main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Walmart & Tunick... finito!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Keep the AOHell email for personal stuff, get another decent address for work stuff. I had a supervisor once who tossed out resumes with hotmail, aol.com, and yahoo.com addresses, even if they were for people he would otherwise hire. Gmail is a bit of a stretch too, but it doesn't carry the same status as any of the other three domains I mentioned, so it may be worth a shot. But as everyone else here has said, get that address off of your resume to-day.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  3. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    The last few posts even inspired me to make a more business one as well. I did before but forgot what it was. I didn't know your email could be such a factor.

4. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    If you can get an email through your ISP (assuming AOL isn't your ISP) then do it. Not only does it convey the fact that you aren't using a disposable email address, but it can also show that you have some stability in your life. Also, the best practice with these addresses is either your first and last name or your first initial and last name @ domain name.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    AOL isn't my ISP.

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I highly suggest going with a gmail account. Just like Dave I have tossed out applications based on that reason alone. I'll be honest your resume is very run of the mill. I always look for something that jumps out to me not causes me to skim through it. Have you ever done any community service? Won an award in high school? Something small that might just add a little bit of jazz to your resume.

You don't want to lie and you don't want to over embellish on it. But if there is anything you can add even awards you may have received during your time at Wal-Mart that might make someone look twice. It's worth having on there. I personally always go for the applications and resumes that seem interesting.

Now are you going in and filling out applications and dropping off your resume? If the answer is trim up your neckbeard and walk in like you are coming in for an interview. Don't show up in your street clothes. When hiring and taking applications we tend to overlook those. I know that employers shouldn't but your appearance to someone who is hiring says everything about you. It says if you care about yourself or not.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    But Gmail goes straight to my phone! Ugh. Guess it's time for me to get a new email address too. I've been using jedidajuan@gmail.com for years for everything, oops.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    PrincessKenobi: The only thing I ever won in high school was a 12th grade CORE (the name of the magnet program) award, given out by the teachers... I was the 'Rush Limbaugh most relentlessly conservative' winner. :p No community service either, and at Walmart I got a pin (and plaque) on my 5th anniversary. I suppose I could add that.

And I will create a gmail account... awtunick@gmail.com.

9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Tunick,

I wouldn't list that 5th anniversary award. Everybody gets one of those. Put something like how you helped increase productivity. Example: I had a temp job where the gal I was temporarily replacing had to send out (once a month) sales reports to our suppliers. She would go into the conference room to hand address the envelopes and it would take her three to four days to do it. I figured out how to automate the printing of the labels and I cut the time down to a day and a half.

10. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    the wall mart by me has people working there who don't speak 10% English.

I refuse to support this company and their crappy business practices...

Also, these are the companies that are crushing personal service across the country. You might pay low prices but you have the most uninformed workers on earth.

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Ditch the aol email... it makes you look incredibly out of touch and computer illiterate... seriously. Trust me, I've had several distribution/warehouse jobs. They want somebody who is computer literate... somebody who is capable of using and understanding inventory databases. An aol email makes you look like an old lady who only uses her computer to send chain emails to her pals.

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I did setup a gmail account.

13. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    how did they treat u at wallmart?? like a human or a robot who follows every order given... I hear they treat their employees like the latter.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Good... use that for job applications and your resume, bonehead. :p

A simple Google search (and believe me, they will Google you) brings up this page for DarthNorthridge...
    http://www.google.com/#q=DarthNorth...75,d.aWc&fp=5e32edd3e21899be&biw=1024&bih=643

Your Darth name leads straight to the jcc...

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    they don't speak 10% English? Well what do they speak, 100%? 99%? And of the percentage they do speak, do they done speak it at your level?

harpuah likes this.
  16. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    no, they help you by pointing and looking clueless because they don't speak the language, even to the smallest degree..

That's why there is little service at Wall Mart, they just need bodies on the floor and easy as theyre hired they replaced just as easily...

I just don't like wall marts business practices at all...

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's name is Walmart.

harpuah likes this.
  18. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    whatever its called I don't support them and heard many times over they treat their employees like crap.

they also helped crush small town America and anyone who cant compete with a multi billion dollar chain. They put entire town out of business and make the towns people their worker drones at crappy wages and no heath care in sight.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Freedom isn't free, there's a hefty ****ing fee. Can we agree on that, bro?

harpuah likes this.
  20. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    honestly I have no idea what youre saying or getting at.

what that has to do with companies like Walmart and others like them is beyond me..

All I wanted to know is how they treated the TS, only because ive heard they don't treat their employees that great.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You want to know how Walmart treats the transexuals?

harpuah likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm bisexual, not a tranny.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  23. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    hhahaha yes TS also means trans sexual as well.. I was going for thread starter originally lol

24. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can have multiple AOL email addresses. I have one for personal things, one for board-related stuff, and one for work-related mails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.