main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends When Blue Eyes met Green L/M - Update 04/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 26, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Emerald, you're multi-talented. You can do comedy as well as awesome mush!!! Just like JediMara77. :D [face_love] !!!!!

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe. I can see a pregnant Mara stunning an annoying Luke. Actually, in one of my fics, she did :D

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Cutest ball and chain ever!

4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012

Which one?

Thanks; its actually whatever mood I'm in..if I want to write a sad piece, a mushy fluff one...a funny one. All what i have a feeling for at the time.

Ineed!

Note: This is the last one-shot I have written for the Blue Eyes thread. I still have more for the Fleeting Moments one though. TONS, so do not despair. For a while anyway.
    Part 2
    "Are you sure?" Luke said, concern radiating from his eyes.

"Not certain. Only what I read off the test strip." She sighed heavily.

"Is that all?" Luke seemed relieved.

Mara couldn't believe her husband's cavalier tone.

"What more is there?" She asked.

He took her hands in his. "Mara, you haven't been to the doctor, correct?"

"No, I haven't. I just found out recently."

"Then there's a possibility the test could be wrong." He reached up to stroke her face. "Let's go to see an obstetrician."

Mara looked at him uncertainly. "What if he confirms what the test says, Luke?" Her voice started to rise.

"Then we'll deal with the matter then. Right now, I want you to take deep calming breaths," He drew her to him. "I can see how much you're frightened by this, and the last thing I want is for you to ever be uncomfortable with anything."

Mara nodded, allowing herself to be held close.

"We've only been married for a month, Luke. One whole kriffin' month!" She hollered, breaking away. "This is way too soon to have a child; we've barely had time for 'us'."

"I know."

"What if I'm a terrible mother?" She questioned fiercely, beginning to pace once more.

"You won't be."

"But what if I am? I've never had a mother….my closet parental figure was Old Yellow Eyes. I don't know how to be a parent."

"Do you think I do?" Luke questioned.

This stopped his wife.

"Mara, just because I spent a few times babysitting my sister's children, doesn't make me automatic father material."

"Maybe not," Mara admitted. "But I saw how you act with the Solo kids, and I know you'd be a great dad."

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't. I won't know until that time comes for me-and that includes you. You won't know if you'll be a good mother until you become one. No one knows that, Mara." He gestured wildly. "Do you think Han and Leia knew they were going to be good parents? They didn't. Leia use to constantly worry about having children because of who our father was. But the fact remains, she is a mother now, and she's one because she gave it a try, she thought it worthwhile. She didn't know, Mara. She had to try.

"Just like you and I will try. We will, because I know you have that capacity in you. I know you're panicked right now, and unsure, but the first step to take is to go see the doctor. All else will be decided then. All right?"

She nodded.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes."

"I'll make the call then."

"No, I will."
    To be continued in Part 3

5. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Aww! I loved the previous post with Mara on the verge of knocking Luke out just to have some peace :p

I liked this bit! Bless 'em both! [face_love] So they didn't have perfect family/backgrounds/up-bringings..
    Find it funny that they would both be more comfortable with saving the galaxy than the challenge of having children..:)

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AWW! I love potential-daddy-Luke.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Luke always know the right thing to say. :)

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Luke is a total sweetie, like who didn't know that? :D

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Well, he does tend to worry alot.. It overwhelms her alot; I think Luke worried about her when she wasn't pregnant..her being pregnant is a scary thing for him..because he's a worrier by nature..meaning he worries about her naturally lol
    Well, with baddies its easy..some are predictable..a child..not so predictable..its somethign new.

We always knew that...I always thought Luke would make a good father and husband..he's a very caring man, some stupid women aren't just bright enough to realize that.

Title Compromising Positions
    Notes: This was one of the SECOND fan fics I wrote...it never got many reviews, just one, but it was still worth it. Well, two but I don't count that...the man obviously never read the EU books, so he was making wrong assumptions. Anyway, on with the show!
    Also, I don't think I had Mara and Luke perfected at this point..so they might sound odd.
    Luke looked over to his wife as she stood out on the balcony to the Coruscant apartment; she was stretching downward, aiming to touch her toes. She held that position a total of a minute before switching over with both hands to her left foot. His wife repeated this step then with her right foot, holding it for a minute at a time. When she had finished Mara started the cycle all over again. The Jedi couldn't help but stare, but still averted his eyes when he realized his eyes were fixated too much on a very charming aspect of his wife. If she ever knew where he'd been staring, she'd murdered him.

