main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Would Sidious choose Obi Wan over Anakin

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GODLIKE, Feb 25, 2013.

1. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    as his new apprentice. Lets say he goes to Mustafar and Obi Wan is still there would he just kill him or try to turn him to the darkside? Who would be more powerful Vader in the suit or darkside Obi Wan. Would Obi Wan eventually be able to kill Sidious

2. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Obi-Wan wouldn't turn to the dark side. He also isn't the guy Sidious spent X-odd years grooming for the part.

Joe Antonetti, Son of a Bith and ILNP like this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan would not turn to the Dark Side regardless

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yep. Obi Wan is a true blue Jedi. He would never join the Sith after his master was killed by one, his master's master turning dark, and his former apprentice turned as well.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If Kenobi had been there when Sidious showed up, the clones would have opened fire and Sidious would have ragdolled Obi Wan far worse than Maul ever did in TCW.

Sable_Hart and rumsmuggler like this.
  6. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    depends who looked better in a pink tutu

oh, not that kind of thread

move along..move along :p

7. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    He didn't turn for his former master's master (Dooku). Why would he turn for Palpatine?

8. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    Im not asking if Obi Wan would turn

9. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Of course Obi-Wan was capable of becoming evil. Who wasn't? Leaving Anakin to slowly burn to death didn't help Obi-Wan's moral compass, along with encouraging Luke to commit patricide and losing his temper after Qui-Gon's death, during his duel with Maul.

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yes, you did.

11. GODLIKE

Nov 28, 2012
    No im not im asking what Sidious would do not how Obi Wan would respond there is a difference. How is asking who would be more powerful the same thing as asking would Obi Wan turn to the darkside. Thats probably what Sidious is thinking if Obi Wan is more powerful than he should try to turn him to the darkside to be his new apprentice.

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I don't know how. You are the one who asked about the power of: "darkside Obi Wan"

13. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Sidious would never have chosen Obi-Wan over Anakin, he was not as powerful, not as young, and was much too indoctrinated into the Jedi way.

14. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    In the ROTS novel Dooku tries to convince Sidious to turn Obi-Wan instead of Anakin and Sidious doesn't give it the time of day.

15. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Sidious would have turned Obi-Wan if he could have, of course, but I'm sure he couldn't. Maybe if he had planned and carried it out over the course of many decades, as he did with Anakin (as Rawne pointed out above), it would have been possible. Who knows?

But would Sidious have chosen Obi-Wan over Anakin? No way. He rather have the most powerful Jedi alive.

16. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I think that, even post-scarring, Anakin was a better apprentice for Palpatine. Palpatine had leverage over Anakin - he acted as Anakin's mentor and adopted father. This allowed Palpatine to control Anakin in a way he never could control Obi-Wan.

17. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

He chose Count Dooku. I realize that a lot of people like to believe that Obi-Wan would not have turned as easily as Anakin. I think he would have turned as easily, considering that he had his own set of weaknesses. All Palpatine had to do was discover them and utilize his weaknesses to turn the Jedi Master.

18. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I think Obi-Wan would have taken a lot more time and energy to turn than the "turning" of Dooku. Dooku was already pretty miffed at the Jedi Order by the time Palpatine started to take advantage of him, no?

heels1785 likes this.
  19. TheDarkSyde

TheDarkSyde Jedi Padawan

Feb 27, 2013
    Obi Wan wouldn't join the darkside, ever.
    Anyway, I think Anakin would either turn him back or kill him reluctantly.

20. Sir Cronal

Sir Cronal Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2013
    I think a non-canon story where Obi-Wan would become Sidious apprentice would be interesting and also a perfect idea for a new series of Infinities comics focusing on the Prequels.

21. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Obi Wan wasn't made into a space messiah by the PT, so no.

22. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Agreed. Anakin's potential was strong. He was the ultimate prize.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good point. Also, Palpatine had an enormous vessel/bargaining chip to act through with Anakin, in Padme. It's impossible to say, but hard for me to imagine Obi-Wan going to such drastic measures just to save, say, Satine (had she not been killed already).

24. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    If it's a what if question , then i think that Kenobi and Sidious would be a powerful team. How ever Obi-wan has a strong hart and I think that Obi-Wan would eventually go back to the lightside of the force.

25. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Obi-wan is as light as Sidious is Dark.