main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ooh, and every time they switch from Mortis to the SW galaxy, they could throw in just tons of lens flare. :p

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh **** **** **** **** ****.

I may need to go post in that thread about what would make me so mad that I'd walk out of Episode VII.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Watching the Citadel arc and the end of the 1st one was the one where I saw Anakin and Tarkin talking after getting out of the Citadel and into one of the old tunnels

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Unlocked this thread. Don't die in there on me.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I mostly agree, but I'll go one step further. I think it can be taken literally in the sense that it did take place physically (even if outside of time), but even then, that doesn't make everything The Father says about the Force the ultimate truth about it. It's just a really interesting philosophical viewpoint we've never heard before. Mortis can be real along with the three Force-wielders, and Mortis can even be some sort of conduit of the Force, without their belief that the state of the Force in the whole universe relies on them being true. I think it's often overlooked how Mortis implodes at the end and all the Force-wielders die, yet the state of the Force back in their own dimension is as it was before they had their experience on Mortis.

cwustudent and 07jonesj like this.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Part 2 of Mortis.

Altar of Mortis

- Wow, a dream within a dream. Dreamception. Yes, this is all a dream. It doesn't ****ing make sense if it's real, and all the shoehorned references to Mortis in other books can go suck it.

- That was a weird dream. The Son's in your head bro.

- And now he's in your shuttle! How did he get there? I realise me asking all these questions is a waste of time as they're not meant to have logical answers. But dammit there's nothing else to talk about if I don't do it.

- So there's a chase going on between the Son in his gargoyle form and Anakin flying the shuttle, and I'm thinking why does the Son turn into a gargoyle, and the Daughter into a griffin? Like, not even remotely Star Wars-based animals. I've been playing Darksiders I and II recently and they both look like they could have come straight out of those games. This kind of reference only benefits the audience and doesn't make sense IU.

- The Son has a hyperdrive stuffed up his ass apparently.

- Holy crap, it's Saruman's tower!

- I like this argument between Anakin and Obi Wan, it's a very classic moment between them showing Anakin's inability to let go and fully embrace the teachings of the Jedi.

- And now Ahsoka's talking with a gremlin. Way to keep outdoing yourself TCW.

- "How do I even find the Father?" You must believe, Obi Wan. And, presto! Out of thin air a giant monastery warps into existence.

- Okay, so the Father is concerned that the Son is letting the Dark Side get the better of him, but guess what? That's kinda what it does. Is it not a bit naive to believe in a system of balance that must include both light and dark yet you're disappointed that your son is succumbing more and more to the power he's meant to embody? You really didn't expect him to become selfish and power hungry, at all? Dumbass.

- Sam already did a bit of Palpatine during the dream, but I think this one takes the cake. "I HATE YOU!!!!!!!" That was so ****ing hilarious.

- Daughter also seems to be pretty dumb.

- Oh hey look, it's the Dagger of Mortis, encased in some totally original Well of Souls kind of chamber.

- Dagger of Mortis is dumb. Oh my god, we must fetch this mystical ancient blade which has the power to control/kill the main villain! I have literally never heard this plotline before! So original, hats off to you Mr. Christian ****Face Taylor.

- Every time one of the Big Three says "I don't understand," or "explain what's going on," empty your shot glass.

- Dark Ahsoka. Creepy. Obvious Harley Quinn reference is obvious.

- "Sister..." Obvious Vader reference is obvious.

- "I'm doing what is right. Or am I? I am a Sith. Or am I? I'm not a douchenozzle. Or am I?" Shut up please.

- "He is just selfish and was taking too long to die, so I decided to move things along." I recall this getting a chuckle out of me in the past. Not any more, you'll be pleased to hear.

- "Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you Snips?" "Don't call me that! I hate it when you call me that!" Funny, we think that as well. Ahsoka and I have more in common than meets the eye, we should team up and roam the underbelly of Coruscant together solving mysteries.

- It's funny, she's actually slightly less annoying when she's in Dark Side Douchebag mode. Slightly.

