main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW S5E19 commentary thread (Spoiler alert) Gee thanks!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bliss000, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I can't wait for his next public outing. If he's not careful he's going to end up like Casey Hudson and Mac Walters - locked inside Skywalker Ranch by PR, never to emerge again.

Mia Mesharad and 07jonesj like this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Should we send Filoni cupcakes? :p

Honestly, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea by their PR team. I really don't want to hear anything this guy has to say about Star Wars. I no longer care (EDIT: Well, actually, I do obviously care, that's why I'm annoyed), and I no longer have hope that they're going to wrap up Rex and Ahsoka's story in a satisfactory manner.

3. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Aren't we jumping the gun a little bit here guys? We haven't even seen a full clip yet :p

4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I really don't want to watch this episode. That said, I don't watch preview clips. Each episode is about 20 minutes long, what's the point in watching a 2-minute clip?

5. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    It at least in theory gives us an indication of the quality of the episode (namely the pacing). A good preview is not a guarantee of a good episode, but a bad preview is generally pretty indicative.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Pacing isn't this series strong suit, anyhow (I blame it on the 22-minute format myself). I generally go full spoiler-free, but as I say, really not looking forward to this episode. I'm looking for anything, anything, that I can be optimistic about.

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It might be the last episode of TCW, ever.

8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It would be a great shame to end on such a sour note, though the way I'm feeling at the moment I can't say the show doesn't deserve it.

I... I just want it to be better. I just want to enjoy it. :(

9. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    The arc itself has been much better than most. I'm not sure what you've been expecting after all the crappy arcs the last 4 years though. This is a little higher than I generally expect from TCW team, so I'm excited.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Jumping the gun is kinda fun, though.

Coric likes this.
  11. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    Considering the fact that:
    -Rex hasn't died yet
    -Maul still has his little job
    I'm calling that unlikely. Would REALLY look bad.

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The actual quality of the stuff we've seen is good, yeah, but it's all going to fall apart if the murder suspect has no motive, and it doesn't make sense. That looks likely.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Only so I can MST it after I'm done being as pissed off and depressed as I am today.

14. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    Granted ;)
    I was more referring to the people who are getting angry about what hasn't happened, as opposed to laughing at what could

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't know if this is jumping the gun anymore, we have actual 100% confirmation of who the culprit is and no amount of TCW® brand writing can save it from Hindenburging.

16. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    There will be A motive, don't worry. Nobody is going to be satisfied with it, but it will be there. I guarantee it ;)

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Firefly was cancelled and had hundreds of open plot threads. If a show of that caliber can get the axe in the middle of telling a story then so can TCW. :p Never rule out the possibility just because it's in the middle of a story.

18. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Ugh, I'm livid.

Here I was thinking that I'd be earning major money by being Barriss' lawyer whilst she sued y'all for defamation.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    A scooby doo villain motive is not a motive. It's a shallow cop out to satisfy the least caring of your audience.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Or a way to tell your audience that you don't give a rat's ass what they think, which was essentially what Filoni did.

21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    So.. is this going to happen and then have no effect on future episodes with Ahsoka in them?

"Oh! Sorry Ahsoka, it wasn't you, back to the war!"

22. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    A good motive could though :)

Look, the fact of the matter is that nobody on these boards is going to be happy with this last episode given the direction they've chosen to take with it. Lets face it, TCW crew's decision to use Barriss raises a few issues:
    -She hasn't been developed very much (in this arc or in the series in general) so there's no apparent motive
    -She has a lot of EU canon that is just going to be thrown to the wind over this

This causes a problem. You guys are now all focusing on the obvious issue: why Barriss? Ultimately though, the bigger question is what this will mean in the overall story. I would gladly take a subpar motive and a cool implication for the rest of the series (Asohka leaving the order, Barriss escaping and becoming a recurring villain, etc), than a great motivation and back to business as usual (or course there's always the horror possibility, that there's a crumby motive and it's back to business as usual, but I'm holding out for one of the two).

Knight3440 likes this.
  23. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    True, still calling it unlikely though. I enjoy this series too much to think otherwise ;)

24. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    Barriss betrayal is gonna probably gonna to deeply affect Ahsoka, and if Anakin does kill Barriss that might affect Ahsoka relationship with Anakin.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'll take option (c): don't **** with existing canon and characters in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.