main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You mention Firefly but at least it got it's own film to tie things up. A similar situation occurred with Farscape a show I loved but got cancelled but at least got a mini series to wrap things up with.

As for Disney, they have also been talking about Yoda and Boba Fett spin-offs neither of which are likely to be in the ST either. I'd also be willing to bet that a Darth Vader image/breathing etc will appear in Markerting (the most iconic film character ever) for the ST even though at best only Force ghost Anakin would be about.

Maybe it's not what they planned but they should certainly role with it, specially given that it's got Lucas (who is fond of the show anyway) creative juices going again which they are gonna need for any future Starwars films/shows.

Look I know that that show will have to end soon but simply pulling the plug like this, is just wrong.

2. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Here's hoping Detours gets flushed down the toilet and we never see it again. All current indications point to this being the case.

3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Ahhh the old "unnamed source" at Lucasfilm. The "no comments" from Filoni and company say A LOT more about the state of Clone Wars than mysterious unnamed sources. No comment tells me the show is moving to Disney and there's not much else to say until the season is over. There would be absolutely nothing contractually which would prevent Filoni and other show creators from saying, "Hey we need to get the word out and save the show," absolutely nothing would prevent that. If they knew CN was not picking up the contract and Disney had no intention of picking up the show they could simply say, "Look CN does not have the show scheduled next season so we need fans to flood CN with your letters of support!"

So obviously, someone, somewhere is negotiating for the show, whether that is CN hoping to work a deal with Disney, or Disney exercising after the CN contract is up.

Yancy

hlc88 and Seerow like this.
  4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Serenity didn't wrap everything up though. In fact most of the loose plot threads from Firefly were resolved in comic book form. Same with Pushing Daisies. I can easily see that happening for TCW if Disney doesn't pick up future seasons, which would be a far luckier fate than come cancelled shows get.

Also you are making huge assumptions about a marketing campaign that hasn't even started yet (Admittedly this entire thread is based off of assumptions but I digress). And as for the spin-offs, I'm pretty sure Disney have made it clear that those are a non-entity until episode 7 comes out. Which is what Disney desperately want/need to be a success and will quite probably be the focus of Star Wars based marketing. Unless they find some way of hyping the new movies and merchandising within TCW, like the current arc is hyping 1313 for example, then I feel an ST show is very likely to be on the cards.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well. I got my action figure ready to go. TCW Mace. This party is not over Disney. I admit it would be nice if we could actually get some insider info. Really we don't know hardly anything about any of the contracts or much about how they work. We don't know if Disney might be willing to license TCW out so its hard to know if the right targets are getting hit. I recommend the physical letter route because petitions are to make noise. I was thinking on this and petitions may be to slow. The big facebook one is waiting for 1 million signatures before anything is probably sent. Letters will do a better job of trying to put it in Disney's face.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Cool, do you have a strategy on who to send to at Disney?

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No, I wish I was cool enough to have insider info for Disney but I don't. I know more about Cartoon Network but not sure how much that helps. One possibility is if this is all a contractual dispute in the end is the fandom could try shopping other potential homes for TCW and see if any of them might be interested. Maybe Science Channel or Hub (granted Hasbro doesn't seem interested. Fortunately part owners Discovery Channel are know to partner with Disney from time to time).

8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Here are the two Disney and Lucasfilm addresses that Rebel Force Radio have been sending to that I'm aware of. Of course, I can't say these are the two best options, that's why i was asking for ideas:
    Disney Studios
    500 S Buena Vista St
    Burbank, CA 91521
    Attn: Bob Iger

Lucasfilm
    P.O. Box 29901
    San Francisco, CA 94129-0901
    Attn: Kathleen Kennedy

Seerow likes this.
  9. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

ABC, Inc.
    500 S. Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-4551
    818-460-7477

Anne Sweeny Co-Chair Disney Media Networks

Kevin Brockman Executive Vice President ABC/Disney Television Group

Gary Marsh President and CCO Disney Channels Worldwide

Make it Attn: to the person you are writing. Anne Sweeny would probably be the big one to write.

I would also suggest this link as it would be faster than snail mail:

http://www.disneyabctv.com/web/MediaContacts/contact_form_2.aspx

Yancy

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool. I'll send letters to each address that comes up. I've decided that in my letter I'm just going to pour my heart out.

11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Don't make it to long. In my experience Company execs simply won't read it all, as they either don't have the time or simply cant be bothered. Just make it short maybe 1 paragraph (2 at the very most) with easy to understand almost bullet point sentences.

V-2 likes this.
  12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Bullet points are best, imo. An emotional rant will be filed in the recycling bin with all the death threats, script submissions, stalker mail, etc.

fett 4 and QuangoFett like this.
  13. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >This thread

[​IMG]

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    >this thread

[​IMG]

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    THE CLONE WARS IS FOREVER!!!!!

16. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Disney has owned LucasFilm for months now so if the show is still in production, why hasn't Disney pulled the plug on production yet?

Gallandro likes this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    "These are strange times..." - Asajj Ventress

It is counter-intuitive. But we are not sure which activities have been halted and which have not.

This show is truly unique... Great animation, lighting, performance, a wide variety of stories which add to the star wars mythos with more character development, all in a fun 22 minute package. It will be sad if it goes away.

18. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    yeah, ill be disappointed if this show winds up being cancelled.

I wish they would make a Marvel cartoon version of the Clone Wars.

19. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    This Thread helps to save TCW. Even if it just an inch worth or a drop of Water which helps. But it helps.

[​IMG]

20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    If Ultimate Spider-Man is the best that Marvel can do to replace a popular series, I'd strongly suggest keeping them the hell away from the Clone Wars.

CT-867-5309 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  21. Maddog62

Maddog62 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2013
    I am not sure if this is posted up here, but I need your guys help. I started the petition on Facebook and need all the help I can get. I will post the link.

http://www.causes.com/actions/17333...-clone-wars-to-remain-on-the-air-till-the-end

We are currently just over 800 people and I would like to get as much as possible in the next couple of week before i send it to Lucasfilm and Disney. Pleaase help by posting the link and getting your friends to sign. It takes two minutes.

Darth Ibonek, Seerow and Watto like this.
  22. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
    Disney: Join me and together we can rule the galaxy

23. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012

No, you misunderstood. I wish they made a cartoon using Marvel characters but that used the clone wars cartoon style.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its to bad that LucasAnimation will likely only product Star Wars and Disney stuff. An Animorphs TV show by these people would be my great dream come true. =b

And I will be a concise as possible in my letter. I plan to use a little emotion but don't plan to make it sound like I'm 5 or Fives. I am very happy to here Ashley E. speaking out positively about the shows future. Still I revamped the LACWAC.com page for making some noise. www.lacwac.com/saveourclones

25. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ashley Eckstein said, "There are more Clone Wars stories left to tell and they are working on an announcement on where you can find those future stories. Stay tuned for more information, but that's all I know for now."
    Interesting.

Darthgoodguy and V-2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.