main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph (Oh Hell No) Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This is the industry that continues to laud a pedophile who drugged and anally raped a preteen girl and then fled the country. So yeah.

But really, Megan Fox's career wasn't stellar at that point anyway. She isn't a good actress and she made poor choices.

Blithe likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    This. So much this on both counts.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    My reaction to this was similar to Mark Kermode's when he found out about Transformers 4

[image=http://crypt-1.alchemy.org/GraphicsAnim/computerHeadBashing.gif]

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I just don't get where Alien comes from.

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be not to see Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles. The TMNT branding is everywhere. At what point did Bay and the writers get TANT from Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles.

Perhaps they won't be Teenagers, Turtles or Ninjas.

I'm looking forward to Michael Bay's Adult Alien Pirate Alligators. [face_plain]

5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I can't say this is what Bay meant, for all I know he does indeed mean they quite literally will be Aliens. But I still find his quote to be a little strange and potentially misleading. Again with the origin of the Turtles being so directly linked to the Utrom (an alien species) I can't help but wonder if that's what he is referring to. So they could still reasonably be terrestrial mutated turtles.

And I am not entirely certain this is Bay's fault as he is only serving as a producer on this, the creative re-imagining could have nothing to do with him at all. I would be willing to bet that he doesn't really even know what he is talking about or have much of an understanding about the property, he's just be his usual showman self trying to spin and sell a movie.

Oh and since the start of Mirage's Volume 4 of the comic ten years ago, they haven't been teenagers.

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002

7. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    The radio-active mutagen was waste from the transmat device developed by the Utrom, at least in the comics. Most other incarnations hue close to that but deviate slightly in certain details. But the original story related to alien tech and the waste it created.

8. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Aliens can't be mutants. It's impossible, amirite?

9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  10. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    there is a difference between "tweeking", "Making relevant to modern audiences", and "rump-raping with a chainsaw".
    Bay seems to enjoy fulfilling the last category.

I didn't like the changes the cartoon made, but they were infinitely better than this sounds.

11. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    As long as April is a redhead in yellow overalls I'll be fine.
    BTW, Join Abeloth, all the cool force users are doing it.

12. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
  13. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yeah, this movie has trainwreck written all over it (in fact why not just call it Trainwreck Into Turtles' Shells or TiTs), that'll get the fans interested if nothing else.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Wait, I thought Bay wouldn't have anything to do with Fox after he fired her from Transformers 3?

Edit: Of course, I also thought the TMNT movie had been scuttled, so what do I know?

15. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Nope. Remember who the executive producer of TF3 was.
    [​IMG]
    He tends to be a wee bit sensitive when it comes to Hitler-talk.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    At least he's not directing. That's something....I think....

[face_worried]

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Now he just needs the not turtles to be as offensive as possible and throw in lots of explosions and we're good to go.[face_frustrated]

18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Didn't the Fox cartoon series of the mid 2000's feature a similar storyline? I remember Shredder was actually an Utrom. That series was awesome...then they ruined it with the next series (Turtles Future Shock or something).

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. That series WAS awesome. Donatello killing Shredder with a powerdrill was badass... :D

20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    2003's TMNT series did feature the Utrom, though they weren't exactly as they were in the comics. In fact 2003 most closely resembles the original comics in tone and story, of all the TMNT incarnations to date. That's probably why it's my favourite (though the Nickelodeon series and IDW comics are quickly winning favour as well). And yes modern day Shredder/Oroku Sakai was in fact an Utrom named Ch'rell who stole the identity of a feudal warrior as revealed in the fifth/lost season.

The sixth season (TMNT Fast Forward) while not as great as the original took too much flack because most fans couldn't deal with change. Unfortunately most people stopped watching so the seventh season when they returned to the present (TMNT Back to the Sewers) was missed by a lot of people. Again not as good as the first four seasons but doesn't deserve the the animosity it gets IMO.

And as far as I know while Megan Fox has indeed signed, the fact she is playing April O'Neil seems to be largely speculation at this point.

21. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Donatello has a legacy of being the one to get things done....
    [​IMG]

Speaking of which....will we FINALLY get to see Bebop and Rocksteady?

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  22. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Well, given that Megan Fox is an advertising-power name, if she's not April, then she will be "Casey Jones' Future Ex Who Owns a Dog and Will Be Replaced By April in the Third Movie" or some crap, given that one of the rough drafts that floated around last year centered on Casey as the "teenage protagonist dealing with overbearing/annoying parent".
    This was the same draft that gave us "General Schraeder".

Or Fox could be Venus DeMilo.
    [​IMG]
    There's always room for shell-breasts.

23. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I've still not heard any confirmation as to the validity of the script you refer to (though I don't hold out much hope for the final film being any better honestly) so I wouldn't put to much stock in the film resembling that concept, especially as they've since gone back and reworked whatever they had in the first place.

I am not saying she isn't playing April, I'm just saying until it's confirmed I am not going to get bent out of shape about it.

Not to mention should could play any number of female characters: Angel, Teng Shen (though that would be a waste I think), Karai, Mona Lisa, Venus and Aloplex etc (though the last three seem unlikely as I'm sure Bay would want to utilize her looks and not hide them beneath make-up/cg).

24. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Why didn't Captain Kirk come back in time to stop THIS rather than waste time helping Seth Macfarlane do an adequate Oscar hosting? :(

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Why not Ayson Hanigan? She actually looks like April O'neil.