main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation will there be some kind of announcment at the oscars sunday?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by The_Coon, Feb 22, 2013.

1. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    71 hours to go, lawjedi. I'm rooting for you. ;)

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, I am FAIL. Maybe they're all still recovering from their Oscar hangovers. I've been there.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    In an ironic twist....Star Trek got covered/talked about instead of Star Wars. I was half expected that Shatner cameo to end with Mark hamill jumping in and attacking him with a lightsaber...but that would have been too awesome

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    :(:_|

[​IMG]

LawJedi likes this.
  5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    There was a little SW 7 tidbit although negligible and unrealistic IMO:

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articl...s-zoe-saldana-discuess-latest-installment.htm

So to conclude, one of the worst fallout issues of having Abrams is having to constantly deal with Trekkers wanting to be in SW -- Hemsworth, Pegg, Zaldana, Shatner.

6. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Hey, does anyone remember that other date Kathleen Kennedy (Or was that an imposter? Whatever. It was only a week later, so it seems to either be incredibly good luck or actual info) said?

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Pine was humourously quoted that they'll resort to kidnapping to get Abrams to direct the third Star Trek installment. Either that or the Star Trek cast misses him so much they may just randomly show up on set looking forlorn and hope JJ puts them in the movie.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, all of this "crossing the streams" talk is getting me a little nervous. Nothing against any of these actors, but you can't have it all folks.

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Haha, Star Wars is becoming the hottie that every other franchise gets dumped for. First Abrams, then several Star Trek alumni, and Whedon has already said he wants a shot. Star Wars Blue Milkshake brings everybody to the yard. :D

Echo-07 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Of all the modern Trekkers, Zaldana is the one I would welcome into the SW universe proudly. I think she has a versatility that could work in the right role. If JJ has a place for her, I'm seriously not going to begrudge her one of the rare opportunities offered to a woman of color in Hollywood.

yodasbum and Echo-07 like this.
  11. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    To be fair, both of those guys have worn their SW fandom on their sleeves for decades.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    And I love them for it. :)

LawJedi likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I hope this thread stays active until the Oscars next year.