main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destination: Naboo L/M, H/L, and a few surprises - Epilogue 03/09/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Piece by piece the puzzle is formed.

There is something very sweet about this story. :)

Jedi_Liz and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    It's an interesting thing when the whispers of truth turn out to be the answer, isn't it? And is that Dex's Diner with a different name?

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I figured Luke always told Mara to trust in the Force, so she's tossing it back at him, to tell him he should use his own advice....since it usually works.

I've got 4 nieces and 3 nephews....and when all seven are together....it is definitely chaotic! I figured the Solo household would be as well, especially with three force sensitive children.

Thank You. The puzzle pieces are finally coming together...but will they be able to fit them in correctly?

Never thought of it being Dex's Diner....I suppose it could have been. Who would think Garm would listen to gossip? ;)

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Chapter 5 – Sharing and Planning

When Luke and Mara arrived at Han and Leia's usually chaotic apartment, they found that it was quieter than usual. Jaina was sitting at the big table where they would eat, drawing what Luke supposed was X-Wings. Jacen was sitting across from her, drawing his favorite thing – animals. The tranquil environment was quite unusual so Luke had asked Han about it. “Leia promised the kids their favorite dessert if they behaved. I can't explain why they are being so good, though, unless she was offering them a bribe.”

Anakin toddled into the kitchen. “Pesche, dada?” Han ruffled his youngest son's hair. “After dinner, buddy.”

After dinner, Leia and Luke went into the living room to discuss their findings. “So, what did Mon Mothma tell you?”

“She knew a woman named Padme that was Senator of Naboo. She disappeared under strange circumstances and when she returned, she was deceased.”

Luke was silent for a moment. “Anything else?”

“Before the Clone Wars begun, she was the target of assassins. She was against a piece of legislation called the Military Creation act. I couldn't find much out about it in the archives....must have been removed by Palpatine. And I forgot to ask Mon any specifics. Due to this, though, eventually she was assigned a Jedi protector. Mon wasn't sure what the Jedi's name was.”

'”Hmmm.”

“Does this match what Garm told you?”

“Garm didn't mention the Military Creation act, but he did say she was a signer of the Petition of 2000. And he also gave me a bit of interesting information – but told me it was just a rumor and he wasn't sure if it was correct or not. He said there was a rumor that a man in Jedi robes was seen leaving her apartment in the early hours of the morning, right around the time the Clone Wars began.”

“You don't suppose - ?”

Luke nodded, “I have my suspicions that this was indeed fact, but because of her status as a single woman in the Senate, no one exposed her.”

“I don't know much about Naboo culture, but if it was anything like Alderaan, being pregnant and unwed....she would have been humiliated by being asked to step down from the Senate, and if she had siblings, parents, etc, they would have been shunned.”

“What do you want to do next?” Leia asked

“I think we should go to Naboo.” Luke answered.

“Unfortunately, I can't just take off-” Leia was interrupted by the buzzing of the penthouse's door bell. Han, carrying Anakin, went to answer it. “Special delivery for Counselor Organa Solo.” The boy at the door announced.

“Thanks.” Han said, taking the two flimsy that were handed to him. He punched a few buttons on the keypad, giving the young delivery boy a tip. The boy looked down at the amount, grinned and tipped his hat in thanks. Han pressed the button to slide the door shut again. He put Anakin on the floor and walked to the couch where his wife and brother in law were sitting.

“Here Leia, these are for you.”

“That's strange, I wasn't expecting anything -” she started to frown, but after she read the two flimsy completely, she started to grin.

“Luke, I think we're going to Naboo.”

-----
    @Jade_eyes @Briannakin @DaenaBenjen42 @KELIA @Hazel @JediMaster_Jen

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! :D :D Love the pacing and how the clues keep unfolding. =D=

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah! Lets go to Naboo. :D

7. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Cool

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    The clues are about to be solved.

(To the tune of "Let's go to the Movies from ANNIE): Lets Go to Naboo, Lets go see Naboo....

Thanks

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Chapter 6 – Naboo

Leia handed Luke the flimsy in answer to his confused look. “Luke, take a look at this!”

On the first flimsy was a copy of a request from a Pooja Naberrie, requesting planetary admission into the New Republic. Below it, Mon Mothma had written a personal note saying that here was Leia's opportunity to research the woman named Padme further. The second flimsy contained the whole list of senators that had signed the Petition of 2000. In bold was the name PADME AMIDALA NABERRIE of Naboo.

“Is it possible they are related?” Luke inquired, handing the flimsy back to his sister.

“It could be.”

“How soon do you think Han could have the Falcon ready?”

