main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthchrontis

Darthchrontis Jedi Padawan

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm not sure why people are knocking plagus, I myself am not by no means a pro plagus guy, but Star Wars is sci-fi/fiction if you don't see a body, they are probably not dead.

And I know as I've read all this, some with the sith are destroyed mentality are probably going to cry, but you don't see Palpatine's body or old Plagusy

I'm for any decent villain, I don't mind if there are sith or not. But I'd be willing to bet there will be. And the toys would sell very well.
    As much as the haters hate it Plagus is probably the most logical villain or Palpatine. As I've already said you see neither of corpse in any film, therefore reserecrtion isn't needed. No where in ROTJ does it say the sith have been destroyed. It's assumed the emporer is dead, and maybe the rule of two had already bern broken by that point?

Anyway. You can accept men with majical force power, immortal force ghosts, a majical force man that's a cyborg, an admiral that's a giant fish, a superweapon that has the power to blow up a planet, etc but reserecrtion of a might be dead character is too far and destroys the (ever evolving) Star Wars universe.

Again I don't care either way. Just saying.

2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Magical fish man says something about a trap? Wrips a rap?

Tan-Wessel and Bullhead CIty like this.
  3. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    It's official. The no Sith crowd be all high on death sticks and stuff.

Air Jedi likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You mean like Christopher Lee?

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    You don't need Sith to have a lightsaber battle.

Contrary to popular belief, the Sith are not the only darksiders to exist in the star wars universe, and they are not the only dark siders to wield lightsabers. Sure most of the duels in GFFA history between Jedi and darksiders are conflicts with the Sith, but that doesn't mean we couldn't get a lightsaber wielding darksider, who isn't Sith, that fights the jedi.

Remember being a Sith is following a certain ideology, and not all darksiders in the star wars universe follow Sith ideology/culture.

fishtailsam and darklordoftech like this.
  6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm gonna sound a little crazy here, but stay with me for minute.....

I'm a big UFO buff, and there is an interesting theory in UFOlogy that could have been inspiration for how Plageuis could fit in here. I'll give ou the short version:

Many aspects of the Empire were based on the Nazis in Germany. One of the things that Nazi scientists were developing was something called Die Glocke or "The Nazi Bell". This was a bell shaped craft that has led some to believe that they were working with extraterestrial technology. This thing was supposed to have some type of anti-gravity propulsion system and all kinds of stuff we have yet to discover, even today. At the end of WWII, this Bell was never recovered, and some fo the scientists said to have worked on it seemed to have disappeared.

Years later, on Dec 9, 1965, there was an incident in Kecksburg, PA where something crashed in the woods near the town. A Roswell-like cover-up is rumored to have ensued. Witnesses to the event claim to have seen a bell shaped object with strange markings on it being removed from the woods by military personel. Many claim that this object was "The Nazi Bell", and some speculate that Nazi Officer Hans Kammler used The Bell to escape capture by Allied Forces by way of time travel, and crash landed the craft in Kecksburg. He is said to have been integrated into post-war america and worked for our goverment in relation to his work on Nazi super-weapons.

Still with me??????

In regards to Plageuis in the ST, this may have been the inspiration should he appear. It falls in line with thngs that Lucas has found inspiration in for many aspects of the Empire, and makes perfect sense.

How?

have used the description of Plageuis' possible position in the story by saying that he was aware that Anakin was destine to burn down the house, destroying the Sith, and die in the fire. And with that, he knew not to be home when it happened.

Now I haven't read the Plageuis book, but somebody here posted some text from the book where it mentions that some Sith may have had the ability to travel through time and space, or something to that effect. Couple that with his obsession with cheating death, and he just may have survived Palpatines attack and got out of dodge until Anakins existance ran it's course and the coast is now (post ROTJ) clear for a return.

Now if all you Plageuis naysayers haven't thrown up yet, here is where it really gets interesting....

The idea that this guy was integrated into US society and worked with our government leads me to think that Plageuis could do the same.......

For those who believe, proof is required.
    For those who don't, no proof is good enough.
    And so is the Tradegy of Darth Plageuis the Wise.

