main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW S5E19 commentary thread (Spoiler alert) Gee thanks!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bliss000, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bliss000

Bliss000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    commentary is up on Star Wars.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Guys, the culprit is obviously Maul's lower body. His legs were attached to Adi Gallia's torso and Satine's head. Case closed.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Filoni essentially confirming it's Barriss in the commentary.

4. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    They officialy anounced it was Bariss.

I still wonder where Luminara is all the time. It seems she does not care about Bariss. I think Unduli knew it, sensed it, but just did not accept it and played three monkeys..

[​IMG]

Bariss getting so pissed and frustrated about Luminara, running around and choping people like vegetables.

EDIT

DAMN, got beaten!

Paparazzo and earlchinna like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Say. WHAT????

Oh god ****ing dammit. **** this **** all the way to hell. Absolute ****ing morons.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Personally, I'm going to wait to see her motive before flying off the handle. Oh don't worry, the storm's definitely coming.

BlenderWars likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Get ready for a last minute, screaming Scooby Doo style motive, if we're given any at all.

fistofan1 likes this.
  8. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Sorta reminds me of General Krell (funny seeing as they mentioned him in Sabotage). If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck you can be damned sure it's a duck on this show.

9. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Except Barriss sure never walked or talked like a terrorist bomber.

Coric, JackG, Darth_Pevra and 2 others like this.
  10. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Mystery isn't SW's strong suit by any means.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  11. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    QFT.

12. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    They're going to remove Asajj's helmet and reveal it was Letta, then pull off a mask of Letta's head to reveal it was actually Barriss. She would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Ashoka.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Nah, I'm just kidding.

THIS IS AN EGREGIOUS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE DAVID FAILONI YOU SIR ARE A COVETOUS SNIDGE AND YOU SHOULD JOLLY WELL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR APPROVING THIS TRAVESTY

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    So hilarious I might actually approve.

15. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    LFL really needs to fit him with a muzzle. He obviously can't be trusted to keep anything secret.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well most of the time his answers to questions are "I can't say" so it's a mixed bag.

17. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Ima-Gun Di and Admiral Dao beg to differ. :p

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    So I just suffered through five minutes of Failoni. Wish I knew to skip the first three or four minutes.

Midnight Cowboy pretty much just says "It's good that some of you have accepted it, for the rest of you, too bad."

His attitude suggests this is was done for shock value, not for something as trivial as a reasonable progression of a character.

Their attitude toward this show can be very frustrating.

Theo333, JackG, GunganSlayer and 3 others like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If the show had built up anything that might lead to a motive, I'd be OK with it.

But we haven't really seen Barriss since season 2--am I right or have I missed something? She went bad then because a worm went up her nose. Anakin choked Poggle into revealing that freezing the worms kills them--that worked, the last we saw of Barriss was that she was unconscious .

Are we supposed to assume that she still had one of those damn worms in her brain? Even that wouldn't make sense, because why didn't she attack anything between season 2 and now? Brain tissue took that long to rewarm the worm and make it active again?

Being disgruntled with the war doesn't work for me as a motive either, because as I mentioned in another thread, Barriss is hardly the only one and disgruntled with the war does not lead to blowing up one's friends. But then again, this is Star Wars, and being afraid that one's wife is going to die should not lead to choking one's wife either, young Skywalker.

Maybe I read too much into it but Filoni's attitude at the end really pissed me off. "Some of you have figured out who the villain and have accepted it, others are going to have a hard Saturday." We're supposed to "accept it"--why? Because he says so? Nope. I can accept anyone turning into a villain, I could even accept Obi-Wan ****ing Kenobi turning into a villain...if the story actually worked. Tell me a story that gives Barriss a plausible motive. You have 22 minutes, because I haven't seen a damn thing yet.

And I'm not optimistic. Tell me I should be. Please. I'd love to have a different outlook on this.

20. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    If it is Barriss this really will shake Ahsoka whole view on who to trust with the betrayal from her one most closest friend, and if Anakins does kill Barriss I wonder If this will cause a rift between them?

BlenderWars likes this.
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    "I'm tired of this war. I'm going to go blow up the home I grew up in."

Let me try again.

"The Jedi need to stop fighting this war, it's wrong. We're using clones as slaves. I should go blow up the Jedi Temple, killing Jedi and clones in the process, even a Jedi I'm apparently fond of. That will get the Council's attention and they'll pull out of this war."

Sounds legit.

I know, I know. The dark side did it.

Let's think of more and post them here.

07jonesj, BlenderWars, fett 4 and 4 others like this.
  22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    "It's my time of the month which means I'm prone to irrational thoughts hey let's blow up the Jedi Temple"

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "I stripped down to my underwear in The Approaching Storm and Anakin didn't even notice. I've been pissed about that for years. Blowing up the Temple should help me let out some rage."

fistofan1, Coric, 07jonesj and 4 others like this.
  24. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    "By framing a jedi for a terrorist attack that kills clones, the Senate will force the Jedi out of the war. That framed jedi will be an unsung hero who saved the order by their sacrifice. I will frame my best friend, and by this make her the hero who saves the order, even if I'm the only one who ever recognizes it."

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I got it.

"Don't get me wrong...Luminara is a great mentor, as wise as Master Kenobi and as powerful as Master Skywalker. I am truly thankful to be her apprentice. Only...in some ways...a lot of ways... she doesn't really care about me. Not the way Master Skywalker cares about Ahsoka. I'm jealous! I just want her to love me! But she feels that I'm getting too attached. She won't let me in!

It's all Luminara's fault! She's pushing me back! I'm going to blow up the Temple, and frame Ahsoka. If I can't have a Master's love....*imperial march*....then no one can."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.