main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gentle Giant Jumbo Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Feb 23, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Gentle Giant's new range of Jumbo Action figures has been revealed. Head over to Rebelscum to see the story and a pic of the Gamorrean Guard cardback with all 40 figures.

The Fetts might interest me - depends on what the final figures look like.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I might pick up Zuckuss and 4-LOM, mainly to round out my collection. I haven't been collecting the jumbo figures. They're neat, but they're not something I've been particularly after. The scale doesn't necessarily work for me, same with the articulation (or lack thereof). My toys tend to see more action than being posed somewhere or displayed in the package.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I haven't picked these up either because they're sort of meant to be kept in the package. As a deboxer that doesn't appeal to me. They're also MASSIVE.

I do have one on pre-order, it's the GG PGM exclusive brown snake Yoda. When I saw Yoda pop up, I had to have him, he was always one of my favorite figures as a kid. If they'd ever get around to making a Cloud City Leia I'd pick her up too...well and any Leias for that matter. I would like to hunt down the ANH version. But the Cloud City Leia is a must considering there's never been a 12" version of her wearing that outfit EVER for any collectible - well not one that got mass produced anyways.

If they get around to the ewoks I'll probably snag them too...and maybe Yak Face. *Sigh* I'm hopeless :p

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, as a deboxer, that's a turn-off for me, too. But, still... to round out a collection... I would be very tempted...

Hell if I know where I'd display the buggers, though!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I've got the same display issue. Too many figures (and books!) and not enough room.

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am looking forward to this line. I wonder how much they will be.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Umm they've been out for a while they run new around $65-70 each. If you're a Premium Guild member you get access to exclusives.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    At that price those Fetts better be pretty nice. Otherwise I will pass.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Ooh, ouch. That's a bit more than I planned to spend on something I'd end up keeping in the package. I'd rather use that money towards Sideshow's payment plan for a figure with so much more articulation and costuming details that it would make me salivate.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, if I was going to spend that much I'd probably get one of the Koto Fetts that I don't have yet.

TrakNar likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I don't quite understand the pricing. I've got my Yoda on pre-order, when I get it I'll give him a good look-over to see whether they're worth the price or not. I've seen some of them in person in package but never out of package so I don't know the quality of the plastic used to make them. Are they plastic or polystone? I have no idea.

12. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    PLJ, they are made of plastic (The GG website says they're "...made of durable plastic..." and are "...injection molded...").

I've been really tempted by this line, but I held off because I know they'd be like potato chips; I couldn't stop at one. @ $65 a pop I just can't afford to get hooked on these.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I kinda figured Polystone would rip through the plastic bubbles. I can see where they'd be easy to become a "must have every one of them" type of line. I mostly really want whatever Leias come out because there really are too few of them in 12" scale of any kind - the big ANH white one doesn't overly interest me - I'd rather see ones done from Empire and Jedi.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New premium guild Membership exclusive w/ membership gift announced today:

[​IMG]

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    ^ You see that's what I mean :p!

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Resealable packages, eh? Well... that's a perk. The price tag still scares me away, though. However, the original Zuckuss figure did have a good bit of soft goods manufacturing...

I can't afford to get hooked on these things. The problem is I really like how plastic toys smell.

17. lukehu

lukehu Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    This is what I got from the mail recently. Can you believe that?

[​IMG]

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    You must tell us how he smells. Does he have that pleasing plastic smell? I love that plastic smell.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that Gentle Giant have released information on remaining figures for 2013. This includes shipping dates and edition sizes. Head over to Rebelscum for the story and an image of the list. Note that the list includes non-SW items as well.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I am still very heavily debating on whether or not I want to start getting any of these figures. It may simply come down to needing to be a completist.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Yoda was supposed to be confirmed today but I didn't get a notification on him. He should be shipping this week.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Looks like they were a week late, my Yoda should be shipping probably tomorrow!

TrakNar likes this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just to torment TrakNar - I give you jumbo Zuckuss Pre-order!

I remember getting this figure as a mail-away when he was called 4-LOM.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My buddy gave me a heads up on this one, but I hadn't checked it out yet. Yep, sadly it's going to be cheaper to get this than the 3 3/4" original. At least initially.