main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    For some reason, I have always really like the TIE bomber. Do not ask me why.
    The TIEs that made an appearance in the movies are still my favourites.
    Which one of those TIEs were introduced by Thrawn?

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Cool seeing all the Tie-Fighters lined up. Pity the Tie Raptor from the Legacy comics isn't there as far as I can tell.

General Immodet likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Technically the Scimitar bomber is not considered a TIE design.

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Wow, nice work there Zeta. I was thinking I knew about half myself.

My favorite is still the Tie Interceptor. When I saw those in ROTJ I swooned.[face_clown]

Thrawn Introduced the Scimitar Assualt Bomber one. While it might not technically be a "Tie" is was still designed by Sienar and was meant to incorporate the best features of the Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber and Alliance Star Fighters.

I wouldn't have had the uglies on this list(and I actually cropped out the bottom of the image to get rid of a bunch of them :p)

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    They were basically all in alphabetical order, so that helped a lot. I found out that there is actually already a TIE variant called the TIE Sentinel that was mentioned in Galaxies, but anything is better than V38 assault fighter.

Ah, that explains why there are so few Uglies, when virtually all Uglies have TIE components.

6. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm partial to the TIE Hunter myself. Ah, Rogue Squadron III, how I miss thee :p

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    TIE Hunter was a beast. Shame it never appears again. At least TIE Defenders get love forever more.

I am looking forward to more of the Remnant in the near future. Though I expect the ST to ignore the Empire or have them as the villains...

General Immodet and Chewbacca89 like this.
  8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, I'm not to worried about the films doing the 18 plus ABY Empire any favors. That said Sword of the Jedi and Crucible will hopefully give us something, as Invasion was before it went on hiadus.

I also hope that we will get some more retroactive information from the new Legacy series to further help flesh out the Empire. Maybe something Yage like? :D

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I hope Konrad Rus and that Chiss Moff appear in the new Legacy series.
    I hope the Imperial Mission appears in future novels (such as SOTJ). Didn't the Imperial Remnant gain ground by sending missionaries to other worlds and forming alliances with other worlds?

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Here is that Predator Class fighter that was mentioned.

[​IMG]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    In the next Essential Guide to characters(now set for release in 2014) which Imperial characters, as it relates to our club, would you like to see expanded upon?

I'm hoping for some info, or pictures of, Ephin Saretti, Arien Yage, Vitor Reige and maybe Miat Temm. Even Lecersen or Quille would be neat to see.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    We do need a picture of Lecersen.
    The Guide will probably feature characters such as Daala, Pelly, Kanos, Jagged Fel...
    However, I do not think Vitor Reige, Lecersen or Arien Yage will be included.
    If they include them, they would have to include a lot of EU characters.
    That is the only problem with those new guides. We all want minor characters to appear, but sadly many of them will not because the SW Universe is already bi enough.

Admiral Volshe and Chewbacca89 like this.
  13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I don't think they will give them each their own entry, but they could do a section of Moffs or Remnant for instance that gives us head shots of a handful of people. Not unlike what both the Atlas and Guide to Warfare have done. I agree we won't see them all but a few would be good.

14. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Or that spot in the back that has short bios for lesser known people...

15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I'd like to see a Yage family retrospective, seeing that the Yages and Skywalkers became family :)

16. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    I love the Empire and the Remnant Empire

Im glad i found this thread, and also liked all the tie fighters lined up that was tight. Anyway i stopped reading after the Vong war and am considering picking up the novels again starting with the fate of the Jedi.

My question is the Empire is mentioned in these books?
    I really enjoyed the remnant in the NJO series and would love to know if it continues.
    Last Imperials i enjoyed the most would be Thrawn and Palleon also saw a few refrences to characters i didn't even know , i feel left out of the loop but i went to wookiepedia and am catching up on those who were mentioned like Yages and Vitor, I know of Yages from force heretic III which i am rereading at this moment. MAN! its been awhile but now i remember y i liked the EU so much.

and a little useless knowledge for those out there. I was playing skyrim my little brothers game he lives with me , back on topic i named my Dark Elf Soontir Fel LOL.

General Immodet and Robimus like this.
  17. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    The Remnant is more involved in some FotJ books than others, but it does get a decent showing. If NJO is the last thing you've read with the Remnant, you might want to read up on what Jag Fel has been up to in the intervening 20-odd years first. Not crucial, but a bit of back story would probably be good to set the stage for Outcast.

Robimus and sg1A like this.
  18. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    I just went to the bookstore with my little brother and he had money i didn't, So we go into the store and i stop at the comics catch up on some batman.But the whole point of this is that i was in the science fiction section and saw all the starwars books i wanted to buy the whole shelf! Well now im waiting on next wed to go and pick up the first fate of the jedi book Outcast i think it is i looked in the front of the book. thanks for your answer.

19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Welcome!

So far as the post NJO Empire goes I think you would need to pick up LOTF Betrayal(Pellaeon has a featured role), as well as Revelation and Invincible. The Legacy comic series gave us all kinds of retroactive stuff to apply to the Pellaeon Empire, like the Fel bloodline taking the throne and becoming Force strong. FOTJ has a lot of Fel, and the last couple books give us more of other Imperial characters specifically.

The last Invasion arc also gave us some Imperial stuff, but nothing real heavy.

20. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    I read one LOTF book Tempest with Mara Jade on the cover. And im re-reading NJO force heretic III reunion, after i finish that i will read Heretic I Remnant. And whats the last invasion arc??

21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I think the last arc of Invasion was called Revelations.

22. sg1A

Feb 20, 2013
    Thanks, right now i found on the internet a copy of Ylesia and am currently reading that one.

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love to see Soontir Fel appear in more books.
    There was a huge build-up concerning Fel and then he dropped out of picture. A pity...

Robimus likes this.
  24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    A Soontir standalone during FOTJ or LOTF would be really cool.

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anything would be better than nothing...

That being said, I'm relatively happy that the Remnant and the Empire in FotJ is separate from the main cast. Leaves it open to be used in the ST... and I do want more Empire on screen more than anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.