“If Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara can help take the kids to the park or zoo tomorrow, so he can have the time to work on it, probably the day after.”

//Mara, would you like to help take Leia's kids to the Park or Zoo tomorrow//

//The Park. Weren't they already at the zoo a few days ago?//

“We can help you out by taking the kids to the park tomorrow.”

Two Days Later.....

Luke and Mara, with R2D2, arrived early at the docking bay where Han kept the Falcon.

“So, what are you doing with the kids?” he asked Leia, who was waiting by the entrance to the ship.

“Winter and Tycho offered to take care of them. We won't be gone more than a week is what Han thinks.”

“Did you make contact with their government? Did you find out who this Pooja Naberrie is?”

“She is their former senator from before the Imperial Senate was dissolved. Now she is their Prime Minister, the Senior Adviser to their current queen. It was actually at the Queen's insistence that Pooja request admission into the New Republic. They want to repent for past problems.”

“Problems?”

“Apparently, Emperor Palpatine was from Naboo.”

A gasp was heard behind them.

“Mara, are you okay? Do you need to lie down?”

“No, no... I guess I didn't realize that Palpatine really was from Naboo. I had heard rumors when I...you know...but it was never spoken about.”

They walked up the ramp and into the lounge area. Mara settled down into her favorite seat, near the holo-chess board. Artoo Detoo rolled up and plugged in to a nearby socket. He twittered something, but Luke was unsure of what he was actually saying.

Leia gave Han the coordinates to the planet Naboo as well as a code to transmit so they would get permission to land.

Then she sat back in thought as the Falcon went into lightspeed. What would she expect on Naboo? Was Pooja a relative? Were there any other possible relatives still living on Naboo?

After awhile, she went into the lounge where Luke and Mara were sitting. Mara was playing a game of Holo Chess against Artoo Detoo.

She spoke to her brother.

“Leia, you'll do fine. You've got great diplomatic skills. Remember how you convinced the people of Bakura to help us fight those aliens?”

Leia nodded. That had been a real test, since Bakura had been an Imperial world. She didn't know much about Naboo. Mon had set up an appointment for her to meet with Pooja and she would have to take it from there. She just hoped everything would work out.

Han came into the lounge and joined his wife, brother in law and Mara. He watched the game, remembering one from years before, when Artoo had played against Chewbacca. “We'll probably be at Naboo in a few hours. Are you doing okay, Leia?”

“Yes. Do you have the code ready for transmitting before we land?”

Hey, its ME.” Han said, trying to look insulted.

Artoo Detoo made a move and Mara frowned. How was that possible? He twittered gleefully and rolled away from the chess board, making another sound, one that sounded like gloating.

“I think I'm going to rest before we land.” Mara excused herself and went to the cabin she and Luke would share.

Before too long, the hyperspace exit beep started to sound and Han excused himself.

“Unidentified ship, please transmit code for landing”

Han transmitted the code he and Leia had received from the Naboo government, courtesy of Mon Mothma.

“Thank you. You may land in Docking Bay AA23. It is located approximately 30 degrees to the west of your current coordinates. Enjoy your stay.”

Han entered the coordinate that the planetary security had transmitted to them and the Falcon made its way to the landing platform.

“So, Leia, where are we staying?" He asked his wife as he guided the ship towards the spot where he had been directed to land.

“Mon Mothma got us a two bedroom suite with living room area, at the Theed City Grand Hotel. Tonight we can rest up, order some dinner and tomorrow I have my meeting with the Prime Minister.”

“So, what do you expect Luke, Mara and I to do while you are gone?” He landed the ship expertly as he spoke.

Leia got up to go to the lounge area. “Take in the culture, the beauty, you know, the usual.”

“Well, at least we know the Naboo people won't try to separate us by suggesting Luke go look at a tapestry and I go shopping at a market.”

Leia made a face. “You won't let that go, will you?” She walked back to the lounge area. Luke and Mara were sitting together, quietly talking.

“What time is your meeting tomorrow, Leia?”

“10:00 AM.”

“I heard you talking to Han. Do you need Mara or I to be nearby in case there's trouble?”

“Well, I am going to ask Han to leave his comlink on in case I make a connection with Pooja that goes deeper than planetary representative and new republic representative.”

Luke nodded. He understood Leia's meaning: in case she's actually FAMILY.

“I'm not sure where the Hotel is that we are staying at, so we'd better see if we can find a speeder hiring service.” Han said, coming into the lounge.

“Good idea, Han.” Leia nodded at him, then went back to their cabin to grab their luggage.

Luke followed her so he could grab his and Mara's from their cabin.

