main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The excuse that putting more dark goth chicks in miniskirts rather than those filthy sensibly dressed ingrates like Barriss was probably his reasoning.

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    "Remember girls, if the world's got you down, blow something up."

Barriss works so much better as one of Anakin's peers, anyway, even in regards to her relationship with Ahsoka.

That highlights my fundamental problem with the show. Obi-Wan and Anakin should have been major characters in the first season, for ratings, but as time went on they should take a backseat in the plot. They should have spent these five seasons building up an interesting cast, both original characters and characters from the EU. Anakin and Obi-Wan are the two most prolific Jedi of the era, and I think it would have been much more effective to not show must of their exploits, only the results of them . Whenever Obi-Wan and Anakin play a large role in an episode, it should feel like a big deal. Alas.

But yeah, I suppose the only true "regulars" are Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Captain Rex. I suppose they've also got Yoda popping up regularly [face_sigh] TCW is very much a "threat of the week" show.

Convor and Ulicus like this.
  3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Agreed. Kind of like how a bunch of people who follow a religion which promotes peace and proscribes the killing of civilians nonetheless decided it would be a good idea to ram planes into office buildings in order to protest American militarism.

I smell a plot hole. 9/11 obviously didn't happen.

edit: Also, totally not trying to reinforce the previously posited connection between Barriss's mode of dress and her possibly having committed terrorist acts. I'm just lazy and decided to press the 9/11 button so I didn't have to think of a different example.

4. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Rex isn't a regular anymore. How many episodes has he been in this season? How many have featured him prominently since Umbara?

5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Clearly this is a plot to ensure that Ventress gets redeemed so that she can be with Obi-wan without any "dangerous enemy combatant who might want to kill you and is considered an enemy of the state and a Sith flunky"-strings attached.

Obi-wan/Asajj shippers rejoice!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    I'm actually not a big fan of Barriss being the culprit, either. Partly because it's not interesting enough to warrant overwriting older continuity, but mostly because it feels like there's too many Jedi going completely bat**** crazy evil and slaughtering their allies before RotS. It makes Anakin's fall have just a tad bit less impact. I mean, if Dependable Barriss is capable of descending to that level of evil, why is anyone as surprised as they are that Anakin finally snapped?

e:

Has anyone yet theorized that a certain red-headed Emperor's Hand may have emerged from such a union?

Sure, neither of them has red hair, but that kind of thing can skip a generation, right?

7. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    If the council is stupid enough to believe Tarkin's allegation that Ahsoka bombed the temple while she was off planet several systems away, they'll fall for anything.

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    There's usually at least a history of it in the family.

Also, that would make her not entirely human....which would affect continuity! Ahhhh!
    :p

9. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    I assume Tarkin means that Ahsoka was responsible for giving Letta the idea and means to turn her husband into a nano-droid bomb.

edit: Although, given that that kind of thing was always a possibility, it begs the question of why the Council considered Anakin and Ahsoka as above suspicion just because they were off-planet.

10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Pretty much confirmed.
    [​IMG]

RF: Spoiler tags for upcoming episode stuff, please. Even if it was in the trailer.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "And slay them wherever ye find them."

12. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    I'm not really looking to get into an argument about religion, the point is that terrorists by definition view violence against innocents as a valid means to an end, even if the end they are seeking is purportedly a stop to some sort of violence.

No, it's not very logical to us, but that's because none of us are terrorists (I hope).

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    What have you heard? [face_nail_biting]

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Nevermind I gotta understand DA RULZ

15. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    What if Barriss is actually helping Ahsoka
    [​IMG]

Sitara likes this.
  16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Deepens on the definition, some have chucked the term at me when they found out that I am a member of the CPB. ;)

17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    How about
    Asajj is masquerading as a "disgruntled Jedi" to further defame them. Barriss decides to make her own investigation without going to other Jedi because she doesn't know which one might be a traitor, and Anakin runs into her at a location where he assumes she's the traitor and they fight - or it's Asajj disguised as a Jedi that he's fighting.

Like I said, Star Wars - especially the CWAS - isn't known for its plot twists. If Barriss was the villain, she would be acting in a way that it would be obvious to every viewer (while simultaneously every in-universe character would be oblivious of) that she was becoming EE-VIL. Filoni wouldn't spoil the end, so his comments are meaningless.

I could be wrong. But I'm not saying all this out of faith in CWAS, but rather the reverse - I don't think it's capable of that much subtlety or that involved of a plot.

So, we'll see.

Ulicus and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    blackmyron That is a thought I had, that Filoni could be deliberately throwing people off. It doesn't make a great deal of sense to spoil the end of the arc.

Of course, two counters to that argument is that the majority of viewers will not watch the commentary, and will be unaware. The other is, of course, that he anticipates backlash and is attempting to cover his ass as soon as possible.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I mean, I really want it to be misdirection and Filoni could just be planting that seed for people who are looking at the commentary trying to glean hints about what's to come. But this show isn't sophisticated enough for that. It gets close at times, but then it ends up failing.

That's the biggest problem with TCW -- how schizoid it is. If it were all just dross then I wouldn't waste my time with it, but the show clearly CAN be good.

Valin__Kenobi and Esg like this.
  21. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    That man's goatee is enormous

22. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    This. That's basically been my reaction to the reviews. I also like how Eric goes on and on about how great it is when the latest episode has 2 quotes from ANH, 1 indirect quote to ESB, and a "wink and nod" to ROTJ. Despite this being episode 115 with the previous 114 episodes having the same number each. It gets old quickly. Bashing you over the head old.

He also goes on and on for paragraphs about character thoughts and strife and stuff when you know just from watching the show there is none.

I particularly liked in this week's review how he broke down how it "might" be Barriss and he acted like he was Holmes making the greatest breakthrough ever.

anakinfansince1983 , JackG and Esg like this.
  23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    You should see his battle mech. ;)

Esg likes this.
  24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Is it possible for us to classify all Esg's image posts as inherently off-topic?

RC-1991 likes this.
  25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]