main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] Ok college sports I will give you. At least we have the Buckeyes, but that is a state thing not just Cleveland.

I am hoping the Mercs win their title someday. Is it sad that I want that more than a Browns Superbowl victory?

[​IMG]

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And while the Mercs emulate Cleveland, the Storm are emulating Cincinnati, what with their perennial mediocrity. At least Cincy teams are starting to make the playoffs occasionally, so hopefully that will rub off on the Storm. But equally hopefully, the Cincy teams' inability to win a playoff game/series won't rub off. I mean seriously, who blows a 2–0 lead in the NLDS?

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Short answer: The Reds. :p

Oh but Cleveland did that in '99 too. ;)

I am sure there have been others.

*Wonders what other Limmie teams have taken on the spirit of RL sports teams*

[​IMG]

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    :((

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think you all consider the Senators to be the game-reincarnate of the New York Yankees. :p

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You got that right.

[​IMG]

7. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    The original incarnation of the Chandrila Patriots seriously challenged for that title in the Crendan Era incarnation of the game, though ironically they were modeled on the Boston Red Sox with a touch of the Green Bay Packers and obviously a hint of the New England Patriots.

I've always thought there's more than a passing resemblance between the the Smugglers and the Oakland Raiders--though I'm thinking more than John Madden Raiders than the rudderless versions of the last decade that owed a lot to Al Davis's "management" of that team (quotes intended).

If I look around for Miner analogs, I think that the Pittsburgh Steelers are proabbly be the best ones I can come up with.

I actually think that I might want to stick the Senators with the Detroit Red Wings given their consistency in making the postseason and incredibly talented front office and scouting staff.

The Rydonni Prime Monarchs are doing everything in their power to emulate not the Detroit Lions, but my San Jose Sharks with their fantastic regular seasons and postseason breakdowns.

If anything, Euceron reminds me a little bit of the Edmonton Oilers--lots of young talent but still struggling to put it together.

Vandelhelm...now that's a team to think about. If they had a more annoying owner with an inferiority complex, I'd love to slap the Dallas Cowboys on them. (Debate may now ensue on which of us is actually the Dallas Cowboys. I expect someone will level this blasphemous charge at me eventually. After all, nobody likes my GM.)

The newer teams are hard to classify with less history behind them, so I don't know where I'd put Onderon, Ralltiir, and Ryloth.

Oh, speaking of which, I spooke with Teegirloo and she does intend to get back in the game. Real life has been preventing that, but she's still interested.

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah, the Smugglers are more of a 70's Raiders kind of group. Eclectic bunch that breaks the rules.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To everyone worrying that we didn't have enough blowouts this season...well, fixed that. :D

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    About that . . . :p

Geez, two 40's, a 39 and a 38 . . .

Never seen that before.

And at least Vandelhelm loses once again. Now, had I only won that season-opening game, they'd be 0-5.

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The good news for you is that with a 3-0 conference record, it's going to be very hard for the Senators not to make the playoffs, whereas at 0-2 in the conference, Bakura probably needs to win both of their remaining games to not get boxed out. And they're the Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa games too? Go figure those would be important.

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    We always save the best for last. :D

jcgoble3, you're basically assured of a playoff spot this season.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Looks like the Mercs missed all those starters that were out for the game. I wonder where they could be...

[​IMG]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I was looking at Euceron and wondering if that was the case!

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Let's see here: Assume I lose my last two games, to Rydonni Prime and Onderon. That would put me at 3–4 overall and 2–2 conference. The important thing to consider is that Vandelhelm plays both Ralltiir and Ryloth in the last two weeks, so it's not possible for all three to win out.

If Vandelhelm wins out, they go to 3–4 overall and 2–2 conference. Ralltiir must lose one game (to Vandelhelm); assume they beat Coruscant. They become 3–4 overall and 1–3 conference. Ryloth likewise must lose to Vandelhelm; assume they beat Onderon. They can only reach 2–5 and are eliminated in 5th place. Ralltiir is eliminated on conference record and places 4th. I beat Vandelhelm to claim the 2nd seed; Vandelhelm gets the 3rd seed.

If Ryloth wins out, they go to 3–4 overall and 3–1 conference. Vandelhelm must lose to Ryloth; assume for the moment that they beat Ralltiir. They are now 2–5. Ralltiir loses to Vandelhelm in this scenario; assume they beat Coruscant. They become 3–4 overall and 1–3 conference. The ranking becomes 2-Ryloth, 3-Euceron, 4-Ralltiir, and 5-Vandelhelm.

If Ralltiir wins out, they go to 4–3 overall, 2–2 conference. Vandelhelm must lose to Ralltiir; assume for the moment that they beat Ryloth. They are now 2–5 overall, 1–3 conference. Ryloth loses to Vandelhelm in this scenario; assume they beat Onderon. They become 2–5 overall, 2–2 conference. Ranking is 2-Ralltiir, 3-Euceron, 4-Ryloth, 5-Vandelhelm.

If both Ryloth and Ralltiir win out, then Ryloth goes to 3–4 overall and 3–1 conference, while Ralltiir goes to 4–3 overall, 2–2 conference. Vandelhelm must lose to both and becomes 1–6. Ranking is 2-Ralltiir, 3-Ryloth, 4-Euceron, 5-Vandelhelm.

If we keep the same scenario, but Ralltiir loses to Coruscant to put them at 3–4/2–2, ranking is 2-Ryloth, 3-Ralltiir, 4-Euceron, 5-Vandelhelm. Ralltiir beats me on head-to-head.

Same scenario again, but Ralltiir loses to Vandelhelm instead of Coruscant. They go to 3–4/1–3 and drop to 4th, moving me to 3rd.

So in summary, the clinching scenarios for Euceron in Week 6 are: win against Rydonni Prime OR Ryloth loss to Onderon OR Ralltiir loss to Vandelhelm. If all of those fail to occur, Week 7 scenarios are: win against Onderon OR Ryloth loss to Vandelhelm.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say that that's one hell of a logjam in the Solo Conference. :p

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I told you guys to watch out for the Storm. Here they come! :p

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If you think there's a real logjam in the Solo Conference, try the Super 16. :p As it stands now . . .

All teams but BCC can technically make the playoffs in the Crendan Division
    In the Kayl'hen, one spot is locked up (Chandrila A&M), and Citadel has the bearing on the #2 seed, but everyone else is still technically alive for the #3 and #4 seeds

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Speaking of logjams, I just realized that due to the upcoming schedule with Vandelhelm playing both Ralltiir and Ryloth, four of the five teams in the Skywalker Conference control their own destiny for a playoff spot, and the one that doesn't, Ryloth, can clinch by winning out and getting one Ralltiir loss.

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think you should ditch Marte as your player character and turn to someone whose line of work is crunching numbers for playoff seedings, JC. You know, since we've broken all conventions on who we normally play as characters by now . . . :p

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, we now have a superhero, a dancer, and a lawyer. [face_laugh]

I'm seriously thinking about ditching Marte, though. I'm running out of ideas for him, hence why I haven't posted much this season.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    A quick note on my post for this week. That last song, the lyrics are Armenian and translate as follows.

I found them quite fitting to the post.

[​IMG]

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well nobody has ever gone with one of my long-standing character ideas: the guy who puts the cheese on the nachos. There's a gold mine there, I swear!

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    A vendor at Meshla Vhetin...that could prove interesting.

[​IMG]

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Just finished reading your post Bardan. Can we say wow?

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009