main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Alfonso Cuaron and Simon Pegg Rumor and Some Possible Plot Detailes.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rancorrr, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I'd say that's true of the OT as a whole for younger fans who grew up with the PT and TCW.

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Thankfully, 100 years from now the people alive on this earth who will be watching Star Wars movies will be people who won't be born for many years from now. Those people will NOT have the nostalgia of the OT in their hearts making them have biased attitudes against the PT. It will likely be like the kids today who were not born when TPM and maybe even when AOTC and ROTS were in theaters. They love all 6 movies.

We still live in the world in which the majority of the people who watch the movies are people who are old enough to have grown up either in the era when the OT was first released or in the time in the 90s in which the OT were being re-released and were fans of the OT before the PT even went into production. As we move into the future, several generations from now, the cynacism against the prequels will be gone thank goodness.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Nostalgia doesn't have a lot to do with it

DarthPancho and Axle-Starweilder like this.
  5. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i really don't see how the love for prequels vs. love for originals has to do with age so much as it does with quality of the movies. i personally thought the newest x-men movie was far greater than the three originals and that wretched wolverine movie. and to bring it back to the bond films, the ones made with a greater attention to detail, as opposed to a greater attention to jokey-jokes and cliches, were better films. not unlike how the prequels which relied on jar jar's slapstick and duck-mouth were not quite as good as the movies that featured threepieo's witticisms and chewie's growls. as well as superior soundtrack, acting and film-making techniques.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Sorry you're wrong about that. See I have a time machine too and in 2113 people have films digitally implanted into their brains and TPM has been the #1 implanted movie for ten years going. You must have gone to an alternate universe. I can't help you with that but you might want to get your time machine checked out.

7. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    that movie would have to be "implanted" for anyone to think it was better than any given episode of the Golden Girls

8. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    If that were true, then explain how today's teenagers (who weren't around or were too young to remember when the SE's came out in 1997, and grew up with the PT) like the prequels alot more than 30 something year olds do?

9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It's not hard to project. The trend is apparent now in 2013. Empire is in the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  10. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    they have shorter attention spans?

11. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't even accept that as fact, let alone feel that I need to explain it

12. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Oh, so now we have become so shallow minded when refering to the prequels that we think that they were nothing but 6 hours of Jar Jar slapstick and had nothing else to offer.

13. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    but what has happened here!? this thread has been de-railed like you wouldn't believe. back on track: i hope that simon pegg gets to appear in the new films as the new general madine (with a sense of humor) and that carlton from the Fresh Prince gets to appear as the son of Lando (with a sense of dancing). the sequel trilogy would be far more complete and amazing with such connections to OT OGs

14. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005

yes, now back to topic

15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think the topic was Simon Pegg :p

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  16. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Why do you take criticism of the movies so personally?

17. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Given enough time, I figure the rest will make it in. If anything, I can see TPM getting in ahead of ROTJ, actually. Culturally, the whole idea of a prequel and the kind of digital filmmaking it represents are big in terms of influence, to say nothing of the quality of its visuals, its action and the modern myth it cements.

I feel the same way about the "fact" of the OT's so-called superiority.

18. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    You are certainly free to your opinion

19. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    How is that taking it personally?

20. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    all that's "represented" in the PT is advances in technological story-telling. the OT represents advances in the field of storytelling for its own sake.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Do we really care what movie is going to be remembered 100 years from now? Are we caring about that? This is probably the most fallacious argument I've seen over the quality of the prequels and that is saying something. Really we have no better points to make so now we must predict what cultural significance the prequels will have in a 100 years!

22. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005

probably he meant the "we"s

23. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    For the record, I do not hate the prequels. I find things I like in all of them. I do think they are flawed movies.

FinleySlade and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  24. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Sherman, let's set the Way Back machine to a few posts ago...

And fast forward...

Heroes on both sides, and evil is everywhere.

25. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    yes. misread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.