main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. HallowedPhoenix

HallowedPhoenix Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 18, 2013
    Yeah. I've seen characters who are given like, three minutes of total screentime that can still hit you right in the gut with a precision feel strike. Don't underestimate what power a single sentence, a word, a look can have on your heartstrings.

Whether they deliver remains to be seen, of course.

2. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    I see it as a sort of mother-daughter relationship. Luminara wants the best for Barriss, but she realises that she can't be both her instructor and her friend, because that kind of attachment is risky. She needs to discipline Barriss so that she can become a model Jedi knight, that will be grateful in the future. Barriss might feel like Luminara doesn't care as much as she could, but Luminara really does care about Barriss (when she thought Barriss was dead she was obviously distraught but maintained herself and when she discovered that Barriss was alive, she was emotional and happy). Unfortunately, as in real life, many strict relationships like this result in the child rebelling...

3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Just like Waxer's death last season, this "reveal" would be so much more shocking if we have seen more of Barriss and what she is like in this show...instead they throw us this after her only starring in 2 episodes prior to this, 3 seasons ago. This is real lame. If they actually started building this up a season or so ago, with a nice arc with Barriss in it, then maybe.

I'll reserve my full opinion on this after the episode though, we'll see how they do this.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    If they start it here and end it here, I'll agree with you.

Ideally, they'll start it here and it will carry on into the next season.

QuangoFett likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I have a theory to why Barris is behind this, she is jealous of Ahsoka

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Barriss need to have a good long run as a reoccurring villain if she has turned to the darkside. She could turn out to be an even more effective villain than Maul. What made Maul cool is how legitimately menacing he was.

Quirkiness101 and QuangoFett like this.
  7. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    I stand by my theories of it all being unintentional or because she's trying to get Ahsoka expelled and thus removed from the war.

We'll see in just a few more days...

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, we shall see.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    As long as Barriss is not pure evil or not doing this to avenge her dead boyfriend. You want pessimism from me. There it is.

10. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    I don't want pessimism from you...

I honestly don't know why else she could go through all the trouble to set Ahsoka up. They're friends, Ahsoka is probably the only friend Barriss has ever truly had, I can't see her doing this out of malice.

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Anakin and Obiwan were friends to, look how that turned up.

Actually Obiwan and Anakin's case was closer then Ahsoka and Barris, they weren't simply just friends, they were "brothers".

So if Anakin could betray his brother, and become evil, then Barris could become evil and turn on her former friend.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pffft... fine!

I dunno about only friend. She seemed really upset about that Tutso guy dying. They sounded really close. Best friends? Brother/ sister? Getting serious? Ahsoka is definitely her buddy though. I'm sticking with my backward help theory.

13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    If Barriss is working with or for Dooku, I hope to see a different side of Dooku from the ruthless taskmaster who abuses and perpetually demands things from Ventress, Savage, Grievous and the various CIS minions. We could, for once, see Dooku as the charismatic manipulator he has always been meant to be.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    Yeah, except that whole thing between Anakin and Obi-wan was beyond forced and contrived. Going by the films alone, I never once saw anything to indicate Anakin ever felt anything other than hate and jealousy of Obi-wan. Not the case here, but their relationship in the PT was most certainly not well done.

Ahsoka and Barriss' relationship however has been well crafted until now, and unlike Anakin who has been shown to be an outright psychopath in the past, Barriss has never come across as a terrorist or a potential dark side user.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Personally I hope Dooku isn't mentioned in this arc. I expect involvement from him but lets save it until next season and leave Barriss's apprenticeship to the imagination when she flies off into the night. Provided Anakin doesn't... wait... can't say it.

Wait what? Anakin and Obi-wan were like brothers. Sometimes like father and son with Anakin like the spoiled little brother or son.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    I think she was upset with Tutso dying because she caused that death, and it was someone she knew. Maybe they were close, but she does not indicate as much, merely that this person helped her as a younger Jedi. It's debatable.

Maybe Barriss has other friends, but we're never shown any aside from Ahsoka, so my point stands.

17. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    Screw that, if Barriss is working with him, I'd rather forget the manipulator for a moment and see the man who left the Jedi because he felt like they had become corrupt. Dooku is an idealist, Sidious is the manipulator.

QuangoFett likes this.
  18. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    If he kills her...

:_|

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Man, you know, a good way to continue Anakin's path to the dark side is letting his anger out and kill Barris

20. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    Don't say that! Barriss just needs more hugs! How can she get more hugs if she gets her head sliced off!?

:(

21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Um no, we have enough of Anakin doing not so good things in the PT and in TCW, before his fall to the darkside. We don't need more foreshadowing.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Agreed. Personally, I'd much rather see Barriss return next season as a villain/sorta-villain than waste that potential on a decapitation. Besides, this arc already does plenty to develop Anakin's growing mistrust and anger, it doesn't need a murder on top of it.

Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  23. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    IMO I'd rather see Barriss take the Ventress approach and sort out her life away from the Jedi Order. Though I could see her being a mean sabac player.

24. HallowedPhoenix

Feb 18, 2013
    Agreed.

I honestly like how in this instance Anakin is actually trying to do things the right way, the Jedi way, to have Ahsoka plead her case to the Council. He's actually putting his trust in them.

...and getting nothing for it.

I don't think he'll kill Barriss. It'll be harder to convince everyone of the truth if she dies. If I had to guess, I think this one will end with Barriss either escaping or in prison, Ahsoka will leave the Order of her own free will in disgust for how they threw her to the wolves, and Anakin will be left feeling terrible, knowing it's the Council's fault Ahsoka is walking away from him.

cwustudent and QuangoFett like this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Was just saying, not saying it's gonna be happen but it would be interesting