As they walked down the landing ramp, Leia going first, they were amazed at the beauty of the planet. In the distance, Leia spotted a waterfall that made her catch her breath and brought back bittersweet memories of growing up on Alderaan.

Luke and Mara followed her while Han was last, as he was the one that would lock the ship. “There's a speeder hiring station, let's go.”

They followed Han and soon they were at the hotel and resting in their two bedroom suite, with plans to order in dinner.

As Leia rested on the bed she and Han were sleeping in, she wondered what tomorrow would bring.

----
    Hazel, DaenaBenjen42, Briannakin, KELIA, Jade_eyes

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh! Interesting. I can't wait to see what the meeting brings.

at least we know the Naboo people won't try to separate us by suggesting Luke go look at a tapestry

[face_laugh]That made me think of Indiana Jones and I started laughing really hard at the thought of replacing Indiana and that girl in that scene with Luke and a pregnant Mara.

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Time to meet the cousin :D not that they know that, but they will. Right?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the H/L focus & totally understand Leia's nervousness about her meeting with Pooja, on a purely personal level.

13. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update

14. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    They're going to Naboo! Yay!!! (Though doesn't Leia already know Pooja because they were senators together? Am confused.)

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I think you'll start to get your answers in Chapter 7.

Thanks!

I think Leia would be nervous meeting any new prime minister or leader.

For that answer....well, I can't say

Actually that was a reference to Heir to the Empire

There are two chapters left and then a small epilogue.

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Chapter 7 – The Meeting

Leia awoke bright and early to shower and fix her hair for the meeting. After dressing in her simple yellow dress, she fixed her hair with curls along each side, cascading down towards her shoulders. She checked her chrono and saw that it was time to leave. She needed to hire a speeder to take her to the government district where the Prime Minister's office was located.

Slipping out of the suite, she sighed in relief that she hadn't woken her husband, brother or sister in law.

Stepping lightly, she gazed around the city square that the hotel was located in. It really did remind her of Alderaan. It also made her homesick for the first time in years, for her adopted home, that had been destroyed by the Empire so many years before.

After hiring a speeder, she asked to be taken to the Prime Minister's office. The driver merely nodded and she buckled up as he sped off. After arriving, she punched in a generous tip plus the amount for the trip. He grinned and took off.

After making sure her comlink was in her hidden dress pocket, she went to the office's door. She pressed the button at the door and a deep voice came on over the intercom. “Please state your name and business. And if necessary, your code.”

Leia pronounced, “Leia Organa Solo, New Republic Diplomat. I am here to see Prime Minister Pooja Naberrie. Code is 3263827.” The door slid open and the same voice said, “Please proceed down the hallway to room 2187.” Leia did as she was told and walked down the hallway. When she got to the room, she was asked to wait in a plush chair while the secretary went and confirmed the appointment with the Prime Minister.

Before too long, the inner office door was opened and two ladies in hooded gowns; handmaidens Leia assumed, ushered her in.

Pooja Naberrie was sitting at her desk, looking down at a flimsy. Before looking up, she thanked Leia for coming. Then she looked at Leia, dropped her writing instrument and gasped in surprise. “Leia? Senator Leia Organa formerly of Alderaan?”

Leia blinked. “Yes....Do I know you?”

Pooja smiled. “You may not remember me....I was senator for Naboo many years ago, before the Imperial Senate was dissolved.”

Leia had been a senator for only about fifteen months before her capture above Tatooine. She shook her head, “I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I recall your face.”

That is okay, it was many years ago. I see you are here answering our request to join the New Republic.”

Leia nodded and pulled her seat closer to Pooja's desk.

Yes, and as you can see here, since your home was once a member of the Old Republic, this form is merely a formality. We just need your signature and then next month you can hold a special election to elect your counselor, who will be your planet's representative to the New Republic Planetary Senate.”

Pooja nodded and took the form and signed it. Then they shook hands, all while Pooja stared at Leia again, studying her facial features especially.

I'm sorry I keep staring at you, Counselor Organa Solo....” She trailed off.

Please call me Leia, there is no need to be formal.”

Pooja nodded. “You just remind me of someone close to me, who died when I was just a little girl.”

Leia tensed. Was this the moment she and Luke were waiting for?

May I ask who?” Leia gripped the arms of her chair, waiting for Pooja's answer.

----------------

ccp, Jade_eyes, Briannakin, Hazel, DaenaBenjen42

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful =D= Just the right spot to cut it off too ;) :rose;

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Getting closer and closer!!! :D

19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh what a spot to end it at! More soon please!?

