main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New York Toy Fair 2013

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Feb 8, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The New York Toy Fair will be held from 10 - 13 Feb. Ahead of proceedings, Hasbro has released information on some of the new items they will be showing. Of interest to SW fans:

ANGRY BIRDSTM STAR WARS® JENGA® RISE OF DARTH VADERTM GAME
    May the Force be with you as you battle the dark side in the new ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS JENGA RISE OF DARTH VADER GAME. Slingshot your JEDI birds from the LIGHTSABER LAUNCHER to defeat DARTH VADER and the evil SITH LORDS and win the game! Players can also unlock ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS in-app content with a special code in each pack. (Ages: 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $29.99/Players: 1-2/Available: Fall 2013)

STAR WARS®ANAKIN TO DARTH VADER™ ACTION FIGURE
    Hasbro introduces a breakthrough action figure innovation to celebrate the DARTH VADER character with the STAR WARS ANAKIN TO DARTH VADER figure. Standing at 13-inches tall, this figure changes from ANAKIN SKYWALKER to DARTH VADER by attaching the helmet and armor, and includes iconic phrases, sound effects, and a LIGHTSABER that changes from blue to red. (Ages: 4 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99; Available: Fall 2013).

You can see the full press release here on Rebelscum.

If you have Toy Fair news or comments, feel free to post here!

jessica smith likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I want to see pics of this new 13" Anakin!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I hope they still have the Toy Fair given the snow in NYC.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Live Twitter/Facebook feeds from SirSteve's Guide, JediNews, and Yakfacecom. - since I got these from multiple sources there is some repeat news but sometimes they gave a bit more info...hence my adding both quotes:

Black 6" Line

Hasbro teamed with Gentle Giant to product the 6" black series line
    X-Wing Luke... Gentle Giant did a lot of sculpts.

6" line... Wave 1 - X-Wing Luke, R2-D2 with lots of accessories, Darth Maul with dual lightsabre and cloak and Sand Trooper (Orange Pauldron)

The Black Series - an iconic design process and emotional connection to years gone; scene specific to moments in the films. Gentle Giant did a lot of the 6" sculpts.

All new figure collection: The Black Series 6" in 2013.

Yakface.com@yak_face
    6" Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite SDCC Exclusive #toyfair2013

Black 3 3/4" Line

Replacing Vintage line - remains Adult Collector focused

‎3.75" figures - The Black Series Wave 1 features Clone Sergeant, AOTC Anakin, Clone Pilot, Bespin Vader, Luke ANH Ceremony - no more Vintage - The Balck Series replaces Vintage!!!

TBS 3 4/4" Wave 1: Anakin and Clone Trooper Sergeant, Biker Scout, Darth Vader (Bespin Trap) with 2 hands, Clone Pilot, Luke Yavin, Padme (Geonosis Arena), Biggs Darklighter.

‎3.75" figures - The Black Series Wave 2 features Mara Jade (Winner of Fan's Choice), Stormtrooper, R2-D2, Pablo Jill, Luminara Unduli and 41st Clone Trooper

Wave 2... Mara Jade, Pablo, Luminara, Stormtrooper and they went fast with the slide.
    Mara Jade, Padme (Arena Battle), Pablo Jill (Jedi) #toyfair2013

Design Brief: Capture that iconic, scene-specific shot and bring it to life in a new scale. Figures should resonate with SW fans and collectors, and create and emotional connections back to the scenes that inspired them.

