main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Luke's son to kill Luke?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth slaughter, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    I just got a feeling something like this may happen... I think Lucasfilm will want to turn it on its head a bit and change things around a bit while still keeping with the general theme of what was going on in the original trilogy.
    One thing is for sure... If Luke or leia does have a son/daughter... They won't be like the whiny anakin, I think they'll be a lot tougher

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Their kids should be in it, and just be fat lazy slobs that like to sit around on the couch all day and watch TV

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No... no... no... and I will give you a fourth...

[​IMG]

This is the second time I've had to use this image today. :p Serious this would be an awful idea. Sorry.

4. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    I dont see that happening, but i do see him dying at some point in the trilogy. I also think most logical "central conflict" of the series will be between the skywalker children (Luke and Leia's kids), some of whom are jedi and one or more of whom turn to the dark side.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    It would be a beautiful *and tragic* twist but no...I'd be too worried he'd go dark side and I dont want another skywalker going to the dark side. My heart can't take it =((

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    What is this infatuation with killing off either one, two or all of the original three main cast? Why the hell bring them back to just kill them off? How insulting to them and the fanbase they built. Notta chance.

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    We like death, ok [face_devil]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Yea. Yea...

I mean, think of this from a business standpoint. A company buys out another company and its properties for over 4bil, and the first thing it does is start killing off the actors/characters/properties that built it into something worth over 4 billion? You can't get more horrendous business than that.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And I want you to continue to use it. Because it's awesome, that's why.

Oh, I should say something about the topic too: No, no, no, no and no. Why? Because there's no reason why the son should do this. Luke is probably a wonderful dad.

11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Ehh I doubt disney cares too much about killing off a bunch of old guys *either way they wont be gone. They'll become force ghosts so its not like they're not gunna be in the series after they're killed*.
    EDIT: Also its not like if they kill off Luke this movie series will bomb and they'll never make their money back. So no...its not really a financial worry. More of a story telling

12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    JJ Abrams blew up Vulcan........................

Just saying

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    THAT
    The guy blew up freaking Vulcan.....killing off Luke will be no big deal to him.

14. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I dont think we will see that. You wouldnt have the child of one of the most popular characters kill him.

Just isnt logical...

-C

15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Things we can take away from this post: Some fangirl is gunna write some sick, twisted, dark fan fic about this *with Lukes kid killing him*.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Han I can understand, as this is the actor's original wishes. Won't happen in EPisode VII though. Notta chance. Too soon to toss that card out.

Then again, that would be quite a twist.

So maybe I shouldn't expect anything/nothing/everything/something. Potato.

17. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    If you're starting a franchise again you don't want to play it too safe and have everybody survive. What better way to kick off the franchise than to kill off a OT character? It'll definitly get people talking.

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think/hope Han is the one of the chopping block. He is neither a wise Jedi master nor a chancellor of the Republic (that would be his wife). His greatest skills are flying and shooting. His character arc is basically over. It's much easier to replace him than it is to replace Luke or Leia imo.

Darth Claire likes this.
  19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Pretty much....and oddly....Leia is the only character who I cant think of a way/reason to kill her off. She's not like Luke who serves the mentor role, or Han *who has a death wish*. Leia....I just dont know. :confused:

20. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004

Well, my original idea was to start Episode VII at a pod race, and Leia gets a rogue engine in her face as a "Take it easy, sleazy" moment. What better way to kickstart a new generation of movies.

21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    HA!

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, because that's all the characters of Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Han Solo, et al. are to the Star Wars franchise: "a bunch of old guys."

LucasFilm knows better than that. They know what those characters mean to their company and Disney is too smart not to see these characters for what they are worth.

I'm not saying this means that any of the original characters won't meet their fate during the ST (I imagine that some will), but in a number of your posts, you seem to far undersestimate the worth of these characters (and they who play them) as they currently stand ("old guys," "poor actors," etc.). You've every right to your opinion, of course. I'm only suggesting that the folks in charge don't share your view.

DARTHSHAME and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Sorry if I offended you or anything. I dont remember ever saying they are poor actors but yeah thats just my nickname for them. Also...safer to underestimate then overestime and get disappointed *thats just my way of keeping expectations modest. I've been let down too many times *specifically with Green lantern* to go around with super high expectations. Just my thing*. Either way....they're not gunna "die". They'll be back so in a sense nobody is dying.

Also I doubt Disney will care too much because its probably not their decision who lives who dies.

24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    For the eighth millionth time.......

JJ ABRAMS IS NOT WRITTING THIS!!!!!

Am I the only one who understands this?

25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I understand it ....George Lucas wrote a treatment & Michael Arndt is writing the screen play......

DarthMateous likes this.