A smile quirked his lips as he lifted his cup of caf to it.

"Are you just going to stand there and stare?" Mara intoned over her shoulder.

Luke froze: he had been caught red-handed.

"What would you like me to do?" He asked, recovering.

"Help me."

Her husband widened his eyes. "Help you?" His mouth went dry.

"Yeah, I can't get this calf stretched enough. Come over here. I'll show you what to do..."

The man couldn't help but show a slight smile at this implication. He placed the cup down and carefully started toward her.

"And wipe that smile off your face, you pervert." Mara muttered. "I didn't mean it like that. Honestly, Skywalker, I'm appalled. You think a Jedi Master wouldn't have a dirty mind."

Luke calmly made his way to her side, leaning on the balcony railing when he got there. He cast a glance down at her and was granted with a look into her deep green eyes. She shot him a dirty look. He smiled then turned around and leaned the opposite way.

"If you had been clear…"

"I didn't think I would have to be clear, gutter rat." Mara sighed and continued. "Now if you can get your mind out of the proverbial trash pile for a few seconds, I want you to listen to me." The ex-assassin backed up slightly. "I need to walk out a bit for this part. Your job is keep me from falling on my face."

He frowned as if disappointed.

"Doesn't sound like much fun." Luke finally said.

"Yeah, and if you want to have fun, you'll do as a say for now." She walked her hands out a bit and leaned over again. "Your job is to get me to keep my legs straight as possible."

"I thought I was your spotter." He responded smartly.

"You are. Now stop being a smart ass, I mean it." She glared at him from her upside down position.

His grin grew wider, and Mara swore if a Jedi could have a lecherous smile, that one was it. It was bordering really, just enough innocence and mischief in his eyes, to be counted as lewd. Somehow the he managed to make it look appealing.

"But you look so…fetching from where I'm standing." He stated. "Can't I just spot you?"

She ground out, looking murderous. "You know, I'm having second thoughts about not killing you. Do you honestly have a death wish that much, Farmboy?"

His smile faded then he began to back off.

"That's what I thought."

"I'll just ….I have to look at some temple documents Clighal sent me." He left in the direction of the bedroom.

"Coward!" Mara called out, straightening.

"I prefer to think of it as a strategic retreat." The Jedi respond. "After all, one can always run away and live to fight another day. A dead somebody cannot do anything."

"Is that what you tell your students?"

He scoffed. "Of course not." He had a datapad now grasped in his hands. His eyes did not catch hers for the longest time. "That little crumb of wisdom I reserve specifically for myself."

She raised a brow, turning to look at him. Her red hair was tousled and shone in the light of the rising sun. Her eyes sparkled amused.

"After all, a wise Jedi once said, it's not smart to mess with fire."

The woman glided over, a mesmerizing look in her eyes, and stopped a foot away from him. She gave him a captivating smile and ran her fingers along his right flank. "Is that so?" Mara moved closer. "That is sound advice. Does the wise Jedi always follow this rule?"

"He tries."

"Does he?"

The Jedi nodded somberly. She pressed herself close to her husband, wrapping her arms fully around him and pulling him to her by his waist. She then leaned her forehead against his, her emerald eyes locked on his clear, blue ones. "But…" His wife raised a finger to his lips. "I find fires most beautiful don't you." She gave a sensual smile. "It's hard to stay away…All that heat…those flames…" She wet her lips.

"Mara…" He warned.

"What?"

"You're not making this easy for me."

"I'm just talking about fire, Luke." Mara reminded and pressed her body more firmly against his.

"You know exactly what you're doing."

She arched an eyebrow. "Do I?"

He narrowed his eyes, noting the playful look that entered Mara's eyes. She began to break away from him and grinned. She twined her hands behind her back and took several steps backward.

With a shake of her head she finally said, "There you go with your mind in the trash pile again." She propped her hands on her hips, giving him a mock glare. "I think I need to fix that."

Luke grinned once more.

"Gutter rat..." She snorted and turned on her heal. "If only your students could get inside that nasty little brain of yours, they'd be horrified."

"Your fault."

"Nuh-uh, Skywalker." She amended and started towards the front door. "I'll be heading out…you can," She gave him a once over. "… go mediate."
    With that said, Mara Jade was gone.

Luke Skywalker sat down on his caf table. Meditate? Right. Like that was going to solve his problem at the moment.