- "Can you feel it, sister?" Please break out into Elton John, please break out into- oh, nevermind.

- "If you will stand in my way, then I guess we must fight." Quality dialogue.

- OMG le epic confrontation between Daughter and Son, light and dark. This is actually quite boring.

- "You don't have to do this." "Then stand aside!" I'm sorry, what? Is he deaf or something?

- This whole gargoyle versus griffin fight makes me think this premise would have worked great in any other setting than Star Wars. Any other franchise, it would have been amazing. Well, maybe. But it really doesn't work in Star Wars.

- Obvious Yoda vs Sidious duel reference is obvious.

- I know they say Red Bull gives you wings, but damn Father, you need to lay off the energy drinks.

- This choral music (totally original by the way, was just watching Nostalgia Critic talk about that particular cliche) would have been a lot more impactful if it wasn't a mainstay across the entire Season 3 soundtrack. Seriously, go watch Season 3, that damn choir pops up everywhere.

- Interception! Nice going Anakin. And er, good catch Ahsoka.

- "Everything has transpired exactly as I planned." Obvious Palpatine reference is obvious. Oh wait, that was the point. Well it still sucks.

- Oh praise Jesus, she gone! She gone! I know she comes back to life in a couple minutes but hallelujah, someone finally killed Ahsoka!

- I'm sorry Anakin, but I just didn't feel your "Nooooooooo!!!" I mean you gotta sell it! Remember, your "Noooooooooo!!!!" is what gets you your next job. Now drop and give me twenty.

- "Now Father, you will die." Guess who.

- I love this. The Son has the dagger in his hands, and he's about to deliver the killing blow. You can feel the hatred radiating from him. Then Daughter comes in and takes the hit, and instantly he's all "Oh god what have I done? WHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!" Then he throws a tantrum and flies off. Yeah actions have consequences bro. So it turns out he isn't really evil then, it is just the Dark Side having its way with his arse.

- Father's blaming himself for it for no reason, as you do.

- Hurr durr we just killed Ahsoka with space magic but now we're going to bring her back because lol can't kill Ahsoka for real or else Mr Filoni will have my head in a jar

- "As my daughter dies, so shall the war escalate in your galaxy." Please stop. You can't control crap. You're not integral to the balance of the universe. Okay, so when you all die, why doesn't the bloody apocalypse break out, why is there no anarchy with no-one controlling the balance? Answer me that Father, if that is your real name.

- By the way he preaches this stuff for quite a while. "Because of what has happened here, the consequences will be dire!" No, they won't. Shut up.

This was significantly worse than Overlords.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ready to start Season 4!
    Season 3 is best so far followed by S2 and then S1
    Best Opening arc is Delta Squad for Season 3 (yes I know Rookies was in Season 1 but I'll count it for this one) followed by the Holocron arc and then the Malevolence arc.
    Best ending arc? Ryloth, then season 3 duology, then Boba Fett arc.
    Best arc of Nightsister, Mortis and Citadel? Citadel was best overall but Mortis has to be the favorite

07jonesj likes this.
  8. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    So I've decided to binge watch the Clone Wars TV series, but as I'm going along the 1st season I'm finding myself somewhat uninterested, I'm curious to know what Seasons are a must-see. For example I've heard season 2 is really cool to watch because of the inclusion of the Mandalorians in it. Would it be bad if I just skipped season 1 all together, watched season 2, and then skipped another season to watch another cool season? I'm pretty tempted to skip to season 5 as it seems the most epic/interesting season of all. What do you guys think I should do? What do you recommend?

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Season 1 has some great episodes! Trespass for one.

07jonesj likes this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm a completest so I'll watch the whole thing even if it takes some will power once I commit to starting watching something unless it gets so awful I start counting the time wasted TCW is pretty episodic so you can really jump in anywhere. Maybe it would work bust to jump right into to season 4 and 5 which get much darker and really up the story telling then go back and watch 1-3.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    As someone who watched this from the premiere in 2008, I'd say stick with it. You'll appreciate the improvements far more if you've actually seen it improve. If you skip ahead, I don't think you'll go back.

