main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    For realz? Huh... very interesting indeed.

Of course, that would raise the possibility of all of the shows loose ends being tied up in one season. This show isn't exactly known for good pacing, I'd hate to see it rushed even further.

Uh, I mean, faster and more intense!

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I really would not mind TCW just ending, not like they really have an overarching plot or any real idea where they are going. Though I would not mind seeing a few more episodes like Bounty, which was simply there to entertain and have fun. In general the show just suffers from having way too many outright terrible episodes and even the better ones getting dragged down by bad writing or terrible, terrible pacing.

Esg likes this.
  3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I'd be happy with Season 6 wrapping up everything, actually. Heck, part of me hopes it does. We're clearly getting close to 19BBY here in terms of tech and surroundings. Hell, the original gundam series was actually made better by having a compressed ending that killed off much of the cast in 4 episodes rather than the originally planned 13. The end result was an epic finale battle, ironically tragic deaths, and some just plain cool character ends (All of which was retooled into the vastly superior film version). A compressed ending can actually be very epic if a director is motivated enough... and we all know Ep III is the real ending anyway. Just deal with Maul, Ashoka and maybe Talzin and we're fine.

But if the show ends without Maul being dead, and with Ashoka still following Annie, might as well go with what some suggest and decanonize the whole damn shebang (which i know some here would love). This would be worse than Force Unleashed II's stupidity.

Though I might accept this all if Dark Horse got to write a final comic arc themselves to deal with everything ;)

4. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    That would be hilarious, awesome and fitting all at the same time.

Zorrixor likes this.
  5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I suppose if it does end early without resolution, I'll assume Ashoka stepped into the chancellor's office one day while he was changing, which quickly led to her end. Also, as the The Lawless ended, Palps said "JUST KIDDING" and fried Maul right there.

6. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    If they do another animated series after TCW ended, I hope they hire the folks who did the awesome TRON Legacy series. they are owned by disney too anyway. and those guys care about good story, plot twists and continuity.

Ulicus likes this.
  7. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Well...not really. Yeah, they did include stuff like Quorra in an episode and Bit from the first movie. But it completely ignores the circumstances around Tron becoming Rinzler as shown in Legacy (and you can't even really say it retcons it, because at least where the show ended, there's no alternative shown, it's just completely ignored). But more importantly it also completely ignores the Tron: Legacy tie-ins (the Betrayal comic and the Evolution video game, both of which were supposed to create a cohesive canonical EU set in between the two movies).

Now, that being said, that doesn't really bother me, because Tron Uprising was a great show. But I don't think the producers of it would really have a better approach to maintaining the EU than Filoni and Co.

Ulicus likes this.
  8. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Nah, Maul survives and goes on to harass Obi-Wan on Tatooine.

9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    well I did not know the tron game was meant to be canonical in the first place. I know the comic though. and the show did end? did not know that. just thought it was on hiatus. is it cancelled? if so that explains why it never synched up and got to explain how Tron turned Rinzler, which, I saw, there were many hints to in the series itself with Trons anger and harsh ways of behavior that easily might have him be turned one day maybe. if it was cancelled, why?

and since I do not know the Evolution game myself, can you link me to or enlighten me as to its story please? thx

10. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    owen will shoot him, it will happen!

HEDGESMFG and instantdeath like this.
  11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I am still for Jabba hunting him down, the whole Shadow Conspiracy thing demands revenge. Though of course this does not preclude Owen from having a part in it. ;)

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Coming from someone who actually likes the idea of Owen killing a Sith Lord (particularly since he had no way to defend himself)... I hate the idea of Jabba killing Maul :mad:

Zeta1127 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  13. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    No, no you misunderstand, Jabba realizes that Maul is on Tatooine and just lets the Militia (who we know Owen is part of) know and so Obi-Wan gets to fight Maul, Owen gets to kill Maul and Jabbas gets his Revenge. :D

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    OWEN LARS: Bounty Hunter.. in daylight he is the cute farmboy... but when the twinsuns set... he breaks out his arms and collects for Jabba the Hutt :p

god it'd be cool to see Owen show up inside Jabbas Palace and drive a hard bargain for credits for the killing of Maul after said comic.. Owen sure got it where it counts to pull it off. Aside that, the entire Darklighter Farm conglomerate of which the Lars where friends with or maybe even a part of indirectly is a powerhouse on Tatooine even Jabba could not ignore, or was involved with.

Ulicus and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh seriously...the Hutts?

"We negotiate with no one!"
    "I am Maul, I need you to negotiate with me!"
    "OK."

Esg likes this.
  16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    One of the episodes a few seasons ago - it may have been "Jedi Crash" - convinced me that the EU's "Jedi healing powers" thing just isn't really happening in TCW, or at least not to the same degree. We never see this supposed Jedi healing in the films. It's an outgrowth of fantasy game mentality IMO: We're the good wizards, so of course we can heal, because healing is good. The Jedi healing I prefer to see in EU is that which can be explained or justified by extrapolation of what we already knew from the films, such as in Shatterpoint or Champions of the Force.

17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't really see Owen as the type to barge into a gangsters hideout and demand money. Not exactly in the best interest for his family :p

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Clearly the Hutts only negotiate with terrorists.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    On healing in TCW: However, the EU that spins directly off the series, Karen Miller's books, does incorporate Jedi healing. Wild Space has Anakin in a healing trance due to his injuries on Geonosis and the Jedi healer, in a fantastic scene, ordering Padme to get the hell off the ward (wording mine of course) and then reporting Padme to Yoda for having a fit. "Master Yoda? I think Senator Amidala fancies young Skywalker." (No, really? And wet, water is.) This same healer later went ballistic on Anakin for upsetting Obi-Wan after he was injured. She was a great character and unfortunately I would need to get out the books to remember her name.

Also, when Obi-Wan and Anakin are hostages on a planet with villagers mining an unstable element that was making them sick, Obi-Wan exhausts himself using the rudimentary healing powers that he himself possessed.

Nubbs and 07jonesj like this.
  20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I've never seen most Force healing as actual "healing", in the way that you see it in some fantasy books, but as a kind of calming influence. When a Jedi heals themselves, they're not actually treating the wounds, but dulling the pain, sharpening their focus. When they heal others, they're relaxing them, impeding the injury but not erasing it. Perhaps it's even a variant of the mind trick. The way I always interpreted it, maybe the most talented Jedi healers, like Barriss and Cilghal, could actually mend injuries with nothing but their mind, but I don't think it would be something any Jedi could do. I have no idea if that has any canonical basis, though.

I haven't yet read Medstar, though, which I imagine would get the most into Jedi healing.

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what did TCW do to contradict/invalidate Jedi healing?

GunganSlayer likes this.
  21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be Vokara Che.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Jedi Healers have always seemed the most likely to go to the dark side anyways... maybe because they've seen the brutality of war up close, and will stop at nothing to prevent/stop war?

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That, and it leads to bota addiction and gambling as well I hear.
    [​IMG]

25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    They at least put up a fight and as Shadow Conspiracy points out actually gained from the whole mess. ;)

Properly just more predictable.

He just drops the carcass in front of Jabbas townhouse and leaves a forwarding address. :p