Gemma likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A cold shower might fix the problem. :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mara's a tease in this [face_laugh] [face_thinking] And a mutual shower would really fix the ... problem [face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_batting]

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I'm thinking a cold shower might be Luke's only option at the moment :p

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover [face_laugh] [face_batting] Help me out over here [face_laugh] Why is Mara so ... erm, not in the mood? :confused:

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Why are you asking me? I'm not writing this story. :p When EJF sends me stuff to look at I usually say, "Needs more bootknocking.":D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    To which I roll my eyes. lol

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Notes: As I said before, some of these were one-shots by themselves..unrelated to FM or Blue Eyes..but I've decided to try include them in one thread or the other. It's slightly difficult trying to classy them...so I hope it works out/makes sense.

Title: The Swindle-Slip
    Summary: In this one-shot...Luke makes a hard decision concerning the fate of the order during the DNT and Mara stands beside him on it.
    Thanks for the recurring review theme..yes Luke needs a cold shower and Mara IS a tease.
    @Jedi_Lover, Hazel, Jade_eyes, Briannakin

Luke Skywalker sat cross-legged in his living area inside the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He had his chin rested on his folded hands, his eyes focused somewhere far off—but not really seeing anything. . Moon beams were coming in bright through the large window, bathing him in an almost ethereal glow.

Mara stood in their bedroom doorway, observing her husband with her keen green eyes. She watched him draw in a frustrated breath and then closed his eyes, brow furrowing.

She frowned, quietly picking her way over to her husband. When she was close enough, she carefully placed herself by him. She rested her hand on his back comfortingly.

"Honey…what's wrong?" She asked.

"Everything." He replied.

"Everything? Narrow it down a bit more, Luke. I'm not a mind reader." Mara gave a tight smile. "Oh, I could probably find out…but I'd rather you tell me."

"It's everything, Mara. It's Kyp. It's Corran. It's me. It's the whole blasted Order."

"Good, now we're communicating."

"It's just that…I'm not sure where to go anymore. During the Yuuzhan Vong War I began to doubt myself, now with the Killik Crisis and the Galactic Alliance I'm doing even more so. The Order is tearing itself apart because I am not a capable leader like I should be."

"Luke, don't say that." His wife rebuked.

"Well, what am I to think…I'm doing no better than I was during the Vong War. Only it's worsened drastically. Instead of the small schism we had, it's widened to this great….chasm.

"And Kyp and Corran are at the diverging axis points..." He sighed heavily. "What's more their inane fighting has caused a strain among the Masters—they've dragged them into this….matter which shouldn't even been one to begin with. If only…"

"Luke. Stop." Mara edged around to face him. "You're not going to fix anything with if-onlys."

"I know, I know, but, Mara….I'm at a loss of what to do…" He curled and uncurled his fingers.

"This was bound to come up sooner or later." Mara reasoned. "Kyp and Corran have always had different opinions of allegiances."

"Neither of which I believe is right." Luke stated. "The Jedi are not the minions of the government like Corran would have us be nor is it the duty of the Jedi to work solely for freeing every being we find injustice like Kyp would have us do. The Jedi serve a greater matter. Our role is not as black and white as they would have us believe.

"I've preached for every Jedi to follow his heart, and I suppose Corran is just following his. He's following what he feels is right. So, yes, I can see why he would think our allegiance is to the Galactic Alliances. The GA gave us resources to rebuild this Temple, they provide us power and other necessary amenities—things we could have never gained on our own." He paused. "I am grateful to the GA, but at the same time I'm disturbed by it.

"In the end, we're beholden to the Alliance for our very existence—a fact that Chief Omas never hesitates to hang over my head every chance he gets mind you." An annoyed tone entered his voice.

"I'm aware of Omas' subtle strong-arm tactics, Husband-dear. I don't like them either—makes me want to smack him upside the head every time he says "our Jedi".

"Yes… But Omas' overbearing attitude aside…" He ran a hand through his hair, letting his chin drop to his chest. "I just need answers—because this is bigger than Omas or even Kyp or Corran. This involves the fate of the entire Order. A fate that's, at this moment, hanging precariously by a thread, and if I don't do something about it, Mara, the Order will be torn apart." He paused. "Right now, I'm questioning if I should make that choice..."

Mara sighed exasperated.

"Luke, listen. You are their leader—whether or not you fully want to recognize yourself as such. I'll admit, my viewpoint is the same as Kyp's but I'm not going to let that impair my judgment. I think I have a good enough head on my shoulders to recognize that." She reached out and laid her hand atop his. "I know when it boils down to it; we have to make the best choice for the Order. And, Luke," She removed her hand from his and framed his face with both of them, lifting her husband's face to meet her gaze. "If that means putting your foot down heavily, then do it. Cut them off at the knees if you have to."

