main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anyone NOT want the BIG3 in ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    I really hope they don't do that. Have them acting exactly as they did in the Classic Trilogy....

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Because it makes him happy, and a LOT of money...

clone3131 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course, their appearance will be for money purposes.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Nah, speak for yourself. One of the very reasons I so hope to see Luke Skywalker in the ST is precisely because it appears the story will be set 30 years later. I want to see how our beloved characters have grown over the years - what they have become, not what they once were. Now, it's true that a recast or animated adventure set just after the Battle of Endor, for example, is a tale I'd like to see one day, but for my money (when it comes to OT characters), it's the story of 'Old Master Luke' which far outweighs any other in interest or appeal.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if the new films feature any returning OT characters who are written as carbon copies of their younger selves, I'll be very disappointed. Certain core characteristics should remain, naturally, but it's the differences that the years of living have given these characters that is going to make things interesting.

As far as the rest of the cast is concerned, I can assure you that I'm looking forward to the new heroes we'll be treated to just as much as anyone (particularly if we're given a son-of-Luke), but that doesn't change the fact that, as a SW fan, I'll be forever grateful for the chance to see our OT heroes return for one last ride. After all these years, it's certainly something I never thought would come to pass.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Like times 1000. =D=

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It's too soon to say if their roles will be crucial to the films or just glorified cameos. Either way, it would be cool to see.

The Big 3 I thought was Chevy, Ford and Chrysler. :p

7. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Does Lunpawaroo count? He was in the Holiday Special after all. So we know Chewie got busy. It's safe to assume Han and Leia have produced at least one little Solo. Pretty sure Lando has gotten busy too. The big question is, has Luke ever gotten busy or is he still a monk?

To answer the OP, my concerns are not about the Big 3's current appearance. It's all about the story -- that whole I'm-afraid-they'll-dump-on-my-childhood-memories sort of thing. In the past 30 years, I've developed my own ideas about what happened to the Big 3 characters. While I have enjoyed parts of the EU, I look on it as glorified fan fiction so to me it is not "canon." I'm very concerned that the Luke, Han, Leia, and Lando will all be written well, and quite frankly in a way that doesn't strongly conflict with my mental image of how their lives progressed after ROTJ.

I'm also concerned because while I want the story to focus on the younger generation, and I think it will, it's going to be a little painful to see these old characters in supporting roles. More to the point, it's very likely that at least one of them will die. So...very mixed feelings.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And I'll give another 1000. ^:)^

9. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Maybe Harrison. Carrie, who knows. Mark seems to really embrace the character though so I find that hard to believe.

10. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Maybe Disney/Lucasfilm should resurrect "the big 3's" 77-83 selves with holograms and CGI ;)

clone3131 likes this.
  11. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I really have to echo the sentiments of only a cameo' and 'only if it suit the plot'. Too much fan service, and the plot'll get bogged down with useless crap and we will have a Green Lantern on our hands. I feel the OT cast members should be kept at a minimum and only for transition/setup purposes.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If they want to come back, great! If not, so be it. I don't think they will be the main characters anyway.

14. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

I think you might be missing my point. I am 10000% FOR a story that includes the OT cast. I would love to see it. But, i think we are heading for a disaster we have seen 1000 times with movies like Indy 4, Total Recall 2010, Die Hard 4-5, Red Dawn 2012 and every other movie that is an extension of movies from the 80s - they all suck and cant deliver the same punch as they did.

I would LOVE to see an animated series like the clone wars, where we get more han/leia/luke adventures. The new comic also looks like that will be a good outlet.

BUT, relying on 70 year old Harrison to have the same magic as he did for a role he played THIRTY YEARS AGO is unrealistic. Relying on Carrie to play Leia thirty years later is scary. Mark as Luke, I will give you will be the easiest.

I just dont want my OT movies to be tarnished anymore then they have by adding ****** scenes that dont need to be there......

But, if they can pull it off - Im all for it!

[face_peace]

-C

Darth Claire likes this.
  15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    As has already been pointed out, this, along with lense flair (sic) jokes and asserting that Chloe Moretz should be in the sequels...somehow, is an overly-discussed topic.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.