main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Amazing.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    finally we agree

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Were you really that bored, beezel? So if you disappear then we can insinuate you tried to join Al Qaeda as well?

"That beezel, he must've really wanted those virgins. What?! I'm just living in the real world."

4. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Fixed.

5. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    lol

Point Given likes this.
  6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well aren't we lucky to have you to give us the golden shower of truth then. Put all that nasty and pointless specu-mu-lating to bed, everyone - Beezel is here and he brings the pearly necklace of truth.

8. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    We all have the right to our opinions. I won't stop talking because you don't like it. Deal with it. It sucks that they are gone. It sucks they may be dead. Its life. If you don't like what I have to say then deal with what I say. Don't degrade yourself to yelling and insults. I want them to come back. I want all of this to blow over. Everyone does, but until a body or someone shows up then we can all hope and pray. Speculation is just that speculation, even if its on the negative side.

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    hey guys, i live in The Real World, okay?

*lets woman move into my apartment rent-free in the vain hope of one day sleeping with her*

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you? Or do you want something to blow up?

Sounds like the latter. For shame, beezel.

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The door for speculation was certainly opened a bit by the 'going native' comments and harp's almost surreal baby snatching thoughts (serious, do you think they have the medical equipment necessary to keep a premie born in the 6th month alive in the middle of nowhere in Afghanistan?) But you, beez, pretty much drove a fleet of oil tankers through that opening.

Who knows what JW was thinking. I'd be more likely to believe that he really did go there planning to work for a humanitarian group, and kidded himself into thinking that he had 'connections' with the locals through his first wife. As someone on that other board said, this is a guy who fancied himself a researcher, but didn't even know the regulation for immigration once he got married.

That's another interesting point: given his previous marriage and his role as family spokesman, I doubt INS/Homeland Security was particularly enthused about giving him a green card.

On a more hopeful note, in the Austrian hostage case on Yemen, a ransom message was posted on youtube a few days ago, the first sign of life since Christmas. So there is a chance our Afghan campers are alive and still being held captive and those responsible simply are waiting for an opportune situation to use them.

MrZAP likes this.
  12. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Enough with the bashing and baiting.

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you heard her, guys. wrap it up. jcc's over

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Regardless of the tastelessness of what bezel posted, this thread isn't about beezel and continuing to go on and on about how crazy beezel's posts were will just end up making this thread about bezel (dammit autocorrect, stop removing that second 'e'!!).

So let's stop making beezel the center of attention here. Just move on, everyone.

yankee8255 and SuperWatto like this.
  15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Sure, beezel's thoughts seem a bit out there, but then who among us was floating theories of the Taliban or some other Islamic militant group ripping the child out of Conn and then absconding with it? Who among us said that her and JW may have converted to a fundamentalist version of Islam? Shoot, had anyone other than beezel made that post it wouldn't have received quite the reaction it got.

What was that someone said a while back about casting the first stone?

Edit: Didn't see Jello's post until after I had posted this. This is the last you'll hear from me about that posts and the ones following it.

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    alpacas. i was thinking of alpacas

i guess they're not llamas but w/e

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    In fairness, I said it seemed a remote possibility but that it has happened before (Richard Reid) and that his previous connections made it slightly odd that he happened to be in such a dangerous region. I said I would have thought it completely out of the realm of likelihood if not for his prior connection. However, I believe the person who posted on the websleuths forum with alleged chatlogs stating that Josh didn't convert when he married his first wife and that he basically just did it because he was bored and thought it would be different. That matched with what little I do remember of JW's antics.

But the British blogger who claimed to have seen Josh and Cait alive last doesn't paint this as some humanitarian mission, either. He says Josh convinced him that Afghanistan was safe as long as you weren't in the south near foreign troops, and that he should go because when would he be there again? And that sounds quite plausible and believable to me as well. Mostly, I just wanted to know more and now I feel like I do. So after all that, I really think it comes back to sounding like exactly what it initially seemed -- an insanely naive and reckless decision by someone not entirely mentally stable. And Cait isn't mentioned as having anything to say about it one way or another.

But no, I don't actually blame beezel for wondering if something more unusual was going on because I'm pretty sure a number of us wondered that. Even if he did get a lot of the facts totally wrong (for instance beez, her dad wasn't around to be mad about the marriage; he was killed in a Pakistani military raid of an Al Qaeda compound in 2003), and embellished things in a typically lavish beezel style. I don't really blame his mind for running wild because this wasn't necessarily a normal case.

Debo likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think the objection was to the BS smug tone he adopted, like he had first hand knowledge none of us did. The crazy theories have already popped up in this thread (baby snatching? I, for one, lol'd) but people knew they were theories and presented them as such.

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    what? why are you talking about comic books?

soitscometothis likes this.
  20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Debo: How can you like both of those posts (each with an opposing view)? Make up your mind. :p

Debo likes this.
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Damn straight. And I think it was pretty clear that he was also theorizing, just like everyone else.

What? I get one post about the argument certainly.

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah harpuah i cant find any trustworthy evidence of a white baby trade in the middle east. im sorry but im really curious what you've read that makes you think its a thing

Adam of Nuchtern and Darth Guy like this.
  23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Bizarre circumstances and a wild imagination.

It's possible to look at things from different angles and agree with both sides... actually, that's a trait found in highly intelligent people.

rumsmuggler, Zeta1127, MrZAP and 2 others like this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm assuming a leaked concept for Taken 3; Liam's going to be a father and the foetus is kidnapped into a trade in unborn American babies (that, or Europeans take his luggage at the airport).

Zeta1127, yankee8255 and GenAntilles like this.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.