main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Stop trolling

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's legit.

Knight3440 and Spazmatron like this.
  3. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Please be a Season 6....

I hate to say it guys....But i've got a bad feeling about this :(

4. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    I'm not trolling honest if go to ign and click on Endangered TV Series List article you will find it in the comments below look for jellybeanz5 asking this question you will see it I don't know why the link is not working.
    Edit :Wait the link is working on this thread just not on the other

5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...s-list-the-tv-show-obituary#comment-813659538

Read Eric Goldman's comment. Become more optimistic. ;)

IGN can be a bit buggy with the amount of traffic it gets, and the comment in question has already been buried because the comments move fast on that site.

In contrast to everyone else calling you a troll, thanks for the find! It's the best news we've got so far on Season 6.

Knight3440 likes this.
  6. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I didn't see anything about the clone wars on that page....

I'd rather downplay the series, then be optimistic and excited for a Season 6 then never get that. I'm going to be realistic and expecting the worst. Because as they say in a motto of the clone wars "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than extremely disappointed.

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I checked the link on two browsers, it takes you directly to the comment explaining that Eric Goldman believes Season 6 is airing, though he doesn't know where. If you have a slow computer, you may have to wait a minute before the comments load up.

Also, I'd advise not using that fortune cookie as your life motto. It encourages extreme pessimism and you'd never leave the house if following it strictly. In reality, both pessimism and optimism are needed to analyse situations.

In fact, ignore this show's fortune cookies in general. Half of them are extremely contextual, whereas the other half are legitimately nonsense.

8. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    It works in situations like this.... There is a big chance we wont see a Season 6... A Huge chance in fact. Why should I pump myself up, it only sets me up for major disappointment if they don't announce a new season. In the meantime, I will expect what we are given officially. Trust me I've did this with Battlefront 3 and The Underworld show. Don't hope for something thats already lost...In the mean time I will expect no season 6 until it is announce. If it gets announced I will be excited and happy!! I have nothing to lose

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't forget Force Unleashed 3! Not sure if you're excited for it but TFU2 is leaving a big plot hole on the table

mes520 likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, i know that now

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Actually, Season 6 is apparently already animated. Even if the show was cancelled, they'd still release it on Blu-Ray/DVD. It's Season 7 that this is really deciding on, whether funding will continue so that TCW crew can produce more episodes.

Underworld is still in the running, via ABC Studios. Battlefront 3 sits with KOTOR 3 in the sad pit of not-made SW video games. It's shared by a new Jedi Knight and Rogue Squadron game. :(

But... I'm an optimist. :D

The Slave I fires upon the Rogue Shadow allowing Darth Vader to viciously murder fake!Galen Marek and Juno. Plot hole solved. ;)

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What medium will this story be in? While a lot of people will probably accept it some won't

13. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013

I'm a realist. I'm not gona be optimistic for something that's never coming (Underworld; BF3) it's just a waste of time and just leaves you disappointed. I know from experience. No point in holding onto something that is already lost.

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Since LucasArts are focusing on 1313, I highly doubt we'll ever get a TFU3 in game form. Novels and comics is the best we can hope for, and even that is unlikely at this point, I feel.

I've been burned before. But there are other instances like FRINGE where the fandom banded together and basically saved the show. It was general consensus at Fox that FRINGE was going to be cancelled after Season 3, but the fans (myself included) were so passionate about it continuing that we did Twitter campaigns etc. and the show finished on Season 5.

Another show I love is Caprica (my avatar), and it was cancelled after it's first season. You win some, you lose some.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Great. Some finality would be nice for this

07jonesj likes this.
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Given just how big the 2008 multimedia project for TFU was, you would hope.

I don't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure I saw a recent interview with Witwer who said he'd like to do a TFU3. Of course it's not his decision, but it's still interesting.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting. Most interesting

18. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013

No, not really. I loved TFU 1. TFU2 was pretty pointless and a TFU3 would be cool. I won't shed any tears if it never comes out however.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    What was done for the Fringe Twitter campaign? I'm wondering if it would work for Clone Wars.

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    People are actually somewhat worried we might not get Season 6?

Seriously?

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  21. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Something I've found, people who are realists tend to be painfully pessimistic :p

Ah, that's encouraging. What would I waste my Saturday mornings on otherwise xD

cwustudent likes this.
  22. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Honestly... while it's good to see a comment suggesting the show will be back, is that comment any more reliable than the pessimists saying it won't be? Do we know for sure a channel will pick it up? I honestly think people need to keep sending letters to ensure that Disney has no doubts about the show. Changing networks is a MAJOR game changer that alone can end even a very successful show due to contract disputes alone.

I agree that it's unlikely that the show will be cancelled, but I don't think the IGN comment alone means much if we don't know which channel will pick it up. Until we hear that a channel has accepted the show (and that Seasons 5+ will still get DVD/BD releases), don't assume anything. Make SURE Disney knows we want this.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    There would be a unique hashtag for every episode (something related to the episode) along with #FRINGE. The idea was to get it to the top 10 trending every time FRINGE aired.

The theory is that it would bring in new viewers as they see what all the fuss is about, and as FRINGE was awesome, we got to Season 5 and were given a proper finale.

I also remember people tweeting the producers (who presumably passed it on to Fox) that they were using Sprint (FRINGE's main sponsor for Season 4) because of the show. That gave Fox more of a money incentive to keep the show going.

I guess the equivalent for this show would be just to buy Clone Wars related stuff and tweet/facebook/email Filoni that you're interested in this show, and you're willing to spend money on it (I really don't know if Filoni frequents Twitter or other social media - if he's not in direct contact with fans it's a lot harder). If the show is truly in trouble behind-the-scenes, Filoni could then show this to the Disney execs who are in charge of funding.

24. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Edit: Nevermind.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Just tell us how Vader escaped capture and didn't comment on Dantooine in ANH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.