main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Luke's son to kill Luke?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth slaughter, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I understand Mr. "Made me cry during Toy Story 3" is writing this.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    No, you didn't offend me, don't be silly. :)

I guess "a bunch of old guys" could be seen as offensive, but I didn't take it that way. Misinformed (as to how Disney views them), maybe, but I don't believe you were trying to be malicious, or anything.

You're right, though, you didn't use those exact words to describe the OT actor's abilities (only that Daniel Day Lewis would make them "look awful by comparison"), so I should not have quoted that phrase without knowing for certain what you had said, or at least double-checking. My apologies, Claire.

As far as under/overestimation is concerned, I say go with neither and just see the OT characters for what they are. Extremely valuable commodities to Disney/LucasFilm and rich templates for storytelling.

Also, I think that you're right that it isn't going to be for Disney to decide who lives or dies, though they are sure to care ("commodities"). For that matter, I hope JJ Abrams doesn't think it's his decision, either. Do the job you were hired to do and stick to bringing the script you're given to life.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont know if its even JJs decision. Its kind of Lucas and Ardnts decision who lives and who dies *god this reminds me of Game of Thrones. When you play the game of Star Wars you win or you die*. Speaking of them.....seriously where the heck is Arndt! He's the one with the answers! Why havn't we gotten anything from him! :mad:Also in regards of DDL...he just has a bad habit of just demanding perfection...and going into insane character. If he was in SW7 I bet we'd see tons of videos of him trying to use the force to get stuff off the high shelf at krogers or force choking JJ if he gets his scene wrong. It would actually be beautiful to watch. ;)

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Tell me about it. I've already read all about how "JJ likes to have a strong female lead so that means female protagonist!!!" and all I kept thinking is "What difference does any of that make?"

Now, I've heard that Abrams has a tendency to stick his nose into the writing, trying to change scripts as he sees fit, etc. and again, I say, "stick to bringing the page to life, JJ." LucasFilm has George ******* Lucas' treatment for the sequel to the Star Wars trilogy and a fine writer in Arndt to work with, Mr. Abrams. Your story ideas are not needed.

LunarMoth likes this.
  5. Viron

Viron Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2013
    greatest avi of all time lol

6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    But but unanswered questions.....and unnecessary amounts of sexy choking *come on that look kirk gave after spock choked him...spirk forever* and guys who are normally allies beating the crap out of eachother for insulting yo mama. Why....why would you want to deprive us of that :p

7. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    If you wanna talk sexy choking, we can take it to PM. ;)

Before anyone gets upset, I'm kidding. Maybe. May the Force Be With You.

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Ha ha.........but seriously that JJ guy has some fetish for beating up Chris Pine. Now we've given him the ability to choke without using your hands. Oh god what have we done!

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If I want to watch family members killing each other, I'll turn on the evening news.

And I didn't like the story line with Obi-Wan and Yoda ordering Luke to commit patricide, although I completely understand their reasoning.

So no...none of that in the sequels. Please.

Adamina and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
    If they use any of great Star Wars fiction that has come out since the first trilogy these could be great. As long as Lucas doesn't write the script there is a chance for greatness.

This is really making me wish I'd finished my script for "The Adventures of Young Han & Lando". The story follows young Han Solo & Lando Calrissian as they drunkenly carouse across the galaxy solving crimes. And yes superfans, it's a trilogy.

Disney: Join me and together we can rule the galaxy.

11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING!?!??!?!

Darth Chiznuk and Darkskar95 like this.
  12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Who's replaceable?

[​IMG]

15. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    Han and Lando in their 70s in the Millenium Falcon cockpit....

Lando: What do you think of it so far?
    Han: Rubbish!

:D

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I need ear muffs.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Remember the saga's theme is redemption and not vengeance or betrayal. A son killing a father does not seem to fall into redemption in most cases

eDisc likes this.
  18. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    If Luke's son kills Luke he will instantly be the most hated character in SW lore. Completely vilified. It is a shocking, thrilling, and powerful idea. I'd be on board with it.

19. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    It would very trite, lame and predictable. I know some of the originals will die, but they need to go out the right way.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Luke's son or daughter killing him would be quite a tragic turn of events. However, I think it plays too close to what we've seen already. Having one of the Solo twins turn to the Dark side and kill Uncle/Master Luke is similar but different enough to still have tragic consequences for the saga and actually opens up more dynamics and areas of exploration IMO.

21. TheDarkSyde

TheDarkSyde Jedi Padawan

Feb 27, 2013
    Why make a new movie and bring a character back just to see them get killed off, that would be boring!

22. Adamina

Adamina Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    I agree

23. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    It is always about business. They will treat the big three with respect. I think Solo will die a heroic death. However, I think the twins will die peacefully. The idea of Luke's son killing him would be a bad idea. They do not want to send that message. There has been too many kids in real life killing their parents. I think Disney will avoid this type of plotline.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I couldn't agree more. There's probably nothing that kill this trilogy in my mind more than Luke's son killing him. Luke deserves to die with dignity not murdered by his own offspring. [face_shame_on_you]

yggdrasil311 and TreborSabreon like this.
  25. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    If there is anybody to kill Luke either have it be:
    A) the new villain to get everybody to hate that guy
    or
    B) Let him die peacefully to join the force and happiness and stuff
    I can't think of a C....uhhh...lives on in our hearts? IDK
    While the "kid kill Luke" thing would be different...it kinda would be...disturbing...and not a good way to get us to like the hero *unless the kid was like brainwashed and then feels horribly guilty and then desperatly seeks redemption and the rest of the two films is him try to gain back peoples trust....but either way...no...just no*