I knew a lot of what happened in these episodes before I saw them. But actually seeing them was depressing. I cannot believe how poorly this was all done. And the special feature is actually angering. Katie Lucas comes off as so haughty about this. "Oh, that was my idea. And that was my great idea, too. I love my idea to do this." GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

EDIT: Actually, you know what, I change my answer. Katie Lucas is my pet peeve of TCW. I cannot think of a single episode that she's been the lead for that I've liked.

18. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    The annoying 'things happen just because they do' plots that constantly happen throughout TCW.

19. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    The writing is pretty bad. Some stories are like chewing gum to long and boring. other episodes feel rushed.

The show cant decide if it is for adults or kids.

Filoni always gives weird interviews.

Eckstein is too euphoric.

Hidalgo does a meh PR.

Lucas retcons too much.

The show should be cancelled.

20. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    The inconsistent power levels of the jedi whenever it suits the plot.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    One thing has always peeved me off, I've said it before but I'll say it again, Ima-Gun Di's death! I just reckon he could've easily survived seeing what other Jedi have survived throughout the series. Apart from that, everything's perfectly alright here now. We're fine. We're all fine here, thank you. How are you?

22. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Filoni giving that guy realy the name IMA GUNDI is totaly infantile.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    My current biggest peeve of TCW is turning Barriss into the saboteur/mastermind in the Ahsoka arc. Does it have potential to lead to great future stories? Sure. Does it have potential to make Barriss a more interesting character? Sure. But do I have to like it? NO! Even after watching Jedi Knew Too Much, there was simply no way I could believe it to be Barriss.
    Do I care how it affects continuity? No. Because I don't think that Star Wars should have to rigidly follow all and every single EU continuity ever created. That's ridiculous. It would hinder and suffocate creativity. And the new trilogy of films is going to lay waste to huge swaths of EU. Too freakin bad!
    It's my biggest peeve because I REALLY LIKE Barriss and she's a great foil to Ahsoka's character. I thought Anakin turned to the Dark Side too quickly in RotS, but now with what TCW has done, I can better see his fall. I now want to know how Barriss's character and outlook changed during that two years we hadn't seen her so I can better understand her actions.

24. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Introduction of Tera Sinube. Not that I don't like him or anything... I just don't like the idea of old jedi dying from O66 like him and Jocasta :(

25. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    To be fair, Ima-Gun Di sounds better than Ima-Gun Liv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.