That, and Season 5 has made use of a couple of Season 1/2 episodes as the catalyst for their storylines.

12. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Difficult to say since it’s a matter of personal taste and no one but yourself knows what you like and what you don’t. I think there are things in season five that will make less sense if you haven’t watched the previous seasons – for instance, if you want to watch the Maul-arc of season 5 I think you should first watch: The Mandalore-arc in season 2; 'Corruption', 'The Academy', and the Ventress-arc in season 3; 'A Friend in Need' and the Maul-arc in season 4, to get the full experience.

My best advice to you would be to read the episode guides and then pick out the episodes that spark an interest, and if they are part of an arc then either watch the other episodes belonging to that arc or read the plot summaries on Wookiepeepidia.

There is really no right or wrong way to do this, you need to discover on your own what works for you.

07jonesj likes this.
  13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Are you just now watching the series for the first time or are you simply rewatching it? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My favorite so far is season 2 but I'm another who will say watch all of them in order from the beginning. There's such a wide range of opinions on episodes that I don't think anyone here can tell you definitively what you need to skip.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    1st time all the way through. I've seen most of season 1, parts of season 2, 1 or 2 episodes of season 3 and this most current arc of season 5.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Grievous Intrigue. I didn't have particularly fond memories of this episode, but after watching it the details I had forgotten made a difference. That's sorta the point of me re-watching this stuff.

The episode begins with some nice boarding action, there's a strong feeling of hopelessness, that the ship is lost. Green is my favorite color, so it was nice seeing clones with green stripes, which is relatively rare.

Grievous carves a hole in the door to the bridge very slooooowly, really milking the doom and gloom and it worked.

He takes deliberate steps through the hole, poses and says "Jeddddddiiiii". The posturing was classic villainy.

The commando droids just cut right through the clones, they really looked good in this episode. They even manage to shoot Koth in the arm, wounding him and making him drop his saber. Koth finishes them off, though. No shame, really.

Enter four Magnaguards.

Grievous duels a wounded Koth and still cannot land a meaningful blow. Koth Force slams Grievous into the viewport. Koth goes for the kill and definitely would have landed it, but the Magnaguards shock him from behind. Grievous still couldn't land a blow even as the Magnaguards continue shocking Koth from behind. Eventually Koth falls, but I see it as a defeat for Grievous.

Grievous' message to the Jedi is just classic stupid cartoon villainy. On one hand, his "live to see you die" speech is impressively intimidating, on the other hand he allows Koth to get a message to the Jedi. It's like a backhanded compliment when it comes to Grievous, TCW giveth, and TCW taketh away.

Impressively, Grievous actually predicts that the Jedi will come for Koth, as he should. It doesn't take a genius to know that the Jedi will try to save their own, but still it's nice that TCW allows Grievous this much.

When Kenobi arrives with a fleet, Grievous instantly intuits Kenobi's trick, orders the crew to open fire and warns them that "where Kenobi is, Skywalker will not be far behind", or something to that effect. Again, smart of Grievous to know that, like, you know, a strategist.

Some nice strafing by the fast Arquitens-class, good to see them used properly.

Anakin is jumping into the battle to get Koth. A nice bit of dialogue:

Adi: How close are you going to jump in next to Grievous' ship.
    Anakin: Pretty close.
    Adi: Define close.
    Anakin: Close enough to get the job done.

Anakin proceeds to jump right through the fleet, showing his piloting skills in a more clever way than just spinning.

Anakin: So, was that close enough for ya?
    Adi: Any closer and we'd be flying down hallways.
    Anakin: Eh, next time.

I liked it, good to hear some decent dialogue from Anakin.

Grievous cuts into Kenobi's ship, and a clone is tucked to the side waiting in ambush. The clone gets a commando droid as he jumped through, but the next one puts a blaster to the clone's chin and fires. Pretty vicious.