Jedi_Liz likes this.
  20. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

Jedi_Liz likes this.
  21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    [face_shhh]

yes, indeed....closer and closer

I'll post the last full chapter on March 1st. At least, that is my plan.

:)

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Chapter 8 - Family Reunion!

“My Aunt Padme. She had beautiful brown hair and I remember her wearing her hair in curls like you are, one time when she was visiting. I remember her protector, a Jedi named Anakin Skywalker.”

Leia gripped the arms of her chair even harder when she heard the name Anakin Skywalker.

“When was she protected by a Jedi?”

“I don't remember all the details, as I was only about three years old. I remember the name because he had the cutest droid with him.”

“A droid?”

“A little astro droid. Named Artoon Detoo.”

The name of Luke's Astro droid did it. She had to reveal their connection. “Pooja, I need to tell you something. You may not believe me, though.”

“What is it?” Pooja looked at her apprehensively.

“Your Aunt was my mother.”

Pooja shook her head. “That can't be possible....I can vaguely recall her funeral...she was pregnant, but they told us the baby died with her.”

Leia shook her head. “Let me explain what happened. This is what I have been able to piece together. Padme and Anakin fell in love. A few years later, Padme discovered she was pregnant.”

Pooja held her hand up. “I do remember my mother teasing her about her “beau” but Aunt Padme denied it and said he was just her protector.”

“Well, sometime after they left Naboo, they fell in love. And she became pregnant right before the end of the Clone Wars. All my brother and I...”

Pooja interrupted. “Wait, you have a brother?”

“She was pregnant with twins.”

Pooja stared at her with surprise. “This is a most interesting development. I need to introduce you to my mother Sola, whom would be your Aunt.”

Leia smiled, “That would be great. Let me contact my husband and brother.” She stepped outside of the office and pulled out her comlink. “There's been an interesting development. Meet me at the Prime Minister's office.”

She stepped back into the office and sat down. “I contacted my husband. He and my brother should be along shortly. The only thing is, without an appointment they won't be able to get into the building.”

Pooja nodded. “We can go out and meet them ourselves and then we can go to my mother's house. I know she would love to meet both of you.”

“I know this is a weird question....but did my mother also have handmaidens?”

Pooja smiled, “Yes. It was a security measure implemented when she was elected queen. I wasn't born yet then, but my mother does have a few memories of when Aunt Padme was Queen Amidala of Naboo.”

Leia was astonished. “Wait, my mother was elected Queen of Naboo?”

Pooja nodded, “Yes. It was when she was fourteen. She served two terms. Then she had wanted to retire and eventually marry and start a family, but the people here loved her so much, they elected her Senator.”

“My mother can tell you a little more about that time. The Naboo people have a deep regret that The Emperor came from our planet.” Pooja shuddered.

Leia stood up. “My brother and husband are waiting outside. “

Pooja led the way outside, followed by a handmaiden and her security officer. Once outside, Leia introduced Luke and Han to her. “This is our cousin Pooja.”

“It is so nice to meet the both of you.” Pooja said, shaking Han's hand first. Then as she started to shake Luke's hand, she exclaimed, “You look like your father....wow.”

Luke gave Leia a {questioning} look and she sent him a force nudge that everything would fall into place in a little while.

A large enclosed speeder pulled up and Pooja's handmaiden and security officer got in the front. Then Pooja climbed in, followed by Leia, Han and Luke.
    Luke informed his sister that Mara had decided to go shopping and would meet them later.

After a short trip through the countryside, they came upon a small villa only accessible by water. “That's Varykino. I spent many summers there with my grandparents during school holidays. My family still owns it."

At the word “grandparents” both Luke and Leia perked up, and turned to inquire of their cousin, “Are they...?”

Pooja shook her head sadly. “No, unfortunately they died when I was still a young woman. They never got over Aunt Padme's sudden death.”

After a few more minutes, the speeder stopped at a modest looking home. “Here we are. My mother lives here. Let me go in first so I can explain what is going on.” Pooja made her way to her mother's modest Villa, escorted by a handmaiden and her chief of security.

“Mother? Its me, Pooja!”

An elderly woman in her early seventies came to the door.

“Pooja!” She said, hugging her daughter. Then Sola noticed that there were some visitors waiting in the speeder. “Are you going to invite your guests in?”

“Yes, mother, but I need to explain about them first.” Without giving away the true identities of Luke and Leia, she explained that the New Republic had responded to their request to rejoin as a member planet. The woman in the speeder was the dignitary that had been sent and the two men with her were her husband and brother.

“Well, please invite them in.” She directed her daughter.

Pooja motioned for them to join her.

