main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Man, Palpatine absolutely tooled Maul and Savage!!

It almost seemed like he was enjoying every second of it, relishing in it, making them battle him longer than they should have. He could've killed them both almost instantly. He was just toying with them.

Uber Villain Palpatine. Complete Alpha male status in this latest episode.

2. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    beautifully put

Sudooku likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Savage was OK, seemed too much a Maul rip-off which would have been OK had they not then brought in Maul anyway.
    He does have a rather tragic story arc I guess, but I must say I never cared for him much as a character.

Indeed, but I would preferred more Force pwnage and less twirling around with lightsabers. I really don't think that fits Sidious' character that much, he has apprentices to do fighting for him.

4. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    My headcanon says that Palpatine told himself, "You know what, just this once I'm going to do it. I've been working on this plan for thirty years and I never get to enjoy myself. I deserve this, damn it!"

5. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    What makes you think he could of ended them both instantly?

I felt like initially the duel was pretty darn even, with the slight edge to Sidious of course. But a stroll in the park? Hardly, They showed him gasping for air and the brothers did manage to drive him all the way outside. Which tells me they were the aggressors and were clearly making the push...It wasn't until Sidious seperated the brothers that he took complete control of the situation. And to be honest, Maul didn't do to bad against the emperor in the lightsaber duel either, I thought he held his ground; better than I thought anyways.

Sitara likes this.
  6. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Going to copy pasta a response I gave in the episode thread to in answer to this;

When he pinned them against the wall you seem them both struggling with all their might and just...failing. They can't do anything. With one swipe of his hands Sidious has nabbed them. He then consciously releases them and draws his lightsabers. So I think the implication is pretty clear that Sidious makes the conscious choice to defeat them in the way that he does - in order to taunt them further, to make it clear beyond all doubt that no matter what they try - the Force, deception, martial skill - he has them beat on absolutely every level. The way he lazily, mockingly and slowly sidesteps Savage's attacks just prove this further.

That suggested to me that Sidious was always the dominant factor in the fight.

7. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I know he was the dominant factor in the fight. But just because he force pushes them against the wall when neither of them were expecting it doesn't mean he would of ended them instantly. A lot of people have done similar things to a lesser degree, Like ventress, Savage and maul. That doesn't mean they had the fight won. And at what point does the force countering the aggressor subdue the effects. Is there a logical explenation to this? Or can Sidious just hold Maul and Savage pinned against the wall for an endless amount of time?? I doubt that's how it works, but that's up to interpretation don't you think. Another idea is that if everyone had that capability why don't they just use the force to paralyze their opponents and end them instantly. Maul lifted Obi-Wan and threw him 20 yards, why didn't he just lift him up and stab him. Probably because these displays of the force are mostly fan service and to show the strength of an individual, not to mentio ending an encounter in such fashion would be terrible for the viewer and bad for tv.

Again...That's my interpretation.

8. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I like Savage but I think he left the show when he really needed to and he went out with a bang.

Sudooku likes this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was one of the many who rolled my eyes at his name when he was announced, and also thought that he seemed unnecessary (especially when they couldn't resist just bringing back Maul later anyway). But he kind of grew on me in a strange way... he was an original TCW character that actually had some character to him, unlike most of them. And as much as I hated the idea of TCW bringing Maul back, I did grow to enjoy seeing these horny brothers tear **** up sometimes. I also always felt bad for Savage in that he was created for this role in life; he didn't seek it out or want it. So RIP, Savage. At least you got killed by the best. :p

Sudooku, DavidIX and rumblewagon like this.
  10. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    But we have seen Savage force choke AND simultaneously force push Ventress and Tyrannus against a wall, and they were helpless against that. Then we saw him do something similar to Obi Wan and Anakin right after...

TBH, this is just bad, bad writing and inconsistency. The movies at least were more consistent. Seriously, look at the Jedi Padawan played by Lucas's son in ROTS and compare him to Ashoka (they appear to be of a similar age): Lucas's son got shot by what, 4 clones? Had it been Ashoka, she would have mowed them down easily, then gone on to mow down the entire 501st battalion by herself, if we use the logic of this show.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    And yet you're assuming ability is consistent with or relative to age, while we know full well that is not the case; there is a wide spectrum of talent across each year group in schools. That Padawan probably just sucked while Ahsoka is clearly gifted.

12. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    it was quite evident that a Sith Lord of Palpatines level was just toying with them... The same way a cat toys with a mouse before finishing it off..

Palpatine was uber bad ass and showed just how powerful he really is.

That's what makes Yoda so impressive, he beat Palpatine in the offices until he fled to the bigger senate room and won by happenstance.

13. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Well, in that case all the other Padawans sucked even more, since he was apparently the only one who managed to get out of the temple.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Or, the 501st are good at their job.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think inconsistency in Savage's Force powers is more forgivable than with other characters because of his nature as a brute whose powers were artificially enhanced. He has no refined use of the Force, but if he's pissed enough he can do a hell of a lot of damage through pure rage. Like Anakin Skywalker, he never really accomplishes his full potential because of how his mind operates, and since the dark side of the Force is so dependent on emotions it's more erratic.

Seerow likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    True, his affinity was granted, not learned. He's like the Force sensitive children we read about. They haven't really been taught to apply their abilities, they just come out in emotional bursts.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Savage's use of the force is animalistic.He uses it like a animal uses its teeth and claws when it attacks. Savage just uses the force to demolish things as naturally as he uses his fists and horns when rage catches him. Its like when lion attacks a hyena. There is no refinement, not much thought into it. Its raw and brutal, the expression of the instinct to make examples of challenger. Eetwidomayloh. He was a monster after all.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:

WHEN YOU'RE HERE ON LACWAC,

YOU'RE EITHER AN OPRESSOR,

OR YOU'RE A WEAKLING.

THAT IS ALL.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Were you inspired by my sig quote?

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yup. And people bashing the mighty Savage.

I smell WEAKLING.

22. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    dis gon b gud

[​IMG]

JackG and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Let's get a few things clear:

1) You're not one of us. You never were, and because of this transgression you never will be. Admission into the Brotherhood is left to the sole discretion of the Primate, which is me.

2) Only members of the Brotherhood can use the terms 'Opressor' and 'Weakling'. They're our words. To use these words as a weakling yourself is an affront to the Brotherhood, and offending parties are subject to punishment, which is mediated by the Primate.

3) Nobody likes Savage outside of the Brotherhood. Nobody.

Capisce?

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's true, I thought I liked Savage, but it turns out that I don't.

The stoning I received made that clear.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy I was the biggest Savage Opress fan here before you started your hipster-"ironic" faux-fandom thing. I'm a real fan. You're in charge of the Savage Opress fans like Feral is in charge of the Nightsisters. And on a similar note, I'm real Italian, so don't "capisce" me Englishman. It's about Savage, not you.

Sudooku and Paparazzo like this.