main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.19 - To Catch a Jedi - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 21, 2013.

1. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    The way I saw it upon first viewing was that Barriss wanted Ahsoka to think that Ventress was the one responsible, so she framed her, making Ahsoka think she was dueling her. If Ahsoka was to be caught, then she would testify that Asajj was the real culprit, so that they would arrest her. That's why I think she didn't kill her, because if she did then the Jedi would know that there was someone else involved.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Exactly.

Except that Barriss' ultimate goal appears to be to make the Jedi look bad by framing Ahsoka. If Asajj was revealed to be the real culprit, the Jedi would be absolved of everything.

TaradosGon, V-2 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Fair point. But I think in the situation Barriss was in when Asajj got involved, it was either frame Ventress or risk herself being found out

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ahsoka had no idea what to look for until Barriss pointed it out for her.

K'Kruhk likes this.
  5. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    and she also looked in on her own interrogation!

6. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    How sexy did Ashoka look in her mug shot...Very nice indeed.

rumblewagon likes this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I didn't notice till my third viewing of this episode that there's a really cool moment in the duel at the end where the "mystery" person with Barriss' outfit and body is hidden around a corner and you can see Ahsoka walking by, and probably-Barriss flicks her wrist to send some debris on the floor scattering to distract Ahsoka. That made the whole thing feel very much like a lightsaber duel from the films to me. I don't think they've done stuff like that too much in TCW, very nice touch.

pronker and Mia Mesharad like this.
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    With her constipated face? Oh yeah that always does it for me. [face_plain]

anakinfansince1983 and JackG like this.
  9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh yeah, and the weird tentacles growing from her head. Phwoar.

Oh yeah, and that she's a drawing. I can barely contain myself.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Rewatching this episode before I watched the finale yesterday, I think it would have been one of my favorites if not for that one scene. We all know the one. It's really a problem in any form of fiction where a gun comes with a stun setting. If you're confronting someone who you know is dangerous and you have a stun setting, why even tell them to surrender? Just stun them and ask questions later. It's obvious here when you have a dozen clones surrounding two Force users (one of whom actually gets to step back and ignite her lightsabers with no one trying to stop her), it's obvious in Return of the Jedi when the two stormtroopers have Han and Leia dead to rights, it happened in the last issue of Agent of the Empire when Fett could have just done it to Cross and Tymon, the Senate Guards could have opened up on Bane and his bounty hunters in "Hostage Crisis", etc. etc. etc. Yeah, sometimes you have to let things go for drama, but when it's as obvious as it is here, when they were just trying like crazy to stun her in the last episode and Wolffe ends up doing just that at the end of this one (hey, he learned!), it can get a little annoying.

I'll admit, it was cool to see Ahsoka bust out the martial arts, but it would have been nice if one of the clones, maybe Wolffe, showed a few moves of his own before being incapacitated. You know, like in kung fu movies, where there's always that one guy that lasts for a few seconds and gives Jackie Chan or Jet Li a little bit of a challenge before he's overcome by the other person's superior ability? I would have liked to see that. Instead, the clones just get schooled by a Padawan and an admittedly very capable former Jedi and assassin.

So, in case you couldn't tell, I did not like that scene (on a related note, those underworld cops sure wait a long time to draw their sidearms, too. Maybe they don't have a stun setting, though). Nor was I a fan of the obvious hints of the real bomber's identity. But other than that, it's a fun episode. That duel at the end was spectacular and it was nice to see someone actually rather handily defeat Ahsoka. This show has a lot of draws in its duels, so having a clear winner against a protagonist no less was refreshing.

pronker likes this.
  11. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    So true, and yes, the things that fiction comes up with, in a longlasting franchise at least, must be tricky for later writers to write around. ST has its beaming in and out and its own stun settings (not to mention the Prime Directive), SW its stun settings and varying times the Force decides to lend a hand ...

Yup, Ahsoka got her head handed to her, metaphorically; I am always an enabler and excuser, so 'she was tired and emotionally traumatized' is my excuse for her, ha!