It's actually pretty nice to see Grievous using commando droids and Magnaguards, he is the Supreme Commander of the CIS, after all. I'd think most VIPs would have access to such resources. Basically any high ranked organic needs Magnaguards at his side and a detachment of commando droids for special missions.

Grievous actually knows that Skywalker is rescuing Koth. That's like, prescient, in a good way. Someone in Grievous' position needs to be able to predict the actions of his enemies, and again it's nice that TCW actually put the effort into it instead of just falling back on same old stupid Grievous. It'd be nice to see this regularly.

The tactical droid's voice is cool, of course. Had to mention that.

Kenobi's defense was excellent and very tight, as it should be. I kinda laughed when Kenobi somersaulted over Grievous and Grievous kicks him. I guess Grievous didn't have enough high ground.

The stand off between Skywalker, Gallia and the droids was kinda annoying. Why is there a stand off at all? The droids have them trapped, just kill them already. Apparently the tactical droid didn't have enough tactical sense to just push the button with his good arm instead of picking up his severed arm. I know it was intended to be comedy, but it wasn't funny.

Grievous strikes out at Kenobi with all four sabers on one vector, allowing Kenobi to easily block them all. Stupid, and defeats the purpose of multiple lightsabers. If Grievous had the presence of mind to alter the attack vector of even one of those lightsabers while Kenobi blocked the rest, Grievous could have skewered him.

And once again, the Force is the great equalizer. I guess it should be. Koth smashed him, and Kenobi does, too. Grievous runs away.

In this episode, Grievous showed rare strategic sense. In personal combat, he didn't look too good, losing two duels imo. He didn't look horrible I suppose, he competed, but he just can't compensate for the Force. I guess this is basically the best one can expect for Grievous, and that makes me kinda sad.

Giving it a bump up to a 9/10.

This leads into "The Deserter", but I'm not even going to bother with it. I just don't think I can stomach it.

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    For some reason I read The Desserter in your last sentence - and thought of Padme's joganberry (or whatever) dessert episode (droid spa). [face_laugh]

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Part 3 of Operation Mind**** aka Mortis. Dissertation, go to hell, this is srs business.

Ghosts of Mortis

- Burst out laughing once Ahsoka the Mechanic popped her head out at the very beginning. A good sign. Why is she fixing the ship as Anakin and Obi Wan chat? I seem to recall Anakin has a thing for tinkering with technology. Why the hell isn't he at least helping his poor Padawan (who was, let's not forget, dead just before this)? Is it some kind of training exercise? You lazy ass, grab a hydrospanner and go fix the bloody ship.

- Get the Father's blessing to leave? He already bloody told you to leave, last episode. "You must get to your ship and leave this place so my son cannot use it to escape into the galaxy," or words to that effect.

- It's a very solemn burial scene and all Father, but I disagree with you burying the dagger with your daughter. Even if you don't want to have to put down the Son, I think you must be able to predict the most likely outcome.

- "I am an old fool, who believed he could control the future." Yes. Yes you are. Thank you for finally admitting your incompetence.

- I don't think all is lost yet necessarily dude, but your moping isn't going to help anything. I think this guy needs a slap around the face. Stop blaming yourself and go kill your son for killing your daughter.

- "You should have left by now." Yeah exactly. Stupid Anakin.

- To paraphrase, Father just said to Anakin that because everything's his fault he needs to kill the Son. There you go, that's the spirit. Now get on it.

- Liam Neeson showed up again. "Do I leave or do I kill the Son?" "Neither." Oh that's great, thanks for letting us know.

- He said it! He said "I don't understand!" Ladies and gentlemen, commence drinking.

- "Not far from here there is a place strong with the Dark Side of the Force, you must go there." No, Liam, no, don't send him there. I know how this plays out. It's a trap, and Anakin gets some complementary yellow eyes. Don't send him into the lion's den. If Qui Gon is so smart, why does he think this is a good idea? This is your brilliant alternative to leaving or killing him? Is it possible he's conspiring with the Son? I think he must be to suggest this. My suggestion is go back and help fix the bloody ship, then get the **** out of there.

