main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Season of Star Wars The Clone Wars now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by kryptonjedi, Feb 14, 2013.

?

Favorite Season of the Clone Wars

1. Season One

2. Season Two

3. Season Three

4. Season Four

5. Season Five

6. Season Six

7. Season Seven

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I see we got two wise-guys, eh? [face_plain]

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 4

I don't want to place season 5 until it's over, but it will likely take season 3's place as second.

AvadaKenobi likes this.
  3. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Where is the Clone Wars Movie topic on the boards? Or does it fit into the clone wars tv area? I just watched it this weekend. I actually like the movie a little more everytime i watch it.

cwustudent and thesevegetables like this.
  4. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    CloneTrooperFox sorry, I am not an expert on anything Clone Wars. I don't think the movie thread is still active considering it came out 5 years ago. Try asking someone else who knows more CW. :)

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
  6. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    Season 2 has to be my favorite. Out of all the seasons, it's the one season where I could really sit and watch every single episode and not skip one, Senate Spy included. Well...Brain Invaders I tend to ignore, but the rest of the season is solid.

Seasons 1 and 2 were the most enjoyable seasons for me before the tone started to shift. Season 3 dipped its toe into the dark water and the show kinda lost me. That's not really a knock on the show, of course. It's to be expected. War is Hell, you know.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    Season 3 is my favourite simply for the Force Son/Daughter and Anakin's fate arc. After 3 it would probably be 4>5>2>1. 1 imho was okay, but that was it.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    3 seasons in Season 3>S2>S1

Dark Lord Tarkas and 07jonesj like this.
  9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Season 4 > Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 5 > Season 1

Season 5 has managed to halt the progression of this show right in it's tracks. [face_frustrated]

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm very heavily leaning towards this ranking right now, still gonna wait for the last episode, though. And agreed about the progression of the show.

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  11. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
    Season 4 will always be the best.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
    Season 4 will always be the best.

13. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    1 (Loved the whole feel of this season, blue shadow virus was the only misfire) > 2 (Zilo Beast and Finale were only mehs) > 5 (So far loving Asohka arc, young jedi arc, and maul arc was okay)= 4 (Hated this season, except Umbara arc, and that alone carries the season :p)> 3 (Literally only like Citadel arc)

A few disclaimers:
    -I liked the battle droid humor
    -I preferred the more lighthearted attitude
    -I preferred when the villains were actually sentient, not Super Tactical droids
    -I liked when the battles involved the characters having to get creative (Storm over Ryloth anybody?)

14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Hard one to say, I think Season 2 had the best first half and Season 5 had the best second half.

Season 5 certainly had the worst first half, Onderon and YJ were just okay. Revival was amazing, but that Droid arc.. ugh. The droid arc was horrific, truly the worst thing related to Star Wars I have seen in TCW. The second half of the season though with Shadow Conspiracy and Ahsoka-Fugitive have been amazing.

Overall... I'm going with Season 5 > Season 3 = Season 4 > Season 2 > Season 1. Season 3 would be my favorite, but Season 5 had The Lawless. You can't beat The Lawless.

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    KED12345 The second half of the fifth season is NOT the last 7 episodes. That's being selective to suit your rating system, and I define it as "cheating". The second half of Season 5 begins with "A Sunny Day in the Void".

Have fun with 3 episodes of frogs and pit droids. [face_devil]

16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    A Sunny Day in the Void? What's that. Never heard of it. ;)

cwustudent and 07jonesj like this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, it's that place in a Void with a Sun :p

07jonesj likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I didn't see any sun - maybe they forgot to animate it?

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, they never gave any explanation for why the planet looked like that. It made it feel like an episode of the old school black-and-white The Outer Limits but without an ending. What a bunch of crap.

07jonesj likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    It might be there

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    No, it's just a completely blank sky. Blank. Nothing. No fun. No excitement. 4 episodes.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    They were only on the Void for 2 episodes ;)

07jonesj likes this.
  23. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    I think when all is said and done Season 5 is going to one those very polarizing seasons where you either like it or hate it.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Season 1 > Season 2 > Season 5 > Season 3 > Season 4...

Season 1 - genius start to a great show with many smaller, but more finished arcs. Many great new characters and many old characters appear in the season. Many of my favorite TCW characters debut in this season like Wat Tambor, Lok Durd, Nute Gunray, Vindi and Slick. One of the best qualities of this season is that it had several stories about other Jedi like Mace Windu, Yoda and Kit Fisto - genius idea that, sadly, gets abandoned later.
    Season 2 - best depiction of Star Wars with a dark tone and the takes on different genres was a nice idea. More great Separatist villains for me like Poggle and the amazing Trench.
    Season 5 - the most fun and enjoyable season from start to finish since S2. This season had its share of awesome characters, but unlike previous seasons, this season really got me to care for the good guys like the fun Colonel Gascon and Satine.
    Season 3 - it had problems, but it had also some great stories throught. Osi Sobeck was a highlight with Tarkin joining the show for the first time.
    Season 4 - the worst season for me with too many stories being either wasted or not finished well. Great visuals, but not the best story arcs. Memorable characters like Krell, Riff Tamson and Darts D'Nar leave a lasting impression on many of us.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    To immediately disprove that assertion, I think it's very weak in places (such as the D-squad arc) but is also very strong in places (Mauldalore). So while I definitely don't love this season, I don't hate it.