Luke balked. "I can't do that."

"Like hell you can't you!" Mara retorted. "I know kriffin' well you won't let this Order go to ruins." Her voice softened. "You have too much love and too much heart. You've put your blood into this Order. I don't believe you're going to give up so easily—that's not the man I married."

"You're right, Mara. I have to do something. This is even bigger than the Order alone. If the Jedi come to blows amongst themselves, what happens to the Balance of the Force?" He shook his head and got up. "I could not forgive myself if I allowed the galaxy to suffer."

He set his lips and began to pace the floor in front of the large window. Mara tracked his movements, waiting patiently as her husband pondered the matter. She could see he was looking for an answer; trying to decide which road would best serve the Order.

After pacing for a few minutes, he pivoted on his heal and snapped his fingers, shouting, "I've got it! I think I've concocted the perfect way to get the Masters to acquiesce."

His wife raised a brow.

"Oh?" She made a gesture. "Then please do share with the rest of the class. Don't keep me in suspense, Skywalker."

He smiled briefly.

"Gladly, Wife." He interlaced his fingers and walked back over to Mara. "Are you familiar with the term Rubogean Gambit?"

"Yeah...but I don't know how that's going to help you, Dear."

"It's very simple," He sat down. "If there's strife between the Jedi I need to create a diversion; give them a common goal instead of infighting amongst themselves."

Mara furrowed her brow then looked up, her eyes flashing with recognition. "In other words, you're going to flash something super shiny at them." An amused tone crept into her voice.

He nodded solemnly.

"But it's not really a something...not an "it"….it's more like a…whom." She stared at him resolutely. "You're going to make yourself a target aren't you?"

"Correct."

"By using the Rubogean Gambit…" She muttered. "So, what are you going to use to distract them—besides your handsome self?" She grinned. "'Cause I don't think that's going to cut it, Honey."

"Myself is all I will need."

"Pardon?"

He flashed her a mischievous look. "If the Masters are intent on engaging each other personally, I'll give them a better opposition. I'll become their…adversary instead." Luke explained, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "You're right, Mara. It's time for me to crack down….this Order has become too lose as of late."

"You intend to take full control of the Order, don't you?" Mara folded her arms. "Or at least, give the appearance that you are." She bit her lip in thought. "But what gurantee is there that it will work—and if it does, what if they take your seriously. Luke, I know you. You don't want this—you could be stuck with it if they believe you."

"Exactly." He eyes seemed to dance. "I want it to be believable; it's not a true Rubogean Gambit if I can't fool them." He reached out and drew her into his arms.

"My hope is that they will see through me. I want them to be alerted to how they're behaving; I want them to see reason, of what they're doing to the Order. And if they don't…I will follow through with my ruse if I have to, Mara. I will not allow the Jedi Order to collapse in on itself."

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. He watched her as she sat in thought, drawn in on herself. He didn't bother her, but simply waited her out as she had done for him. When she was done thinking, Mara raised her head and stared up into her husband's blue eyes.

"All right."

Luke frowned, cocking his head. "All right?"

She placed a hand on his cheek. "I'm behind you one hundred percent of the way, Luke. If this is what you feel you need to do, what you feel is necessary then I'll back you on this."

"I don't have very many options, Mara." He gave a sad shake of his head.

"I know. That's why I'm going to back you."

He looked into her eyes with utter adoration.

"I love you so..."

She smiled gently. "I know that too."

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I remember this part of the bug trilogy. Kyp and Corran were dividing the Order and Luke had to make a stand to stop them from tearing it apart.

This is a great missing scene. It definitely works well in the context of the books.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Emerald, this is great and very much in character. Your dialogue is packed with emtoion, which I love. =D= And you've highlighted another reason I love ff writers to the moon and back, they would have created a crisis, but it always makes more sense than that whole Killik thing did :p and after that, it became like a train wreck :rolleyes: I've never thought the Jedi should serve the government blindly, no matter what. So I guess I'm more on Kyp's side on this.... You can't save or help everybody, but it's the everyday folks who need assistance and empathy. The political types have it made in the shade and everywhere else and just wanna protect their standard of living, etc. [face_laugh] So I hope Luke's plan works. And Mara is awesome to have on your side. [:D]

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Great missing scene. I really like the tone of Luke and Mara's coversation.

