main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That's the problem, they see TCW as a self-contained story, not a part of a much larger story, which is a hallmark of Star Wars.

Nubbs and instantdeath like this.
  2. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

07jonesj and GGrievous like this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Honestly, Filoni did mention that there will be heated discussions in the summer months. Possibly Barriss' TCW downfall is apart of that.

I think he enjoys messing with people. ;)

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    C'mon--does she look evil to you guys??

[​IMG]

MistrX, Plaristes, Ulicus and 11 others like this.
  5. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe I may have just figured why TCW does what it does. LFL sees it as a self-contained story of what happens between AotC and RotS, hence the radical restructuring of the Clone Wars timeline and general disregard for what happened during the Clone Wars multimedia project and even RotS.

6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    We kind of knew that already. :p

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Probably part of it, yeah. But at this point I can actually see them shaking up the status quo. The season could end on a cliff-hanger with Ahsoka out of the Jedi order.

Actually, that reminds me. We know several episodes were cut from the season to make room for the Young Jedi stuff, including the Rush Clovis arc. Does anyone remember if Ahsoka was in the Clovis arc?

GGrievous likes this.
  8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    @Coop

What you did there.

I see it.

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and CooperTFN like this.
  9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It's got "letter-writing campaign" written all over it, doesn't it? ;)

Side note: I also approve of the Justified GIF.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ahsoka wasn't seen in any of the Clovis arc previews, and was never mentioned to be in them. Regardless, Clovis will likely take place before this in continuity, because it'll probably explain why Cato Neimoidia is engulfed in battle.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    When I said it seemed intentional, I didn't mean in terms of an intentional attack on continuity. I meant it along the lines RF just suggested: to mess with people. It's shocking and unexpected, after all.

Although I am not sure I'd take it as far as a betrayal because it just feels ham-fisted to me, but again, that's because I know the character via the EU (as opposed to the strictly TV audience).

12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This is neither here nor there, but I'd be totally behind Timothy Olyphant playing a smuggler-rogue character in the new movies.

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm behind Timothy Olyphant doing anything, especially if I can squint and pretend it's more Deadwood.

I dunno; I could see them talking about it in terms of younger audiences saddened to see a character they like turn evil, but my read of the video is he's absolutely talking about us. "That's how things go in The Clone Wars" is a reference to altered continuity, not characters turning evil.

14. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    But that's the thing, Barris turning evil is altered continuity.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The assailant is....
    [​IMG]
    Barriss Offee. :rolleyes:

Esg likes this.
  17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    So Coop, the Jedi who wears Hijab blew up the Temple. Unfortunate implication?

Esg likes this.
  18. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    At least they gave her the red lightsabers just to hammer it in a bit more. This show has one chance to get me back for Season 6 - a good motive. If Anakin just follows the bread crumbs and kill her, I'll be ****ed.

Esg likes this.
  20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it that. And just for the record, I'm going to avoid absolute spoilers as long as I can--whatever happens, I want to see the episode with my own eyes before I go to war over it. You guys should try that sometime.

MistrX and DarkEagle like this.
  21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I just hope, Barris won't be a one time villain. If they are radically changing her character, then it shouldn't be wasted on one last appearance.

I think the other blade Anakin is using, is Barris's blue jedi blade.

But i think it would have been interesting if Barris used her jedi blade to fight Anakin, so we could have a blue vs blue duel.

Though maybe if she survives this arc, she will regain her original blade, after all. Or if the writers want her to be the new evil "ventress", they will decide to let her keep the 2 red blades. Maybe because that fits with the whole darksiders using red blade thing. But then again, though almost all of the Sith wield only red blades, and some dark jedi do, there is more of a chance for dark jedi to wield jedi colors instead of red. We already saw this with Krell in TCW. But since he is dead, i think it would be cool to have a dark jedi in TCW that doesn't follow the Sith tradition of using red.

JackG and 07jonesj like this.
  22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    StarWarsFan91 you may want to put some spoiler tags up in your last post, just in case. [face_peace]

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    How do i do that?

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    [ spoiler ] your text here
    [ /spoiler ]

Without the spaces.

25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    When they drop obvious hints in the show and the guy writing it strongly implies it to be true isn't enough proof?