main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will Disney/Lucasfilm remake Episodes I-III and/or IV-VI?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bighairedaristocrat, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I don't like remakes, they suck, they're irritating, and they're everywhere.

Pfluegermeister and DarthBreezy like this.
  2. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    The idea of rebooting STAR WARS in anyway shape or form is Utter Heresy!!!.

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I don't think the female character being a Jedi is necessary so long as one of them is a Jedi, but it does add higher stakes to the secret.

4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Someday they probably will, but not right now. Focus on the new trilogy and spin offs (and hopefully an Old Republic trilogy one day)

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    TCW largely serves to improve the character development that the PT failed to do (between both Anakin & Obi Wan & Anakin & Padme), thus no need for a reboot.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  7. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
  8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    um NO.....

9. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    No they won't do that. And the writer of that article is an idiot for even suggesting it. Some people have no sense of reality.

Why even bother? The prequels are just backstory. You can just as easily ignore them.

DarthBrian likes this.
  10. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The author of this editorial has got to be the biggest idiot in the world for suggesting such a thing.

Even more ridiculous is his utterly moronic claim that The Phantom Menace is filler. Clearly he doesn't know what "filler" means. Filler is like a clip show or something that pads time onto a story before it gets going. The Warg attack in The Two Towers is filler. Episodes 143-219 of Naruto is filler. Kim Bauer trapped by mountain lions is filler. The Phantom Menace is 100% necessary to the story of the Prequels and is NOT filler. This Germain Lussier is an utter tool and should be ignored from now until the end of time because he is quite possibly the stupidest person to ever exist in all of history.

klooney likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  12. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Personally I am against a full on remake, but I really like the idea of them polishing up the films as they are. They should re-do the CGI in the newer movies to make them look as real as they can possibly be. Heck why not add in a few new scenes like force ghost Qui-Gon and stuff?

(Many of you will disagree with me on the next point, but I digress.) They could extend battle scenes in the older films by adding new shots of the dogfights, shootouts and even lightsaber duels. I always thought that after seeing how Palpatine fought in 3 that it would be sick to see a remixed duel of Old Obi vs Vader in 4. That fight was definitely the worst in the series in my eyes considering it was against an old guy and a slow dude in a suit. However in the Palpatine vs Windu fight we see that they could definitely make an old man agile these days via technology. So adding in stuff like Obi fighting a bit like he did in the PT would be a sick change for the classic movies.

Plus they can remove the other stuff that people didn't like about the blu ray editions and walla, people would go for this.

13. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Three points:

1. Companies remake the most popular films, not the least. If Disney remake anything, they'll remake the OT.

2. Why do a straight remake anyway? There's going to be shedloads of new Star Wars films anyway. Why not do something original?

3. I have never read a single (A. SINGLE.) fanboy prequel rewrite where I didn't go away thinking "wow, that was more stupid than the actual prequels".

14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd rather remake the OT's image so it can go back to being a set of fun and goofy adventure movies rather than a sacred cultural artifact worshiped on the internet.

appleseed and StoneRiver like this.
  15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Disney would not care for what the EU does (and yes, TCW is apart of that. ;) )

I could see potential reboots in the future.

16. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, no. This would be ridiculous. The unique thing about Star Wars is that it's one universe. Even with the possibility of some of the EU being wiped out, there won't be any parallel universes. Save that stuff or Trek and DC/Marvel.

17. Axys

Axys Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    But... They could totally renamke Ep 1 2 and 3, and have anikan go through some weird worm hole to a different universe only to find himself as a jedi, and he trains himself to be an evil motha, then BOOM Back to his universe where he takes over the galaxy... Seems Legit!

18. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

No alternative universe/multiverse nonsense please!!.... Leave that to Marvel and DC.

Axys likes this.
  19. TheDarkSyde

TheDarkSyde Jedi Padawan

Feb 27, 2013
    It would be awesome if they did, but I highly doubt it.

20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Disney has never remade any of their popular films. In fact, they rotate them out of "the vault" and protect them better than any film corporation in the world.

21. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    You know, this is one of the best points I have seen on this topic yet.

22. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Except the live-action versions of the Dalmatiums and Alice in wonderland and the Jungle book and 3d-versions of Lion King and bla bla etc ..

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would say remake em' when every single current poster on TFN is dead and buried.

Axys likes this.
  24. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I think 'fanboys' are the ones who eat up anything Lucas makes as if it's holy manna falling from heaven. Keven Smith comes to mind. That guy is the ultimate fanboy bordering on sycophant. I could see them doing a remake of the Vader backstory down the road but not a trilogy. Lucas' Vader backstory was horrible, not EVERY aspect of the prequels but the main thrust, the meat and potatoes (how Anakin became Vader), was sub par. I suppose it's too late to fix that though. Luckily Lucas isn't the Emperor of the new series.

25. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I think you're right. It would be the ultimate public admission that the Vader back story was kinda the poop. I don't think he'd sell to a company that was planning on doing that to him.