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hey, don't try to make me like something that came from Dark Nest! :p But I liked seeing Mara and Luke talk this out.

"By using the Rubogean Gambit…" She muttered. "So, what are you going to use to distract them—besides your handsome self?" She grinned. "'Cause I don't think that's going to cut it, Honey."

[face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    @ginchy, Too late! [face_laugh] I thought it would have been interesting...seeing Luke bring something like that out of left field was...startling. Of course their are plenty who found that proclamation dumb..(serving the Order and if your loyalty is not to it leave), but I think Luke was really grasping at straws at the point in an attempt to keep the Order from falling apart.

Hazel, Jade_eyes, Briannakin Thank you, I think the conversation worked out well. I liked how Mara supported Luke..it showed she had faith in him, even if the decision wasn't ideal all around. Maybe the authors thought that scene wasn't needed but it would have been good to see Luke struggling to make this decision..he didn't do it lightly after all. He didn't want to be "King of the Jedi" as Han puts it (that phrase always makes me smirk)

Title: How I Love Her
    Notes: I was thinking of putting this into another thread by itself, but since it sort of relates to Luke's relationship with Mara I will include it. It's sad, because it has to deal with Mara's death and Luke explaining things to Ben about how he felt about Mara. At the time, my viewpoint on when Luke and Mara fell in love was different..But I still think its a good piece. ]

Also, it was in two parts but I will include it as one.

The Short Question

"Dad?"

"Hm?" Luke was performing his yearly maintenance on his little astromech droid, R2-D2.

"Can I ask you something?" Ben shifted his mother's lightsaber in his hand.

His father stopped what he was doing and set down his tool. He pivoted to engage his son fully. "Go ahead. Whatever it is, I'll do my best to answer you."

"Did you love mom?"

Luke nearly choked at this question. "What?" He said, recovering from his shock. "Ben, what kind of question is that! Of course I loved your mother. Why would you ask me something like that!"

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "I know you loved her now…then...," His son paused. "But what about before you got married?"

The Grand Master froze, stunned. Out of all the questions he'd thought Ben would ask, this was not one of them. He simply did not have an immediate answer for this one. The boy gazed at him expectantly.

"Well, Ben," He began tentatively. "That's….complicated." Luke looked into his son's eyes. "You know how your mother and I met."

"Sure," He smirked. "She wanted to kill you—you guys had one screwed up relationship, by the way."

"Thank you." Luke responded dryly.

"You're avoiding the question entirely though." He frowned.

"Ben," Luke's tone was bordering on annoyed. "You wanted the story, and I'm giving it to you."

"I wanted to know if you loved mom, not the whole kriffin' story."

Luke sighed heavily. He was not pleased with Ben's tone—but he understood it. His boy was hurting with the loss of his mother; just as Luke was hurting with the loss of his wife—his mate. He supposed that was why he'd taken Ben's innocent question so badly.

He sat down cross-legged and urged Ben to sit in front of him. "Take a seat, this is not a one word answer. It involves some explanation."

Ben did so and waited patiently for his father's answer.

"I'm listening."

The teen had expression that said if he didn't like his father's answer he'd possibly be fed to a Rancor. Ben could be down-right scary when he acted like his mother.

"Well," Luke pressed his hand together and looked around as if he was trying to choose the correct words. "Not instantly. Not the way you would expect, for an engaged couple."

He looked up into his son's eyes; they were laced with hurt and confusion.

