main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Time travelling?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Braxus, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    Well I don't think so, but you're entitled to your opinion. Peace!

2. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Don't reply. That is exactly what he wants.

Braxus and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    Well, the primal principle of these forums is probably to post, reply and discuss different ideas and topics, but these last pages of messages have been outrageously low and off topic. I'll follow your lead and try avoid responding from now on. Peace!

4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    No you must keep posting and replying. I couldn't get by without the inside spoilers you provide us with.

To be honest, I think you might be Terry Bolea?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    No, I'm not, but the hulkster could probably confirm Jim Hellwig has been approached for that super mutant thing on Byss I mentioned earlier. Hulk and Warrior have this online feud going on at the moment and I guess uncle Terry is jelous.

StoneRiver likes this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    More.
    I need more.

7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm not sure if I've posted this already, but I actually wouldn't mind time-travel being explored in Star Wars more. Technically, its already happened in the EU. However, I think it should stay in the EU. The writers of Episode VII shouldn't make big risks such as including time-travel in the storyline. This movie is simply too big to polarize the Star Wars fanbase like The Phantom Menace did and the concept of time-travel has almost always been a polarizing issue in various fandoms. Furthermore, I don't want to hear idiotic remarks like "JJ raped my childhood!" after the movie is released. I've seen enough of that.

8. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Ah ha! So this is where all the negative energy is being generated that is spilling over into the Darth Plagueis thread... [:D]

Dra--- and Lord Optimus like this.
  9. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    So...what's the point of this thread exactly? Time Travel in the ST and super-mutants all absolutely confirmed by people involved in 'Pro' wrestling??
    Is that it? And said wrestlers are engaged in a heated debate on the inter-webs? I sure hope Lucasfilm and DIsney can sort all this out before filming begins.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This. Just, wow, man. That's certainly not the way to earn my respect.

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I really don't think you should all be taking this so seriously and getting so worked up about it hahah.
    I mean...look at all that "info" - it's pure comedy gold! The man's a genious :p

12. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I thought Kitster was Boba Fett? :confused:

Braxus and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    This isn't exactly movie continuity, of course, but in one of the Han Solo novels, it's mentioned that the Millennium Falcon flies past a cluster of black holes (a region known as "The Maw") while making the Kessel Run.

14. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    timetravel in Star Wars?

[​IMG]

princessnikki likes this.
  15. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    First of all I ask for forgiveness for that spelling error up there, english isn't my native language so I kind of struggle with the words sometimes. Second: You would do the thread some good if you did quote the whole argument before you went to attack. This guy, claiming he's a journalist, said I need to spoil my sources and tell him my real name. Quite frankly I couldn't care less whether (!) this guy believes me or not, but for me it was an absurd statement, certainly when coming from somebody in the business. And that was the whole point of that quoted sentence. Peace!

16. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I nominate with thread for sticky.

Kudos to Braxus for developing a relationship with someone who has insider access, that's pretty exciting stuff. The JC Forums are lucky to have you on the cutting edge of all things Star Wars.

...So Braxus your secret inside official sources have officially confirmed to you officially that Episode VII will take place at a time immediately following Jedi, thus leading you to conclude that in order to account for how old the actors who will play the principals have become, their characters may travel back in time.

Are you able to share with us if your secret inside official sources have shared anything else with you regarding the basics of the plot?

17. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    I wouldn't mind.

You're welcome.

I can't seem to remember ever mentioning anything regarding the officialness of my sources. I just told you what I've heard.

I've already shared everything I know at the moment. You, on the other hand, should get your ass out of the sofa and start working on double checking the Jim Hellwig scoop for instance - surely you have some sources who could clear that one for you? Then you may capitalize on the story. Peace!

18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You don't need to be my forgiveness for anthything, least of all a spelling error. Fixing it is just common practice. I certainly meant no offense.

As for the rest of your post, I know what your point was, but starting things off by saying that whether you're telling the truth or making things up doesn't matter, is what it is. There's no getting around those words. Stop and consider the greater discussion at hand and then try to tell me that you're doing the thead any good yourself by throwing around blanket statements like that.

Come on, man. When you show up here and start a thread in which you claim to have inside knowledge originating from unnamed sources, the burden of proof falls to you. Since you are unwilling to offer anything verifiable concerning your sources, your word is the only thing we are left with and any benefit of the doubt you may have been given is thrown out the window thanks to your own words. What would you have us say? If the shoe were on the other foot, what would you say?

19. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    Like I said to the other guy, I just tell you things I've heard. It's you and the other guy who keep on saying my sources are inside this and official that. They may be inside this and official that, and if they were I would protect them naturally, but the point is I just want to discuss Star Wars and different ideas. I came in peace, but it seems all hell break loose so I'll consider leaving for the time being.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think you should re-check my posts, then, as I've never described your sources as "inside/official"-anything. The only thing I ever asked of you was if you could tell us more about your sources and you never responded.

No, I've only described your sources as "unverifiable" and the only reason that they are unverifiable is because you have chosen to keep them that way. Frankly, I don't care either way if you protect your sources or start name-dropping like it's going out of style. Consider leaving if it makes you feel any better. That's great. I've certainly not meant to cause you any undue upset, but again, in the end, it makes no difference to me. Stay as long as you like. Just don't ask me to believe a word you have to say until you have a leg to stand on.

edit: Just for matters of staying factual, I did also describe your sources as "unnamed." Of course, "unnamed" and "unverifiable" ultimately serve to make the same point in our discussion.

21. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    In message #143 you just said I came in here and claimed I have inside knowledge, which I clearly did not in the sense that I never claimed my sources were inside. Maybe it's a language barrier here, I don't know. Anyway: My respond to your question is as follows: I can't tell you anything about my sources.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm being very patient with you because, as you say, there may be a language issue. I said you were claiming to have inside knowledge, which, of course, is exactly what you are claiming to have. Information of the sort you presented would only be known by a very few at this time. I'm sorry if you've misunderstood.

I never described your sources as "inside" because, frankly, I don't believe for a moment that your sources are, in fact, "inside" anything (other than, perhaps, your imagination).

24. Braxus

Jul 8, 2001
    Well, you'll have to put your faith in that reporter guy then. He will surely soon confirm that Jim Hellwig has been approached to play this super mutant from Byss. Thanks for being patience with my bad english. Peace!

25. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    If you have knowledge, it is insider knowledge. If your source is giving you insider knowledge it means your source is an insider. Don't get cold feet now, Braxus. If you are going lie this brazenly, you have to at least pretend that you think we are stupid enough to believe what you are saying and keep up the charade, otherwise, what fun are you?

StoneRiver likes this.