main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Sith Eyes in EPVII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StoneRiver, Feb 26, 2013.

1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Watched RotJ last night and when I saw the Emperor I had a thought about his dark side eyes, and how Maul had them, Anakin/Vader ended up with them. Dooku was the only one that didn't. My questions to discuss;

1. Will we see "darkside eyes" in EPVII?
    2. Will the "darkside eyes" be expanded upon during the ST?
    3. Were the "darkside eyes" just a red herring/effect that looked good, and that's that for them?

I'm asking because I seem to remember a fair bit of RotS promotion using the Anakin "darkside eyes", and alot of discussion, but nothing went any further. (In much the same way as Syfo-Dias from AotC - but that's another subject ;)).

Anyways, hope this piques someone's interest and we get some interesting theories.

2. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    1) Maybe.
    2) I doubt it. I don't think Disney is interested in expanding anything other than their profit margin. It's unlikely in my mind that they'd spend screen time expanding on some idiosyncrasy from past films.
    3) That's what seems most likely to me. They just looked cool. They gave a visual representation as to how far a character had fallen into evil ways. I don't think there's anything deeper than that.

(4) I'm sorry that I lacked any interesting theories but I just don't think there's much to be read into it but that's just my opinion.

StoneRiver likes this.
  3. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    All theories are interesting from a certain point of view ;)

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    So Does Frank Sinatra-Ole Blue eyes of the Sith make an appearance in the ST? :p

eDisc, StoneRiver and General Immodet like this.
  5. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Well blue sith eyes would certainly be something new ;) . And hey, if we got Sinatra in EPVII it would be right in line with all those resurrection theories that keep getting suggested.

6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I really liked Ventress' portrayal in the micro series. In the Tartakovky series, she had no pupils. Her eyes were completely white.
    That would be scary...

StoneRiver likes this.
  7. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I agree. The Sifo-Dyas thing was never really explored, despite the fact that one had the feeling that it was actually a really important part of the plot. Reading the Wikipedia entry about Palpatine today, it linked to a page of minor Star Wars characters.

Sifo-Dyas: Jedi master who ordered the creation of the clone trooper army in the prequel trilogy. There is speculation that this was Sidious's name as a Jedi.
    - from Wikipedia
    _ _ _ _

I don't believe the above, but it reminded me of how, like the "Sith eyes", it was never explored adequately.

8. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
  9. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    There will indeed be Sith eyes in Episode VII: The eyes ... of DARTH OWL!
    [​IMG]

StoneRiver likes this.
  10. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    IF there are Sith in EPVII, then they will have eyes.

11. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    yeah, yeah, yeah, very nice people, but come on, it's a better subject and certainly more relevant than a fair few of the threads around here.

And please, this thread is not about Sifo-Dyas, I don't think he is relevant at all either. I only used him as a comparison for bait ;)

12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Huh...Ok then if a male villain then maybe a yellowish red. Female like a ice blue or unhumnly light color *almost white*. IDK

StoneRiver likes this.
  13. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Now that's just crazy

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That's baseless speculation.
    Source?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Where can I get some Sith eye contacts? I'll wear them on tour haha

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    IMO "Sith eyes" are a by-product of uncontrolled rage. Maul had them because he was a Zabrak. Being alien he probably couldn't control his rage properly and thus his eyes were always in "Sith mode." Also, during the final duel when Qui-Gon meditates Maul is pacing like a caged animal.

Anakin went into "Sith rage" when he unleashed the Dark Side. However, I believe he was able to keep it in check at other times, like during his fight with Obi-Wan because he was possessed morfe by fear than rage. IMO

Lastly, if there are Dark Jedi I wouldn't mind seeing some Sith eyes, however remember that as a story element you don't want them to be overused or permanent as sduality and disguise are important (at least were) to a Sith operating "under cover." In other words, permanent Sith eyes gives the bad gus away.

StoneRiver likes this.