The Grand Master sighed. "I told you it was complicated."
    The Extended Answer
    "Please explain why it's complicated." Ben sounded angry.
    "Because love is complicated. Relationships are complicated in general. They can't be explained so easily, because sometimes, you're not able to understand why you feel the way you do about that one person. With you mother I believe it was like that.
    "Our meeting was perilous to say the least. It started with her pointing a blaster at my head and threatening that she was going to kill me—of course I knew she wouldn't. I could sense good in her even then. What she had become was not who she truly was deep inside. I trusted her not to kill me, as much as I could feel she hated me.
    "Your mother often made excuses as to why she kept me alive, but I always felt if she truly wanted my dead, she would have killed me the first time she met me. No questions—no monologue. I guess, she preferred that at the time." He smiled lightly.
    "After you mother had fulfilled her last command by killing my clone, she was freed from Palpatine's control. What began between us was a tenuous relationship at best; your mother still had problems with trust and was shy to show her emotions to others. Palpatine had long since engrained those feelings into her and beat others out of her. But, in time we formed camaraderie of sorts; we slowly became, I guess what you would call friends. At least I felt it was that way on my part. Your mother was still reserved; still wary of what I offered.
    "She later confided that…I was perhaps the only friend she'd ever had. I felt her admission had drawn us one step more to being closer."
    Ben sighed. "I know all this."
    "But you don't know what I'm about to tell you." He traced lines on the deck. "You see back then, I felt a certain pull in my very soul. It was as if I felt a certain kinship with your mother. I felt a deep trust for her more the any woman I'd ever known..."
    "Except for Callista." Ben scoffed.
    Luke warned, "Ben."
    The youth raised his hands on surrender. "Please, by all means continue."
    His father frowned. "I don't think I should if you're going to give me that kind of attitude."
    Ben frowned, casting his eyes to the side. "You can't stop." He said pleadingly. "I have to know."
    Luke sighed. "Then maybe you'll let me finish without casting judgment."
    "Go ahead."
    "As I said, I felt a very deep trust for Mara. I did have feelings for her per se," He put a hand on Ben's arm. "But it wasn't love." He took a deep breath. "I loved Callista. Very deeply—and at the time, I thought she loved me. I was fool. She cared about obtaining the Force once more, more than she wanted me. It broke my heart."
    Ben didn't like this; didn't want to hear his father talk about this other woman with such emotion and love in his voice.
    "Your mother was there for me. To me she was a very dear friend, who helped me through that hard time in my life. I felt so lost without Callista. I searched for her, but couldn't find her…I gave up. Mara was there. I think there was a time she grew sick of my moping. Disgusted of me. But I knew she cared. She later told me, she hated what Callista had made of me, what she'd done to me; that, as my friend, it hurt her to see me hurting.
    "I knew your mother cared, and I cared for her. It was a powerful bond I felt; though as I said not necessarily of love. I couldn't deny that the relationship I had with Mara was evolving, your mother was starting to open up more. Even when she refused my attempts to get her to train, she still took time to see me. In fact, she once told me, she'd come to Yavin IV one time because she wanted to see me. I couldn't help but feel she wasn't as completely hopeless as she believed herself to be.
    "Then came Nirauan...When I saw that vision of your mother, my heart felt tight and I was frightened for her, for some inexplicable reason I couldn't explain at the time. Now, I believe it largely had to do with the deep connection felt with her. And when we experienced that Force-meld, my heart pushed me, and I knew what it was telling me. It was in that moment that I knew, the reason I cherished her so much…Because she was the woman I was meant to be with for the rest of my life. All the other women, that had gone before her….were merely stepping stones; a broken path that led me to who I was truly meant to be with. I realized that my failed relationships had been a sign, which I had not been able to see before—a sign that Mara was the true one for me."
    Luke shrugged with a timid smile. "And so, I asked her to marry." He looked earnestly at Ben. "It felt so right. We felt right. Even if we may not have lived, I wanted her as my wife, to know she would be regardless of the outcome on Nirauan.
    "And Mara said yes."
    He took a breath, coming to the end of his long winded explanation. "So to answer your question…Did I love your mother before we married? I'm not sure, but what I felt for her, could not be denied. She was very special to me, Ben…I wasn't about to let her go—and frankly if she'd said no, I think it would have broken me.
    "I'm forever grateful she said yes—while your mother was alive, I felt my life would never be empty as long as I had her by my side." He smiled. "So, it doesn't matter in the long run if I loved her before. I loved her then and I still love her now. That's all that matters."
    Ben sat still for a moment. He was dangerously quiet and that unnerved Luke slightly. The boy was a ticking time bomb when he was silent.
    "Ben?" He quested.
    "All right…That was satisfactory." Ben got up, dusting off his pants. "But this time…can we cut out the long exposition." He rolled his eyes. "Next time, just say, you realized that mom was a very special friend who you wanted to be with for the rest of your days. It'd be a lot easier and take up less of my time."
    Luke sat there, jaw agape.
    "Oh, one more thing…" He grinned. "Did mom love you?"
    "Why you..." His father growled playfully
    Ben ducked an oncoming pillow.
    "Eh, you're still alive, so I guess so."

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Such a sweet father/son conversation!

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful =D= @};- LOL My secret thinking is that he was more than half in love with Mara even during the Jat ;) and I agree about Callista, all the way :p

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I like that Luke could be so honest with his son. :)

25. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    I just found this thread loved the first post. Luke scaring Mara I can see it. I look forward to reading more.