Saga Legends 3 3/4" - Playline figures

$5.99 - Wave 1
    5 Pts articulation (aka limited like original Kenner Vintage)
    Saga Legends will continue but figures will only have 5 points of articulation (Kenner inspired like two of last year's Battle Packs) at a new price point of just $5.99 - includes Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R4-D4, Yoda and Super Battle Droid

Saga Legends - reduced articulation (5 POA) and price $5.99 MSRP Yodas, Shock Trooper, Mace, Obi-Wan R4-P17, SBD

Mission Series 3 3/4: Wave 1 coming

Mission Series 3-3/4" two packs - limited articulation figures $9.99

Mission 2 Packs - Vader & Seeker Droid, Anakin & 501st Clone Trooper and Jango Fett & Battle Droid

Vehicles

MS Class II Vehicles includes Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
    New Class II Jedi Starfighter (Yellow) for Anakin

TVC X-wing Fighter coming.
    TVC ROTJ TIE Interceptor (no figures included)

Store Exclusives:

Target: Darth Vader Origins… includes 4 figures and operating table
    Target Exclusive Origin of Vader Playset
    K-mart: Scanning Crew Pack 1 and Vintage Ewok Catapult.
    Kmart Exclusive Ewok Catapult and Imperial Scanning Crew 2-packs #toyfair2013
    Amazon.com exclusive: TVC ESB Slave I (no figures) but does come with Han Carbonite
    Amazon Exclusive Tie Inceptor and Slave I #toyfair2013
    TRU Exclusive Battle of Geonosis (Vintage Republic Gunship) with Yoda, Clone Trooper Pilot, Clone Trooper with Turrets that swing out.
    TRU Exclusives: Vintage Republic Gunship with turrets
    TRU VIntage X-Wing with Biggs

12" figures - Kids line:

Wave 2 will include Obi-Wan ROTS and Vader

12" Figures - ROTS Obi Wan and Darth Vader shown as well as the Anakin to Vader electronic figure shown at the UK Toy Fair

12" Scale Anakin-Vader

Anakin to Darth Vader figure... Electronic. Sounds and Lightsaber goes from Blue to Red when you put on the Vader Helmet.

Other

Jedi Force… new adventure packs: DS Escape and Jabba Palace Rescue
    New Jedi Force figures in 5" scale

No mention of Fighter Pods beyond series 4
    Angry Birds Star Wars line was a BIG success and will continue in 2013 with new collector centric sets and Wave 2 of the blind bags as well as more Jenga and some games

Here are some pics from a German Toy show that took place last week and previewed some of these goodies to hold you over until pics from NYTF come out.

And here are some NYTF pics!

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Couple of Rebelscum reports of Hasbro presentations which probably overlap with PLJ's news but there are pics:

Angry Birds SW

Hasbro Showroom

6. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Did I read correctly? New 6inch figures? Hells yeah. :)

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Splitting the line into two separate focuses is long over due IMO. Over the last few years the difference in the price point between the "basic" line and the "vintage" line shrank from $2-3 to zero. By cutting the price of the basic line nearly in half you make the figures more attractive to parents, and the fact that they have reduced articulation is actually a good thing since the s/a figures tend to be more flimsy and not up to the play demands of your average kid (I'm using my 4 year old nephew as a test case [​IMG]). And the so-called "Black Series" 3 3/4" and 6" lines will continue to appeal to the adult collectors who make up such a large portion of their base, with the 6" line finally offering something new for those of us who have 3 3/4" figures in the triple digits.

However I'm not crazy about the internet (Amazon) exclusive vehicles. The boxes are the primary selling point on these and Amazon's track record for secure and careful packing of such items is a bit suspect.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Information on the Uncle Milton Booth from Rebelscum is here. No pics yet but they should be up soon.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  12. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

Amazon has their own exclusive's? :confused: When did this start happening? How could I have missed this?

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I know there have been some online exclusives, like the final wave of TVC last year, but this is the first time I can recall Amazon getting any. I'm not too happy about it either, since the Slave I and Tie Interceptor are the two I'm most interested in. When you factor in the S&H they figure to be a bit pricey, not to mention you won't really know what kind of condition they'll be in.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Still no word on what they'll retail for, but Rebelscum has hi-rez pics of the three upcoming TVC exclusive vehicles; X-Wing, Slave I and Tie Interceptor.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd go for Slave I.