- Qui Gon really wasn't that helpful. Generic Jedi Pro Tips. "I'm not going to give you a straight up answer, all I'll say is trust your instincts." My instincts are telling me to tell you to go **** yourself. How do you like them apples, jerk?

- She's sleeping on the job! And what does Obi Wan say? "Oi you, get back to work!" I cannot believe this. This is appalling. You lazy sod. Someone get down there and fix this mother****ing ship! I am losing my marbles over this absurdity.

- And now he's telling her to sabotage the ship. Well hey you might not have had to do that in the first place if you had all chipped in. You could have all been gone by now.

- I hate this. Why do supposedly wise old men entrust everything to the Will of the Force? I thought you wanted to stop your son. So, hypothetically, what if the Will of the Force is actually for him to completely destroy you all and "sow terror across the galaxy"? Would you really accept that outcome, do nothing and blame the Force? Because that may fly for you, but you'll have a lot of people to answer to. From my end, it looks like it's your fault due to negligence.

- Of course the Well of the Dark Side is an underground cavern with lava everywhere.

- Recap of events so far: everyone is an idiot.

- Father is especially stupid. "You cannot interfere!" Why not? You said yourself you wanted to stop the Son. Obi Wan's giving him some mouth for him though which is good.

- Dat Vader vision. So much lamer than the microseries one. All the TCW VAs butchering lines from ROTS. And what exactly lies in Anakin's future? Well, there's Obi Wan, some random Jedi youngling, Palpatine slinging lightning, Alderaan blowing up and then Padme, a Rodian, a Twi'Lek and some other random person chocking followed by smoke in the shape of Darth Vader's helmet. Brilliant vision guys, 10/10 would hallucinate again.

- And now having seen this vision (or possibly having inhaled a dangerous amount of that smoke) Anakin turns into the biggest retard ever and decides to convert to the Dark Side and go after his friends and loves ones, in order to stop him from turning to the Dark Side and going after his friends and loved ones. We have a name for this idiocy now thanks to Mass Effect 3. This line of thinking is called #REAPERLOGIC. And it's stupid. Remember in Overlords when Obi Wan said "Anakin will not be easy to deceive"? Yeah. He deceived you, Kenobi, by making you think he's not retarded. I guess they were going for a parallel with ROTS where he decided to go dark because of desperation, but there is nothing resembling that at all in this scene. It doesn't work.

- Pointless scene with Ahsoka calling for help on the radio.

- Obi Wan arrives to find Evil Anakin, who says what he's doing is to end the clone war. Okay. Obi Wan gets zapped by the Son and asks Anakin "why?" Anakin responds "sorry bro but I've seen it's the Jedi who'll stand in the way of peace." I was under the impression that it was only Palpatine's 57 points in Persuasion that eventually convinced Anakin in ROTS of this. Apparently you can also get these in 15 second fabricated vision form. I knew he was gullible, but jeez. Or maybe I'm overthinking this. Yeah, I think I am. I think he's just possessed. But it still sucks.

- Ahsoka fixes the ship, Obi Wan tells her (again) to disable it so Anakin and the Son can't use it. And apparently all this amounts to is taking the keys out of the ignition. Well it worked because Anakin has no idea what to do, he just gets angry and curses her name. Would it really be completely impossible to hotwire that thing? She only took one bit out, and it's not an inner workings part, it's a thing she took out of the centre console.

- "My father still has hold over this realm, but I will be able to draw any ship here soon." How? Explain please. And don't tell me you're going to do it with the Force.

- I am so ****ing angry. You know what the Father just said? "Your destiny can change just as quickly as the love in one's heart can change. Nothing is set in stone." GOD ****ING DAMMIT YOU STUPID STUPID ****ING OLD CODGE THEN WHY ARE YOU ****ING WASTING YOUR ****ING TIME TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO ****ING INTERFERE WITH THE WILL OF THE GOD DAMN MOTHER****ING FORCE!! **** YOU!! I could strangle this guy.

