main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Last Jedi by Michael Reaves

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    My copy arrived yesterday.

Not that I'll likely be reading it anytime this century as I've got a stack of still unread books going all the way back to Shadow Games.

2. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    You got it 3 days early? Amazon?

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm hoping Foyles despatch my copy soon, though they ain't done well on preorders over the last month.

4. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Amazon UK, yeah.

It was quite unexpected actually, as they've kept sending me revised delivery dates for the past few weeks, then all of a sudden a few days ago they went and dispatched it.

Which, looking at the item listing now, is even more surprising, as they're now listing it as usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks, so weird. Guess I got lucky like when they dispatched Book of Sith a month early last year.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Displays like that is why I didn't order from Amazon Zorr.

What is it with this Lucas Books imprint anyway? They seem very erratic in supply terms.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Being as you have it three days early... Surely you should put everything aside for this ;)

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm currently reading another book, so once I finish I'll head to B&N and pick up a copy. Sucks that this is the only non-reprint paperback release this year. [face_frustrated]

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    After this current TCW arc.... I think this is Reaves's way of going to war.

K'Kruhk, RC-1991, Zorrixor and 6 others like this.
  9. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Forgive me but I seem to have missed something. I read all the CN books, and enjoyed them for the most part. What is this Even Piell mess everyone is referring to? I must have missed the continuity error.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Even Piell showed up in the first Coruscant Nights book, taking place 19 BBY. Two years later, TCW killed him off chronologically before his IU appearance in CN.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Simple solution: Don't watch TCW! :)

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Even simpler solution: Clone Wars. :p

Zane the Reaper likes this.
  13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Even simpler solution
    ISB Officer 1: Rewriting History is kind of entertaining.
    ISB Officer 2: Yep, no one will ever really be able to make sense of this Clone Wars mess just like the Emperor wishes.
    Stormtrooper (Boba Fett in disguise) : Sirs, may I add a few recommandtions about changing the past of a certain Bounty Hunter......
    :-B

Ulicus , Zorrixor, COMPNOR and 2 others like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I can see it now...

Den: Man, I was so bummed when I heard Barriss Offee died in Order 66.
    I-5: I heard a different story- that she went rogue, bombed the Jedi Temple and was killed by her fellow Jedi.
    Den: Pah! That's just Imperial propaganda.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Den: Man, I was so bummed when I heard Barriss Offee died in Order 66.
    I-5: That's too bad. I haven't seen her in over twenty years. Since the Clone Wars. That would be twenty years ago, right?
    Den: Something like that. All this timeline stuff is super confusing. It's like you gotta be a math major or something.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, it sounds like the falsified reasons Sate Pestage gave for the killing of Jedi.
    Aayla Secura: tried to poison Felucia's water system.
    Ki-Adi Mundi: attempted to blow up one of Mygeeto's bridges.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    And that would even make sense, now that Felucia and (probably) Mygeeto are BFFs with the Republic just like Cato.

Heck, this give us a whole new take on Order 66: It didn't just mean "kill all Jedi," it actually meant "kill all Jedi who are leading assaults on loyal Republic planets."

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I sincerely hope Michael Reeves scrambled to revive Barriss Offee in this book.

19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So TCW is just an Imperial holo-drama and the reason nobody remembered what the Jedi really were.

If TCW gets cancelled, it needs a final episode where Pestage throws the latest script into a fire and shoots the screenwriter.

20. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Thanks, luckily I have not watched but two or three episodes from TCW! I try to remain an SW purist...only keeping to the movies....and the novels...and the comics..........[face_relieved]

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm calling Seth Green to do this one. He's already used Pestage in his Aluminum Falcon skit, and with the way it's at Green's stuff's practically T-canon anyway.

22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    So now that the book is out I'll probably pick it up soon. I still have some NJO books to read though and I raided my second hand bookshop the other day of the rest of the X-Wing series I still need to read so it probably will be a while. I'm looking forward to it though. I finished Patterns of the Force just before Chrstmas, loved it and now want to read more about Jax and the Whiplash.

23. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    You're missing out.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Zor, you're banned from posting in here until you spoil us.

Just saying.

:p

25. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    The last word in the novel is Force. (Well, okay, technically it's "again", but I'm not counting the preview of Into the Void.)

There. Happy now? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.