main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Poll: Clone Wars or Prequel Anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by phonz3, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Anyone else like TCW Anakin way better than movie Anakin?

1. Yes - Love Cartoon Anakin

76.7%
  2. No - Like Hayden better

23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Someone should dub Hayden with Latner in a fan edit.

And yea, through micro Anakin in with Latner too.. though I thought the whole "master, I know you don't think I am ready for an assignment of my own.. BUT I am the best pilot in the order.." thing in the microseries somewhat cringe worthy, quite clear they were still sticking with whiny Anakin until Volume II.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    That's character development, CW Anakin wasn't knighted until episode 21.

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Prefer Latner over Hayden, only because I think he's so good at showing the different aspects of Anakin. Hayden was good for the script and story he got but overall Latner is better.

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I have to hands down give the credit to Matt Lanter's Anakin. This Anakin is also written better, and the intera tons with other characters just seem a lot smoother and more natural.

Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Wow, didn't expect such a landslide. *sob* I'm sorry, Hayden, I'm sorry!

6. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW Anakin, there is no contest here.

Prequel Anakin makes my eyes bleed.

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    You should probably get that looked at.

8. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I voted TCW Anakin. I don't dislike PT Anakin, the problem is that the movies are kind of like bookends; we see him as a kid then whiny teen then turn to the darkside. TCW is showing us the "good man" that Obi-wan talked about in the OT.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, he's raked in enough money that I doubt he gives a **** at this point.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    For real though I'm Hayden.

It's kinda weird, cuz I make all these comments about not liking myself to throw off the scent, but I really don't like myself.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well hello there. I once scared the hell out of everyone in an Internet cafe in London with my reaction to a picture of you shirtless.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Matt Lanter would be way hotter shirtless. <3

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Hayden's hotter.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I thought Hayden was a Canadian, technically he should be colder :p

MistrX likes this.
  15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

That's a good one, Jack.

KED12345 likes this.
  16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Thanks, I've been growing a beard for Episode VII.

17. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Literally.

[​IMG]

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This thread has made me think of the only good scene that scene in the Roman hotel room in "Jumper," in which CT Hayden strips down to his boxers.

We only get shirtless cartoon Anakin in the microseries.

19. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    How did I know that this whole Anakin vs Anakin thing would eventually come down to who's hotter.... smh

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I prefer Lanter's take on Anakin. When TCW Anakin gets angry he has more of a presence and less of a "waah, but I want more power noooooooow!" attitude.

I thought Hayden did well enough in ROTS, but TCW Anakin is what Anakin should have been like in AOTC. Instead Lucas seemed to go out of his way to make the character unlikeable. And not in a "ooooo he's just so evil and this is foreshadowing Vader" kind of unlikeable, but just a downright whiny, like nails on a chalkboard unlikeable.

21. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I like TCW!Anakin, but I like Hayden's portrayal of Anakin better, if that makes sense. As a character, TCW!Anakin is better because he's written that way. If PT!Anakin were written like he is now, Hayden still could've pulled it off. I just don't enjoy watching Matt Lanter as Anakin.

And I'm still bitter about the fact that TCW!Anakin looks more like Lanter than Christensen while every other character looks like their PT counterparts.

22. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I voted TCW Anakin. Don't get me wrong, I'm a MOJOR Prequel Fan, and I love Hayden's performence on AOTC and ROTS, but in the clone wars you get to see more of him, and see him evolve over the course of the series. And get to see how it impacts his decisions in the movies. We don't have to explain his bad side as much, cause we know it.

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    AOTC is about the inexperienced padawan, TCW is about the knighted Jedi who experienced a few battles already.

24. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Personally have to go with TCW Anakin for the same reasons everyone else is using. I really really really wish they hadn't done Episode 1, and just made a clone wars movie to allow this sort of friendly personality to show through. Would have made his fall a lot more tragic if he were actually ever likable in the movies (I never felt he was).

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I disagree. TCW isn't about one thing. It's about the Clones learning to be individuals, Ahsoka growing up under a Master that can't let go of attachments, Obi-Wan dealing with the fallout of actions(primarily bisecting Maul on Naboo), and people trying their best to stay out of the war and yet failing to do so. Its about more than that, really. We may follow Anakin and Obi-Wan a lot more compared to most characters but if you think about it, the story arcs aren't usually about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.