main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    To frame Ventress.... [face_idea]

Bo-Katan likes this.
  2. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    From someone who read the latest issue of Star Wars Insider which provided some spoilers for the finale this week (NOTE: Don't assume this is completely 100% accurate just yet someone will have to search around to find out if this is true or wait till Friday/Saturday but for now take this for what's it worth. The only thing that confuses me though is when this was/will be released and if it isn't out yet how this person got it early but again take it for what's it worth for now):

Barriss is the trader! she believes the Jedi are corrupt because they are following a corrupt senate and the only way to get the point across is through violence. Ahsoka is kind of exiled, even though she is offered to return she refuses. The article said this is not the end of her character though... and that they know how they want to handle all of the characters destinies before the show comes to a finish.

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I refuse to click on that.

And now I think is the time for anyone who wants to remain unspoiled to bail out of this thread until the finale airs.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't know how I feel about this right now. Its not at all what I wanted for Barriss. Dammit. Just gotta wait and see now.

5. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I CLICKED! And it was very much in line with what I was expecting.

What can I say? I'm the same idiot who read leaked scans of the ROTS script before the movie released.

6. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    I must resist temptation, but the spoiler side of the force is too strong.

7. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Too late. I already clicked on it and now I can't go back

8. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    Again I must ask has the new issue been released or is there a way that people can see them early just so we know it's legit? I don't read the magazine so I wouldn't know but anyone else know?

9. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    I googled it and the publishing date says March 13, but I don't know anything about it.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    My response to the spoiler...

And so, my expectations were perfectly met and my guesses dead on target. While her storyline is of course not done, her absence in ROTS is now more or less explained. I find it much more interesting that she leaves the order by choice, even when offered an opportunity to return. And also, I've heard about this insider having this info, so I'm not surprised to see someone finally leaked it. Also good to hear that there are definitive plans for an end of everyone's story now... I can only hope the show gets the chance to tell these final tales. Barriss' fate is another unfortunate (and rather unexpected) disruption of the EU, but I can live with the loss of one single comic panel in a movie adaptation, and one other rather minor story. Also, her notion that the Jedi are corrupt and following a corrupt senate is actually kind of interesting (as the corrupt senate notion is entirely true). Any indication if she is executed by the end?

11. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Why would a magazine with a publish date after the Finale airs have the info on it?

12. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    I clicked I have become corrupted by the spoiler side.

Nubbs likes this.
  13. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    Yeah that's what kind of has got me iffy on it. I contacted the person I saw this quote from and asked how they aquired the information and if it has been released yet so hopefully we'll get an answer shortly and when/if I do I'll tell if it is the truth.

14. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Also, I've heard news of the issue leaking early from more than one source of comments, and it falls perfectly in line with the cover. Supposedly this comes from an interview on pages 14-23. While it could be fake, I actually doubt it is. Too much of this makes sense, and it explains audience reactions fairly well.

Nubbs likes this.
  15. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    This is what features in the magazine:

As season five of Star Wars: The Clone Wars comes to an end, Star Wars Insider will be asking 10 questions raised by the latest episodes! Supervising director Dave Filoni talks about the future of the show after the explosive season finale, and designer Kilian Plunkett offers a look at how the worlds and characters of The Clone Wars are created. For fans of the original movies, we'll be taking an exclusive look behind the scenes of Return of the Jedi, which is 30 years old this year!

16. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    So is it confirmed or not?

17. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    I'll get back to you on that. Hopefully the person who I saw had the information will reply back.

18. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    You should ask him to send you a picture of the magazine or something. That'll be the only way to make sure, but I do actually think it's true information.

19. HallowedPhoenix

HallowedPhoenix Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 18, 2013
    I just want to know how it ends for Barriss.

20. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I've grown really attached to Ahsoka so if something does happen to her I won't be happy

21. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I like the decision they made, as it both could give us time for Anakin to operate without Ahsoka around and still gives us a chance to see more of her story without Anakin and the Jedi involved. I always felt that, regardless of her fate, Ahsoka needed to be removed from Anakins world for while before Episode III kicks off. If, say, she was hanging around Anakin and Obi-Wan a week before ROTS began, it would just feel off that nobody mentions her.

They could still go that route, but the upcoming episode points to removing Ahsoka from the core cast earlier than the series finale, but keeping her around until the very end.

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  22. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    I like where this is going. If they go that way it would explain and deepen Anakins misstrust against the Jedi Order. I feel by the End of TCW we will be pleased that it fits smoothly into ROTS.

earlchinna likes this.
  23. arcath_

arcath_ Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2013
    Well... I think we all know that something is going to have to happen to her in the next season.

24. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Agreed. The decision to have her leave of her own will is actually a very good one. And appropriately tragic on many levels. It showcases the increasing influence of Palpatine and the corruption that leads to the Empire, it of course gives us the gist of the reason why she is not only absent, but likely not mentioned in EP III. And it gives Anakin a slight nudge to disrupt the council without being so extreme as to cause him to entirely rebel against them too early. I'm finally starting to get a sense of the larger storyline and an endgame with this decision, and it's about time.

25. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I am not clicking! There have been too many times I've been spoiled on things.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.