- "If there is to be balance, what you have seen must be forgotten." Oh well that's just perfect. Magic reset button powers, activate! What was the point of having Anakin converted if your only solution is to magically wipe his memory? Literally, that sub plot did nothing. They didn't need to have it happen, at all. The plot would have functioned fine without it. And it wasn't even interesting enough to warrant keeping in.

- Because of the Father's stupidity, the Son is now in possession of the dagger. How did he know where to find it? This scene where he laments killing Daughter is stupid by the way. What is the point? To show he's not evil at heart and he regrets what he's done? I don't care! I just want this **** to die already and this arc to be over.

- OMG le epic final confrontation. He can block lightsabers with his fists, well that's put a damper on your brilliant plans to stop him. Father doesn't do anything to help, just watches the Big Three get pummeled.

- Spoke too soon, he retrieves the dagger. And it's only now that he comes to his senses and realises how badly he's ****ed up. Better late than never I guess.

- Son is a crybaby bitch. Nothing new really.

- Oh sweet Jesus, he gone! He gone! And nothing is bringing him back. Thank the heavens.

- Father's dying message is pretty much "please don't do what we know is going to happen in ROTS anyway." Thanks for the warning man. Oh and, apparently killing the two kids and their father yields the same result (bringing balance to the Force) as babysitting them for all eternity. That would have been nice to know 2 episodes ago, you could have offed them all and been on your way. I think the fact that both paths yield the same outcome could probably be interpreted to support this idea of balance in that neither is inherently right or wrong...or that the Father was talking out of his ass the whole time. Hmm, which to pick.

- Don't particularly care about the fact that he disappeared upon death like Yoda and Obi Wan. Just glad I'm nearly done with this crap.

- And so everything on Mortis dies, there's a big flash of light and they're all of a sudden back in their shuttle at the beginning of Overlords. Rex states they've only been off the airs for a moment. So, yeah, it was all a dream. But hold on, they're now at the same spot. So...ah screw it.

What an incredibly frustrating episode. I'm sure I could go back and find more crap to rant about but I think you'll understand if I call it a day.

So, Mortis. If you're considering rewatching, don't. That's my official stance.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_rofl]

Tears of laughter, soooo needed after a headdesk-worthy day in TCW universe. Love ya Fanboy.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Finished the Mon Cal arc at the start of Season 4. Great arc! Best arc so far! Loved seeing Ackbar! The Separatist Commander was amazing! Best new villain besides Trench!

07jonesj likes this.
  21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    You'll find this arc has a fairly bad reputation around here, but I liked it too. It's kind of a reimagining of the microseries version, featuring Kit Fisto and all. How'd you like the way Riff Tamson dies? PS. It's awesome.

Having a battle underwater was also a nice way to differentiate the battle from the others we'd had up to that point. Also, Gungans are actually, sorta, cool. Jar Jar is much less annoying than usual, even bearable.

22. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    I just recently got Season Four and finally watched the Mon Cala arc which I haven't seen since it premiered. After seeing it again its actually a pretty good arc.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Isn't this arc to be somewhat of a sequel to the Micro series battle? I knew the Prince would be the one to finish it off. I liked it because it gave us a water battle. Never saw that before. Why do people not like it? The Gungans were an obvious choice. Jar Jar was great in this. Great seeing Ackbar as well.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The wook counts this as the second battle of Mon Calamari in the Clone Wars, yes. Been a while since Season 4's premiere but I think the main complaints were the trilogy being rather generic, many people didn't like Prince Lee-Char, the design of Riff Tamson (he's basically a shark), Ackbar's involvement and Padme's involvement.

Like I say though, that's an argument better left for someone else I feel as I really enjoyed these three. Still, you've got to admire the pure spectacle of the two massive armies battling it out at the end of the third episode.

Pretty cool that the next episode, Shadow Warrior, is connected too.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I was alright with Le-Char but loved Tamson. Padme's involvement I can see. Why Ackbar? The Mon Cal, Quarren, Gungans, Clone Troops and Jedi fighting the Seps was amazing. Its the Gungan vs. Grievous isn't it?