7. Evil--Yoda

Evil--Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 11, 2012
    Clearly when he uses the term Sith he is referring to dark siders.

8. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    How am i supposed to know that?

9. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    If you watch the Saga. there isn't any mention of these other dark siders. Or at least none that I can remember. Dark side and Sith are practically interchangeable words in the movies.

If there's dark siders in the sequels, they'll be Sith.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    You don't know that.

Hypothetically speaking, a jedi could turn to the darkside, leave the order and become a dark jedi, without actually becoming a Sith.

Maybe said darksider would not try or care to restart the Sith, he cares nothing for the "Rule of Two" or any Sith ideology or code.

That my friend would be an example of a dark jedi, a darksider that isn't a Sith.

It could happen.

Besides we have already been shown non-Sith darksiders on screen through TCW. So there is a possibility of it happening in Episode 7.

11. Evil--Yoda

Evil--Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 11, 2012
    If he thought that was the case then he wouldn't have implied that without Sith there will be no one to have a lightsaber duel with.
    Use your head.

Most Star Wars fans have not read the EU. Without reading the EU the assumption given is that all dark side force users are known as Sith.

12. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah, that.

Why would the ST suddenly make a distinction between a 'vanilla' darksider and a full blown Lord of the Sith? For the vast majority of casual fans there isn't any difference.

I'd love nothing more than to see a Jedi Schism, Nightsisters or the Sorcerers of Tund, but I can't see LFL suddenly adding a new group of lightsaber wielding foes when there's Sith ready to go without requiring mass exposition or the average movie goer to have read various sourcebooks and novels or watched a spin off animation. People remember Boba Fett from Empire, not the Holiday Special.

13. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    No sith? lol some of you make me laugh. These movies are not aimed at enthusiasts, such as us. They are aimed at the mass crowds. Expect sith, expect lightsabers and expect great battles.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    "Darksiders" exist in the Star Wars universe yes but without Sith teachings they cannot harness the full power of the dark side and thus would be a non threat to any Jedi who is fully trained in the ways of the "light side" of the force.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    ^ The video below is us in our mission to push Plageuis on the forum as we surround the anti Sith and Anti Plageuis Star Wars fan imposters with superior numbers and force. At the 2:40 mark is you having your time travel freak out. We will have their gasoline my brother. Be patient, be wise. The gasoline will belong to us but we must be more diligent and cunning. Let us now put an end to the suffering. No more time travel.

Bullhead CIty and Dra--- like this.
  16. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I saw that episode of UFO whatever show, with the acorn shaped craft. One of the ones that stuck with me was the military people finding the small triangular craft with strange writting on it and they took notes while inspecting it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

I can't formulate a fundamental position on the subject. I think there's life in the universe for sure but the distence they'd have to travel to get here is mind blowing. I suppose the Kardashev scale addresses that though. Type 3 civilization and all. Maybe we're just not as advanced as we think we are and that's too much for some of our ego's?

17. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Your wish is my command.:p

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree. And yet, the longer TCW keeps Maul alive, the more the fear of his appearing in the ST begins to build in the back of my mind. The guy's become like a ******* nightmare, who just won't go away.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    you're pretty charming. You probably don't mean to be, so I forgive your condescension. :)

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

That would be such a horrible idea I can't tell you how disappointed I would be with that. I loved Maul in TPM and I can even accept him in TCW but to place him in the ST would be such an over the top and awful thing for them to do. I share your dread on that one, TreborSabreon. [face_sick]

TreborSabreon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    The villain is Palpitine's clones son's second cousin's once removed mother's grandma's aunt's brother's (mixed with DNA from the gungan family of Jar Jar Binks) mutant zombie son.

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Palpatine did resurrect from the dead in Dark Empire and there may be an animated trilogy of Dark empire. Lucas loves the story!!!!

23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    What if Plagueis or Palpatine survived using the Tenebrous Way? (Or even Tenebrous himself)

Or the antagonist could've been created by Palpatine at the time of the OT using Plagueis' midi-chlorian manipulation technique.

24. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I think they could use Dathomir to great effect in the ST without using Maul.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  25. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    It worked in the exorcist ;)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.