main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Again with the Sith army. If you make an army of canon fodder out of the Sith, this would destroy any mystique they have left. Imo Sith should be unique and special.

2. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I agree, but I wouldn't mind having 4-5 new Sith rather than just two, maybe a puppet master and 3-4 pawns.

3. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Death T's right. Palpatine left the body there in the apartment. He indicated people would discover that "Hego Damask" (Plagueis' alter ego) had died due to his respirator malfunctioning. Palpatine tells Plagueis' droid 114D it needed to get a new body and a new home. Very fast. Very ambiguous.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    This still stops short of really confirming any of it; we only know that these things were claimed to be true, sometimes by "disciples" rather than the individuals in question. We've seen in texts by other authors that there is some skepticism in the later years regarding the mythical deeds ascribed to ancient Sith.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    But Plagueis didn't consider Maul a Darth, just a tool of sorts. So I don't think he considered him a rule of two exception.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I totally agree with this. A Sith army is the last thing I want to see in the ST.

7. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    Ummm... The confirmation here is that I backed up a statement, an evidence of my thought process on Plagueis potentially appearing in the ST, by an actual quote from the book. A point that was scoffed at by yourself as an embellishment. You seem to jump around between the valley of canon - Film, EU, Both, Film and Cherry Picked EU, so it's rather difficult to have a mutually beneficial exchange of ideas when one is not convinced himself what ground he stands on. Do we really want to venture far off into the EU jungle? Because I guarantee you won't like what I dig up. Better yet, next time you disagree please feel free to share your reference material with the rest of us so that we too can decide whether or not such reference material is worthy of debate.

Confirmation of truth? This is a tale of fiction. Did Alice really tumble down the rabbit hole? Did Dorothy really travel to Oz, or was it all just a lucid dream?

A sound argument can be made that many plot points of the Darth Plagueis novel remain ambiguous and vague. It's my opinion that the novel was purposely constructed in such manner for reasons yet to be revealed.

And BTW, Lucas does say Anakin destroying the Sith brings balance to the Force. I won't tell you where. You'll have to look that one up yourself. Or better yet, perhaps you could post your reference material that delivers a truly definitive answer to this ever evolving concept?

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The story changed along the way. It went from "some Sith lords had the ability to do" to a situation where we only know for certain that some disciples may have claimed that a Sith once had the ability.

Whatever you think the author is telling you about the abilities of the ancient Sith, in the context of the wider EU there may be difference of opinion on the subject.

No way! She used Fold Space about halfway down. I once heard a tale that said Alices could do that.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] This is gonna be a tough one.

9. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    Nice kiddie cartoon. Still waiting for that balance rebuttal...

StoneRiver likes this.
  10. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya I don't think I'd want a sith army from the get go. Have the series center around the rebuilding of the sith and jedi with perhaps the last film in the series having a larger scale battle somewhat like the sorry arena fight in AOTC where jedi were cannon fodder but this time an actual war between force users not three stooges droids and insects. Talk about losing mystique ;) I dont think the huge battle would even have to take place in the new trilogy- smaller scale conflict could take place with the large scale rebuilding of the sith and jedi order being the foundation for a future film.

11. Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2012
    If Plagueis never actually died, he'd be pretty old. Personal preference and opinion, but I don't particularly find older villains (such as Dooku or Palp) very menacing. They don't really portray strength to me, more like frailty.

Now if he could have transported himself though space and time and comes back as a young Plagueis, I could live with that. Although, abilities like that (and others that the EU authors liked to grant the force users) are a little.... out there, to say the least. Like shark-jumping 'out there.'

12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Shark jumping, that's how I see all this Plagueis talk

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I guess an Amon Goeth type guy would do (as a Empire General working under a Sith or in a completely separate context). A person you could hate for simply existing.

[​IMG]

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ralph Fiennes... yes please... in any role... as anything... make it happen...!!!

15. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Dude, which Palpatine have you been watching? The guy was an epic villian, the saving grace of the prequels. Yoda was what? 900 years old?

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Boba's Jetpack

Boba's Jetpack Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2013
    I thought Plagus got bumped off? Bringing him back would lessen the impact of Palpatine.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The thing about the alleged ability to travel in time is that we conveniently haven't seen such time travelers pop up in any of the eras covered by existing canon. Even if an ancient Sith had disappeared one day and was said to have traveled to a different time, there's no record of their arrival anywhere.

Fold Space is another issue and related to the Aing-Tii.

18. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    He's dead as a doornail as far as I'm concerned. And I think they choose to leave it that way.

Boba's Jetpack likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If all you guys think Plagueis was able to cheat his supposed death, then it's possible Sidious learned how, too. I for one want neither, but if I were to choose which, I would say the former — mainly because he's never be seen before.

20. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    I contacted my source at LFL and asked if Plagueis would be in the ST. Got the following reply...

[​IMG]

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  21. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    i dont get those of you who dont want the villian to be a Sith. Without a Sith villian, you dont have lightsaber battles. Do you really want to see Star Wars Episode movies without lightsaber duels?

22. Darth Lycan

Darth Lycan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 28, 2013
    I thought about this the other day. Every single Star Wars movie OT/PT has had a sith of some kind as the bad guy. I wonder if they'll keep with this theme? It may be a gamble to have a new type of villain or it could pay off if done right, but my $ is on a sith of some type in the ST.

Darth kRud likes this.
  23. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    The ST will most definitely, without a doubt, have Sith in it.

And I bet, Abrams and crew come up with a baddie to rival Vader in coolness.....

-C

Krueger and Darth kRud like this.
  24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    It makes zero sense not to have a Sith villian. This is Star Wars.

If there is not a Sith villian, these films will fail.

And more so, the first thing people will say is "I can't believe there was no Sith!"

Darth kRud likes this.
  25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I want my red lightsabers! Bring me sith.

Darth kRud likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.