Luke fingered his lightsaber, wondering if it would cause any pain for the elderly woman to see it. He decided to keep it attached to his belt like always and followed Leia and Han. The villa was furnished modestly. Family holos were displayed with pride on the wall and one side table. The elderly woman greeted them kindly, shaking Han's hand first, then with trembling hands shook Leia and Luke's hands. She especially gripped Leia's hand. “You....you look just like my little sister Padme.” The woman said, her voice shaking. She stared at Luke and down at the lightsaber that hung from his belt. “I thought the Jedi were almost extinct! And you resemble my sister's Jedi protector from many years ago. She turned to her daughter, who grabbed her mother's arm to steady her and led her to a chair.

“How can this be?” She continued to stare at Luke and Leia, while at the same time motioning them to sit down on the couch nearest to her.

Leia spoke first. “Padme was married to her Jedi protector. His name was Anakin Skywalker.”

Sola shook her head. “I may be an old woman, but even I know that marriage was forbidden for a Jedi, though I do remember teasing my sister about her “beau” and her denying it, saying he was only her bodyguard, assigned to her so she could be kept safe during the time when she was opposing that awful Military Creation Act.”

Leia placed a hand on her aunt's arm.

“Sola, do you recall anything about your sister's funeral? Anything unusual?”

Sola closed her eyes. They popped open and she turned to Leia and said, “Yes....she did look pregnant...but....I don't know why she would hide such a thing....unless it had to do with our culture here regarding single women and pregnancy.”

Sola went on, “In Naboo culture, it is basically taboo for a woman to be pregnant and unmarried. If what you say is really true, than my sister would have done all she could to hide her pregnancy. Otherwise, she would have been dismissed from the Republic Senate and sent back to Naboo. Our family would have been shunned.”

Leia nodded. “I was raised on Alderaan. We had something similar in my adoptive culture.”

“I do recall something else....my grandmother helped to prepare the body. I suspect she knew something we didn't. However, we never got to ask her about it. She was murdered a few months after Padme's funeral.”

Luke and Leia sat stunned for a moment. They looked to their cousin, who nodded.

“Sola....she was made to still look pregnant to hide the fact that she had given birth. Given birth to twins.”

Sola looked at Luke and Leia, her eyes widening. “Then this means.....” She could not say the words.

“Padme was able to name us with her last breath. She died after we were born. To protect us, two Jedi separated us at birth. Leia was adopted by Senator Bail Organa. I was taken to live with my father's stepbrother Owen Lars. After my aunt and uncle's deaths, Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Jedi who had exiled himself to Tatooine to watch over me, took me off of Tatooine to go to Alderaan after we had come upon the message of a beautiful woman from Alderaan asking for help. Leia and I only found out we were brother and sister about nine or ten years ago.”

Leaning on her daughter, Sola stood up and then walked over to a desk in the corner. She dialed in a code on the lock on a drawer and took out a beautifully carved wooden box. She shut the drawer and brought it over to where Luke and Leia were sitting.

“This belonged to Padme. Following her death, her apartment was sealed off, but somehow, bless him, Senator Organa was able to retrieve this and he had it sent to my parents. After their deaths, the box was entrusted to me. I am not sure of the contents, but it belongs to you, since you are Padme's children. Leia, dear, you look so much like Padme.” She handed the box to them and then embraced them.

Luke examined the box first, tears forming in his eyes. P.A.N was carved into the lid.

It was only two days later that Luke, Mara, Leia and Han packed up and were ready to go. Pooja and her sister, Ryoo, whom they had met shortly after their Aunt, met them at the space port to see them off. The box was safely secured in the lounge area of the Millennium Falcon, watched over by two loyal droids, one who had joyously reunited with Pooja a few moments before. Plans were made for an eventual trip back, after Mara gave birth, Luke promised. Then the family went into the ship and prepared for take off.

In the lounge area, Luke and Leia each traced the carved letters representing their mother's full name, Padme Amidala Naberrie. An insight from the Force gave Luke the password – A N G E L, to open it. As the ship went into hyperspace, they carefully opened the box together and examined the long-forgotten contents – a barely worn wedding ring inscribed with FOREVER YOURS – ANAKIN, a braid of human hair and a journal data chip. Each was lovingly preserved. They decided while the journal had obviously been private and not meant for others to read, it would give them insight to their mother's life, the part of her life that their aunt and cousins had never known.

-----------

Hazel, Jade_eyes, ccp, Briannakin KELIA, JediMaster_Jen DaenaBenjen42

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That went well! :)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Love, love that Bail was able to preserve those things. And Pooja sure took that well. Awesome. :)

edit: her name is not "Pooka" :oops: