main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are your Prized Collectibles & Holy Grails?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 1, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Is your Yoda part of the Rawcliffe pewter line? I have the Fetts and Slave I from that line.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Yep, that's the one. Maybe the smallest item I have but as he says, size matters not.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, the Fetts are small but nicely done. Only thing I've found is that Jango's blasters developed a bit of a droop after time. Otherwise no complaints.

4. JedyKnyt

JedyKnyt Jedi Knight

Feb 19, 2013
    My prized possession so far is the 1997 Hong Kong Commemorative Edition 3-Pack of 12 inch figures (Luke, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader with trading cards). This is very hard to find in the U.S. but I happen to come across a factory sealed one on Amazon (who'd of thought?) and I got it for $35+$6 to ship! That's a steal for something so rare. It looks awesome opened up next to my 80+ collection (and growing) of 12 inch figures.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ohhh cool! Yeah those are really hard to come by that was a GREAT score! Yay! Another 12" collector, would love to see pics of your collection!

6. JedyKnyt

JedyKnyt Jedi Knight

Feb 19, 2013
    Here you PadmeLeiaJaina, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    That's a lot of 12" figures... and in such nice boxes, too. Me, I buy loose because I use them for animation and photo shoots. If I need a lighting reference, I dig out a 12" figure, set up a rig, and snap a photo. They're great for lighting references.

I am envious of your collection. Where do you find the space to display them?

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Pretty nice. I've got the Dengar figure that's partially hidden by a light in one of those pics.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yay! Awesome collection!

10. JedyKnyt

JedyKnyt Jedi Knight

Feb 19, 2013
    I display them in my dedicated home theater room. I collect nothing but sealed figures and my ultimate goal is to purchase every 12" figure from the original trilogy series. I need 27 more to accomplish that.

Thanks for the props everyone!

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Very nice collection. I do not know what my most prized item is but I would love to get that SideShow life size Boba Fett :)

12. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    That is a nice collection! I was sitting here reading through the thread trying to figure out what my prized collectible would be. I am fortunate to have some very cool stuff. I do think my favorite one is the signed 12" Leia in the medal ceremony gown that Carrie Fisher signed for me at CIII! I remember asking her what her least favorite outfit was and she said it was 'the white one.' I took that to mean the senatorial robes with the gaffer tape underneath. ;) Not the pretty princess-y one with the tin foil necklace at the medal ceremony.

My Holy Grail? Hmm.... I need to think about that a little more.

teamhansolo likes this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    She really hates the hair from that because it "made her face look fat." Hello Carrie - don't go blaming the wardrobe department for your round cheeks, put that blame where it belongs - on your mother's doorstep!

14. JedyKnyt

JedyKnyt Jedi Knight

Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks! Are you referring to the 12 inch 1999 Portrait Edition Figure in Ceremonial Gown? I always thought it was the best 12" Leia of all her figures and I still sold it years ago. I just might have to look into reacquiring it again, lol. But for my daughter this time.

15. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    I do believe that is the one! Thankfully, I had two and brought the best one for her to sign. I just loving dusted it the other day. If I ever get to meet Harrison Ford, I would love to pair it with the 12" Han Solo/Carbonite. In my dreams, he would sign it "I know." ;)

TrakNar likes this.
  16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I lovingly gave my Koto Zuckuss a dusting today, along with my mini-bust. My caseworkers were at my apartment, as they caught me mid-dusting. If Catherine Munro would make an appearance at a convention within a reasonable traveling distance from me, I'd pack up my Koto and take it to get it signed.

17. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    That is what turns a prized collectible into the "Holy Grail" for me. When Carrie signed my Deleted Scene Princess Leia Bespin Outfit and asked me if I wanted my name on it when she she wasn't supposed to be doing that, it made my entire long expensive trip worth it. Same thing with Mark signing my Luke action figure with little hearts and love. A special experience attached to something you already love is just the ultimate!

If another Superstorm Sandy ever heads my way, I know I will grab those signed action figures as we evacuate. I love all of my stuff and I have a lot [yes, bounty hunters, too!] but all of that can be easily replaced - theoretically. The really special things would be sorely missed. That is now you know it's the Holy Grail. :)

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    My most prized collectibles would be my statues I have, which are Han riding a Tauntaun, Zuckuss bust, Kotobukiya Bossk and TCW Kit Fisto.

The Bounty Hunter Kotobukiya set is the one thing that I'd like to get more than anything, I got Bossk on sale for $110 NZD I think at a convention here in NZ last year, so now I'm going to try find the others for a good price too.
    [​IMG]

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got the Fett from that set but that's it.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I got Zuckuss. If you could get them pre-displayed, go for it. They'll be cheaper.

I need another Holy Grail. I guess the AT-AT playset will be that.

21. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    I think my most cherished is my signed Boba photo from when I met Jeremy Bulloch many moons ago.

It was late on at the con and there was no queues at all so me and my Dad stood talking to him for ages - I'm sure I'm not the only person that was taken aback by just how lovely he was! He wrote my name on the photo even though he wasn't supposed to as well - such a great memory tied to it now :)

As for Holy Grails... A MOC RotJ Emperor Palpatine would be spectacular, far out of my price range though :(

EDIT: And not to mention anything signed by Ian McDiarmid. My Palpatine collection reeeaaally needs one of those!

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I met Jeremy at a collecting show here years ago as well. Bought a copy of his book so he signed that as well as a photo and he posed with me while a friend took a pic.

Darth Venator likes this.
  23. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Further proof of how great he is!

Looking to meet him again at The Fan Fun Day in Burnley (May 6th if anyone is interested). Want to get my 300th Boba signed this time :)

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got a few of those - both the error packaging and the regular. None signed though. Ordered a couple from Entertainer and they sent me twice as many. When I emailed them they apologized and said to keep them.

25. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Adding to my list of grails:

The SDCC exclusive Black Series figure. The collector in me doesn't care what it is, but if the rumours of Boba w/Carbonite Han are true - then the 'must-have' factor is gonna quadruple!

I certainly won't be attending which is heartbreaking, and eBay prices will kill me, as will the stress of trying to get one of the few on Hasbro's site post-con...

Now, who here knows someone going to SDCC? I'm starting to think my only option is to hire a bounty hunter to snag the bounty hunter :p

J_Girl likes this.