main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT 3 Questions I keep wondering about.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by OnesionRa, Feb 25, 2013.

1. OnesionRa

OnesionRa Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2012
    1. How long was Luke training with Yoda? Ive heard everything from 7 days to 6 months.

2. In episode 6, could Luke have taken Palpatine if he decided to engage in lightsaber combat? He was so much older then Vader ive gotta figure the kid had a fighting chance.

3. Just how powerful WAS Luke at his peak? Ive heard a rumor that in the EU he was able to create/move/destroy (I cant recall which one) a black hole. Thats...God like!

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm not sure if this has ever been entirely settled. The general assumption is several weeks.

Probably not, seeing how Palpatine was able to easily dispatch three Jedi Masters in a matter of minutes in ROTS. And, again, it doesn't ever seem to have been conclusively stated whether he let Mace beat him or not.

The EU can be... silly, at times, although I don't remember this particular incident. Suffice it to say that there's some disagreement.

3. OnesionRa

OnesionRa Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2012

Yes I figured the Yoda period was about 6 weeks at the most. He improved leaps and bounds but was still a bit...clumsy

I supposed the Palpatine thing makes sense, he WAS able to kill 3 masters (each of whom im assuming were about 5x stronger then Luke at that point) in seconds but that was about 22 years before-hand. Thats a LONG time to be out of practice plus luke had Obi-Wan's, Yoda's AND a year of his own intense study under his belt at that point. Perhaps he couldn't beat him but I imagine it would have been a good fight.

As for the EU, well its EU, but still, I think its generally agreed upon that at the height of his power, Luke was the most powerful force user in recorded history, if only in raw force potential alone, much like his dad. However I could be wrong. If you can beat palpatine, your epic, but if you have emerald lightning?! Come on, who didn't love that?? haha

4. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't know about the other questions, but your first goes along with the question of how long was the trip to Bespin? I was watching an older documentary recently and Mark was commenting it. He said something about if Luke had 3 weeks trapped in a small ship with Leia, he would have gotten some points with her, too. So, extrapolating from that If he was on Dagobah during the trip, it's safe to say less than a month.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [face_sick]

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, keep in mind the interview was done around the time of ESB. He didn't know and we didn't know.[face_plain][face_dunno] So, while I agree with you, do forgive the guy. I was just trying to help with the timeline question that I and many others have struggled with.